Notices

Still At It!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Still At It!

Well I know I haven't been writing for a bit but I've been busy. I'm still on my diet and even with Halloween I have kept to my 1600 calorie diet. I have even had a couple of pieces of candy (small ones). This way I satisfied my cravings and kept within my diet. A small fun piece of candy is only 80 calories and so I was able to have 1 or even 2 without feeling guilty. Guilt is the one thing that makes you go off the diet.

I went the doctors last week and even though I didn't get to my 399 pound goal, I did make it to 400 even. Not bad and I'm not going to beat myself up over the lousy 1 pound. The great news is that they were thinking of putting me on high blood pressure meds because my pressure was never lower than 140/80. Last week though it was 116/61 so my diet is helping me in more ways than just poundage. I also have more energy and have spent this week cleaning my house. I am able to do shopping with less pain and less stopping for breaks. I feel happier and healthier and I am accomplishing what I want. I also found some great recipes and when I don't feel like cooking I make sure I have some Lean Cuisine around to fill me up and keep me in check.

I want to thank you all for your support because that is what has kept me going. Knowing I'm not alone has shown me that we're a group and we can all do it together.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

I was hoping to hear from you Wanda. I'm so glad to know you've been staying on track.

I think it's cool that you made the goal of reaching 400. Every time you lose more you will feel better and better and be able to do more and have more energy.

One thing I've found that really helps a lot especially when the weather is colder is making home made soup.

I found a big bag of frozen vegetables at Sam's, it has broccoli, cauliflower, and two types of carrots in it. I like to get all my favorite vegetables and add them to a can of commercial soup as the base (like progresso light). You might have to add more water and then cook it until all the vegetables are tender. Soup is filling because it has a lot of water in it I think, and it's also satisfying without too many calories.

I mentioned this on the food board too but today I used some Dr. Mc Dougall's Spicy Szechuan noodles as the basis for my soup. I got a can of reduced sodium chicken broth, put the vegetables in it and cooked it with the flavor packet from the noodles, microwaved the noodles and added them into the soup. Great BIG breakfast, not very many calories at all.

If you get an ice cream craving try making a smoothie with a banana, that adds creaminess to it and you can add in different flavorings you like, like sugar free chocolate syrup, frozen strawberries, etc. It comes out just like a milk shake or soft ice cream.

Eggs are another thing I like. They're about 80 calories a piece and are filling because of the protein in them.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Wanda!
I was thinking about you the other day wondering if you were doing OK. I guess I shouldn't have worried - you seem to be right on track. Congrats on the 400lb mark. And even more congrats on your super attitude. That'll get you through the rough patches better than anything else.

I am sooo happy to read that your more comfortable moving around these days. Great isn't!

Keep in touch, girl... we are here for you.