No worries, you are not the only young one here. I started using FitDay off and on when I was around the age of 18.
Originally Posted by TakeOverControl
1. What should my calorie intake be? I intend to lose weight fast and healthily!
2. How much exercise would you recommend for my age? I was thinking of doing weight training every other day and cardio the other days.
3. Anyone have any motivation? I am an incredibly lazy person...it's hard for me to get up off my butt and go exercise!
4. Also, when I do exercise, how many calories should I try to burn?
1. Healthy, sustainable, weightloss is a maximum of 2lbs per week. I know that it is tempting to go for more, but if you stick to the 2lb limit, then you won't have to worry about loose skin quite so much. Your caloric intake will vary depending on how active you are. You're goal is to aim for a 500 - 750 caloric deficit per day. Moderation is the key to sustainability.
2. Everyone's exercise capacity is different. You should slowly work your way up. An example of this would be the Couch to 5K running plan. Google it. When I am in good health, I like to weight train 6 days a week & do cardio 7 days a week. Try reading Muscle & Fitness Hers. Google that too.
3. Try joining tumblr and looking for fitblrs. Or join in on the Weekly Goal thread here. No one can conquer your lazy but you.
4. It all goes back to the mathematics of calories in versus calories out. Though instead of calories, you should focus on # of reps done comfortably, or # of miles jogged without getting winded. It is all too easy to become obsessive in a bad way and to lose yourself in the numbers side of weight loss instead of the health side of the lifestyle change.
*** You should consult your physician before, during, and after any significant lifestyle changes in order to ensure that you are doing what is best for your body. This is the internet, we can only tell you what we have found to work for us.