Notices

So far So goooooood!

Old 10-18-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default So far So goooooood!

Okay so I found a Walk Away the Pounds DVD and started it yesterday. I can get just a little past 1/4 mile but that gives me about 8 minutes of exercising before my back started to hurt really bad. However, it was fun, I got my heartbeat going, felt the burning in my muscles and actually felt good. My doctor told me just to do it until I can't and increase as it gets easier. But going from NO exercising to 8 minutes a day is GREAT for my body. Still keeping up with eating right and I am so impressed at myself.

My grand daughter got chocolate cake yesterday. She divided the cake into 3 pieces (her, my son and my daughter). She knows I am on a diet so she didn't offer me any (good girl). I wanted that cake so much and a month ago I could eat the entire thing. But all I did was lick the fork and that was enough. I didn't cut a small piece, I didn't think about eating anymore. Just that small taste (about 1/8 tsp) was enough to get rid of the craving and allowed me to move on. I'm doing it. !!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

You are doing it! Good for you! Before long you will be doing 15 mins then a half hour. The sky is your only limit!

And how sweet of your granddaughter not to offer you any cake. She must be proud of you too! .... Little joke here. Sometimes when my hubby eats something that I don't want to, I ask him if I can just lick his lips when he is done! LOL
Old 10-22-2011, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Wanda how are you doing now? Do you have any more updates for us? Also be careful with Walk Away the Pounds with the side to side motions. I injured myself doing that particular part of it a few years ago but in general it's a good workout. I just stuck to forward and backward motions so as not to hurt my knees going side to side after I recovered.