Notices

First Day of my new life

Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default First Day of my new life

Hello to all,

I am 24 years old, and currently I weigh 175lbs, I'm only about 5'4" and its the heaviest I've ever been in my life.
Its been really hard dealing with this weight, its affecting every are of my life, including my health.

I've decided that 2010 is going to be the year of my chage, I need to lose about 40 lbs to be at a healthy weight.

Wish me LUCK>>>
Old 01-05-2010, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

HI! I'm in the same boat - 5"4' and 179 lbs. I can't believe I let myself go this, but need to remember it didn't just appear overnight. I think we're on the right track in tracking our daily calories. Just seeing how much I do eat is shoking and seeing it in print lets me see where I really could have held back. Good luck to you and don't get discouraged. By summer, we'll be looking great!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

I wish you luck! Your story is very similar to mine except that I'm 37! Hopefully we will both be posting or success in 2010!!
Old 01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
FitDay Member

Hey I know exactly how you feel...I'm too embarassed to state my exact weight but I will say that I'm 75#'s overweight. It really messes with your life, I mean your confidence level gets to a point of rock bottom, your clothes no longer make you feel good or look good on you and you just have trouble doing/ enjoying most things you use to ha? Well I'm going to try to make this a year of differance and get rid of the extra weight holding me down Good Luck on your goals! I'll check in frequently I think this is a good support tool!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Allagria
HI! I'm in the same boat - 5"4' and 179 lbs. I can't believe I let myself go this, but need to remember it didn't just appear overnight. I think we're on the right track in tracking our daily calories. Just seeing how much I do eat is shoking and seeing it in print lets me see where I really could have held back. Good luck to you and don't get discouraged. By summer, we'll be looking great!
YES!!! i'm with you on that, by summer time I wanna be able to wear a bathing suit and not feel embarrassed of how I look... it is so true about seeing what you eat, it helps you keep track of what you should and shouldnt have eaten, its only my second day but i have faith this year will be different...Good luck to you!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christy745
I wish you luck! Your story is very similar to mine except that I'm 37! Hopefully we will both be posting or success in 2010!!
Yes, nothing but success stories for us! Good luck to you too
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by msmarilyn3
Hey I know exactly how you feel...I'm too embarassed to state my exact weight but I will say that I'm 75#'s overweight. It really messes with your life, I mean your confidence level gets to a point of rock bottom, your clothes no longer make you feel good or look good on you and you just have trouble doing/ enjoying most things you use to ha? Well I'm going to try to make this a year of differance and get rid of the extra weight holding me down Good Luck on your goals! I'll check in frequently I think this is a good support tool!
I know how you feel, I really was so embarrased to put in how much I weigh but i figure I have to be honest with myself in order to help myself.
My self esteem just went right to the floor this past year, I have kept myself from doing things I enjoy, from dressing the way I want because I feel so not confident in my own body.
Which is why i decided to really make a change, not just to lose about 45 lbs but to make a lifestyle change to be the person I wanna be inside and out.

I love this site, its great to see that I am not alone and that I can have people in the same boat as me to support and help each other...Best of luck to you!!!! and keep us posted on your successes!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in a similar situation - 5"3", and my weight has crept back up to 161 over the past 3 years, since getting stuck in a sit-down job. I've been working out a lot over that time period, but my age - 49 - and knee injuries are making it much harder to lose weight.

So, time to get real and cut back on calories. The working out part is easy for me - I love to move, love to exercise, walk, used to run, etc. Cuting back on food - it seems like that is the only real "fun": I get to have anymore. But that's an attitude that has to change.

I'm starting work again with a trainer also in a few weeks also. I know she will ask me about my eating habits again. Sometimes you just have to make up your mind that long-term health is more important than short term feel-good about food.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sunrosa
I'm in a similar situation - 5"3", and my weight has crept back up to 161 over the past 3 years, since getting stuck in a sit-down job. I've been working out a lot over that time period, but my age - 49 - and knee injuries are making it much harder to lose weight.

So, time to get real and cut back on calories. The working out part is easy for me - I love to move, love to exercise, walk, used to run, etc. Cuting back on food - it seems like that is the only real "fun": I get to have anymore. But that's an attitude that has to change.

I'm starting work again with a trainer also in a few weeks also. I know she will ask me about my eating habits again. Sometimes you just have to make up your mind that long-term health is more important than short term feel-good about food.
thats my problem too, I have a job in which 80% of the time im sitting down and I go to school at night so I really dont have that much time to excercise, but when I do have time I like to go for walks and run once in a while, I am ok the first couple of weeks of a diet but thats about it, i think its more of changing bad habits for a healthier lifestyle than to diet...

Good luck to you!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JRamirez24
I am ok the first couple of weeks of a diet but thats about it, i think its more of changing bad habits for a healthier lifestyle than to diet...
I believe you are exactly correct - it is about changing bad habits. I don't have too many of them, I eat really healthy overall, just too many calories given my more sedentary lifestyle. So I have to stop comfort eating, keep it real, make it about nutrition.

You are tougher than I am!! Honestly, I have contemplated night school to work towards job changes, but I would go insane with stress if I didn't work out every evening - the job situation is that awful. Not enough hours in the day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.