FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   20 lbs. in 3 months (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5480-20-lbs-3-months.html)

JennyKam 10-17-2011 10:56 AM

20 lbs. in 3 months

=

Rubystars 10-17-2011 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by JennyKam (Post 59751)
As the title implies, I'm looking to lose 20 lbs. in 3 months. I can't do it alone, so I'm reaching out to all of you for help.

We all have our own reasons for wanting to lose weight. My reasons:
1) Health: After 2 years of stomach/intestinal pain, I am finally having an endoscopy/biopsy over Thanksgiving. But I want to change my diet for a lifetime of health after I get all of it figured out.
2) To feel pretty: I would love to be a size 6, and not have to worry about how my lower body pear shaped curves will fit into a pair of jeans (I am 165, 5'8", and size 10-12).
3) Stress relief: Here it is, the main reason I'm joining this site. I've spent the past 6 or 7 years binge eating. I maintain my weight, but only by exercising a lot and restricting my diet on and off. Which, drives me crazy. But it's hard to stop because of the shame of telling family/friends for support, and because with all the hours I work and going to grad school at the same time, it's one of the few stress relieving moments I have--and over the years it's become a habit. I need to break it.

So I ask you to join me, if you are looking to meet the same weight loss goal or if you too, like me, are looking for support. I am hoping to use this thread to keep myself accountable. To post daily calorie intakes, workouts, and other revelations that I discover along my journey.

Tomorrow is Day 1. And in 3 months, on my 24th birthday, I want to be happy, healthy, and eating sensibly, intuitively, and freely. No longer a captive of my stressful binge eating.

Thanks for joining me.

Why do you say you can't do it on your own? If you can't do it on your own how will you maintain for a lifetime? You have to find a source of inner strength and motivation in addition to having supportive buddies or you will revert back.

Luckygir15 10-18-2011 12:28 AM

I'm in a similar boat. Looking to loose 35 pounds before May 20th. I'm 5'9" and can barely muffin top myself into my size 12 jeans....eeek!

I would love to loose a ton before December 17th, but I'm not rushing myself. I'm flying down to Florida to visit family and hit up Disney!!! Very excited!

wildbeanerz 10-18-2011 03:39 AM

Welcome to FitDay! You might want to come over to the 7 day motivational thread in the women's section. We all post weekly goals and update them daily. It's nice for accountability.

kag123 10-18-2011 12:08 PM

20lbs in 3 months...I'm in. I was doing really good lost 33 lbs in the spring but in July it all went down hill after several months of going back and forth to hospitals with my mom and now recently my husband gained 12lbs back:( I was so proud of myself but let stress take over. I love to do Zumba and turbo Jam have been watching what goes in my mouth again. Just trying to play catch up on my rest and going to hit it hard again. I will update my stats tomorrow after I dreadfully step on that scale in the AM. I am 5'5" approx 178lbs and would absolutely love to get to that 158 mark. Lets keep us accountable!!

kag123 10-19-2011 01:25 PM

Ugh...had everything in here then got interrupted, came back and it would not post...anyways did 1.5 hours Zumba and have been really watching what I eat and drinking my water. Also getting back on track on taking my vitamins and I gotta say they must help. I feel better today then I have in awhile.P90x heard that is a kick butt workout...maybe I will try it after I need a break from Zumba and Turbo Jam BTW it is kind of like kickboxing,dance stregth a good work out with both of the above I modify some to keep my knees from getting sore...not as young as the ones doing it on DVD.
Luckygirl...I can relate to the muffin top and size 12 jeans. Must say gotta love the stretch denim.
JennyKam~Kudos on giving up coffee don't think I can do it completely but am cutting back

kag123 10-20-2011 11:31 AM

I gave into the snack size snickers too, must say I enjoyed them. Still within my limits also and did 50 min Turbo Jam. 1.5 less on the scale this am, so that was nice. Still trying to play catch up on rest from the last few months..but not letting myself get too lazy to exercise and eat right. (hoping the hubby finishes the snickers while I'm at work) Your days seem crazy that's for sure, i work 2nd shift so the real craziness starts at about 3pm for me. Goal for tomorrow Zumba day and approx. 1700 cal.

rly123 10-21-2011 04:30 AM

whoo hoo!

yay! I'm so happy about this thread. lol I totally need to lose a lot more weight but 20 lbs in 3 months is totally reasonable. I don't wanna say "I fell off the wagon" because I didn't gain any weight, but during my summer I didn't get to work out and somehow stayed the same weight (thank you, baby Jesus!). So now This is week 2 of working out again. I used to weigh an ugly 226 lbs in January and now weigh 193 lbs. whoo hoo! I used to be 139 back in high school and I know I can get back to that weight. I HAVE to! lol I workout daily with a friend who has also lost the same amount of weight as me so the motivation and commitment is there. I'm so excited to see more results! I've been taking pics of myself every now and then and I am so shocked at the results, I suggest you do the same, you'll look back at them and be like :eek: and it'll motivate you some more. :D

kag123 10-24-2011 09:35 AM

So sorry about being lazy on the posting over the weekend...very busy lots of yard work happening...consistant with the Zumba and Turbo Jam also...didn't look at scale since last week though. Maybe I will feel skinny tomorrow. Didn't track food either this wknd but stayed cautious...you seem to be doing well. I have a Girls wknd planned this coming wknd in Milwaukee guessing I will be bad...lots of walking though. Hitting it hard this wk so I won't feel so quilty this wknd. The one good thing about 2nd shift is I actually get a lot more done in the AM at home then I am forced to stay up...helps with the eating also. When I worked days found it easier to mis behave...Beer...late night suppers...skipped Workouts(too tired) etc. Now I excersise first thing...get house/yard work done and head into work. Keeps me honest

kag123 10-24-2011 02:11 PM

Wow JennyKam, you are doing awesome on your weight loss...is that 6 pounds in a week?? What am I doing wrong...calories approx. 1700...1.5-2 hours workout not including the norm for the day and tons of water. Maybe it was those darn snickers... but still thought I wasn't too bad on the calories oh well better luck this week:) Keep up the good work...oh BTW my hubby made me oatmeal this wknd and put a teaspoon of peanut butter in it and OMG was that good...could eat that for a treat.:p Gotta go work is calling:eek:

kag123 10-26-2011 10:03 AM

Scale not my friend this week however I do think the workouts are working according to the way my jeans are fitting...keeping around 1800-1900 calories with 2 hours of Zumba and Turbo Jam. Would like calories a little lower but hubby made ckn ala king and there is no disguising those calories and I am not starving myself the rest of the day. (he is a chef, make large portions...so a few days of it) Fitday says I should be at 1900 calories to lose 2 pounds a wk...not seeing it yet, time will tell. I ordered a couple other DVD's to keep it interesting, will update when I get them and try them out. :)

Anna1Louise 10-27-2011 04:01 AM

I'm wishing you much success in your journey. You are far from overweight with a BMI of 25.1 depending on your bone structure.

Lose the weight to make yourself feel good, not to fit into a size category.

Find physical activities that you enjoy doing (biking, swimming, tennis, volleyball, dancing).

Be realistic about your weight loss. A pound a week should work. The first 10 pounds you lose, you will see a difference.

Remember, this is a "lifestyle" change.

Make sure you eat. Limit your daily fat to 20 - 25% fat from calories. You need good fat for your body to function.

Drink water. If you don't like water, try adding something into your water, like a lemon or lime wedge. I like the Crystal Light individual drink packages. You can add that to help with the sweet cravings.

If you like a piece of chocolate, try and fit that into your plan.

Anna1Louise 10-27-2011 04:09 AM

You seem to be very strict with yourself trying to give up sugar and caffeine.

Just try taking it one day at a time. You'll do it. You will be successful in your goals.

Remember to eat healthy and make healthy choices. Tuck a snack of almonds in your bag. {{{hugs}}} I'm cheering for you! :)

kag123 10-31-2011 08:53 AM

Hey I am back and ready from my girls wknd in Milwaukee:D Had so much fun and no I don't think I should log what I ate:eek: Jen~yes not cooking does give me more time for exercising but he makes more of a mess than Iwould...haven't done the measurements for awhile, probaly should get back to that. I do think for whatever reason i am retaining some water...hitting it hard this week and if no results will have to look at what I am doing more and change it up. BTW if anyone is ever in Cedarburg Wisc. they have absolutely the BEST Ice Cream shop:)

kag123 11-03-2011 02:34 PM

Jenny: Where did you go?

No scale this week...still afraid from the wknd, been doing the normal 1-2 hr work out and trying to keep track of what goes in my mouth:eek: Dentist today, so made it easy to be good. Was so behind on everything trying to get caught up this week so I can really hit it hard next wk. Can't believe the holidays are just around the corner. Jenny you must be having a busy wk haven't heard from you since Tuesday. I had a lot of meetings with homework so been crazy with me too.
Check in tomorrow:p

kag123 11-04-2011 08:50 AM

Figured you had some long days, your mom's cookies and pineapple cake sound yummy...funny that use to be my mom's favorites to make also. (and mine to eat) Homework is for my job no school, hitting it hard to get those brown nosing points:D I think it is working;) Not sure about checking in this wknd, the hubby works so I am getting my grandson for the wknd, I always say he is good for grandmas heart. Try to rest up after those long days

kag123 11-07-2011 02:40 PM

Bummer...I actually took time for a lenghtly reply and the darn system froze on me again:mad: Anyway good to see the scale is going down for you..keep it up:) I use to love to read, no time lately maybe during the wonderful Minnesota winter I will pick up a book, the ones you read sound good. No loss for me yet, maybe i will get a chance tomorrow to go through what I tried posting today to explain what I realized what I was doing wrong.Basically estimating calories from the hubbys cooking:eek:

kag123 11-10-2011 09:47 AM

I don't have a lot of time so real quick example oatmeal...he puts a lot of stuff in it for example chia~flax~organic choc~whey~dried Blueberries, it is very yummy but dang those additionals add the calories I was still figuring the norm for oatmeal...this stuff is 420 calories:eek: Good protien and Fiber however. On a good note been staying consistant with 45 min Turbo Jam and 45 min Zumba and my clthes are feeling loose...scale still isn't moving but as long as there is progress I am happy. Maybe we both are losing the fat and gaining muscle that is why the scale is not budging...we both just need to keep at it and eventually the scale will show better results (or I will buy a new one that will);)

tvlady1908 11-11-2011 05:19 PM

Can I join this challenge. I need to lose 20lbs for a healthy BMI. I am already down 6lbs. Hoping to hit 175 in 3 months or less and ultimately hit 145-150. All of this weight loss has been intimidating, since until 2 years ago I had never been more than a size 8 at my heaviest. A week and a half ago I was 202, now I'm 196 no where near where I want to be but on the right track. I hope I can drop 10lbs by Christmas and another 10 before Valentine's Day.

Diet
1200-1600 calories
Carbs 35 to 45%

Exercise 6 days a week 40 to 60 minutes.
Insanity for cardio alternating with Strength/Running

tvlady1908 11-14-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by JennyKam (Post 62145)

Hey Tvlady, of course you can join this challenge! The more the merrier, we can all support each other :) Good for you for already being down 6 lbs! Once you start eating healthier/exercising the weight does seem to fall off quickly for some. The weight loss can definitely be hard, and intimidating. And it can be hard sometimes not getting down if the scale doesn't move in the direction you want it too. But that is where we all get to help each other out. Best of luck, and join us in posting about your journey!
Jen

Thanks, I'm glad to be here. I had a minor setback at least as far as exercising. I fell down a flight of steps Saturday night, I have a huge black and blue bruise on my hip. It doesn't hurt that bad, but since it is on my hip things like running and lunges and jumping might not be such a good idea. So I took the last two days off and I'm hoping to get back into my routine before the end of the week.

kag123 11-15-2011 01:42 PM

Yes it is strange when you think you ate bad and the scale goes down, that must have something to do with metabolism with the spike in calories..I try to have a day or two where I let them go a little higher. BTW I am wearing a pair of Jeans I haven't worn in 4 years...yeah. Haven't checked the scale ina while figured I am happier just with noticing the clothes feeling better. May attempt the scale on Friday. Have fun in Chicago!! Welcom tvlady, glad you are with us as you may see me and Jenny get busy and miss a day or two but we catch up.