Notices

20 lbs. in 3 months

Old 10-26-2011, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Scale not my friend this week however I do think the workouts are working according to the way my jeans are fitting...keeping around 1800-1900 calories with 2 hours of Zumba and Turbo Jam. Would like calories a little lower but hubby made ckn ala king and there is no disguising those calories and I am not starving myself the rest of the day. (he is a chef, make large portions...so a few days of it) Fitday says I should be at 1900 calories to lose 2 pounds a wk...not seeing it yet, time will tell. I ordered a couple other DVD's to keep it interesting, will update when I get them and try them out.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

I'm wishing you much success in your journey. You are far from overweight with a BMI of 25.1 depending on your bone structure.

Lose the weight to make yourself feel good, not to fit into a size category.

Find physical activities that you enjoy doing (biking, swimming, tennis, volleyball, dancing).

Be realistic about your weight loss. A pound a week should work. The first 10 pounds you lose, you will see a difference.

Remember, this is a "lifestyle" change.

Make sure you eat. Limit your daily fat to 20 - 25% fat from calories. You need good fat for your body to function.

Drink water. If you don't like water, try adding something into your water, like a lemon or lime wedge. I like the Crystal Light individual drink packages. You can add that to help with the sweet cravings.

If you like a piece of chocolate, try and fit that into your plan.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

You seem to be very strict with yourself trying to give up sugar and caffeine.

Just try taking it one day at a time. You'll do it. You will be successful in your goals.

Remember to eat healthy and make healthy choices. Tuck a snack of almonds in your bag. {{{hugs}}} I'm cheering for you!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hey I am back and ready from my girls wknd in Milwaukee Had so much fun and no I don't think I should log what I ate Jen~yes not cooking does give me more time for exercising but he makes more of a mess than Iwould...haven't done the measurements for awhile, probaly should get back to that. I do think for whatever reason i am retaining some water...hitting it hard this week and if no results will have to look at what I am doing more and change it up. BTW if anyone is ever in Cedarburg Wisc. they have absolutely the BEST Ice Cream shop
Old 11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Default Jenny: Where did you go?

No scale this week...still afraid from the wknd, been doing the normal 1-2 hr work out and trying to keep track of what goes in my mouth Dentist today, so made it easy to be good. Was so behind on everything trying to get caught up this week so I can really hit it hard next wk. Can't believe the holidays are just around the corner. Jenny you must be having a busy wk haven't heard from you since Tuesday. I had a lot of meetings with homework so been crazy with me too.
Check in tomorrow
Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Figured you had some long days, your mom's cookies and pineapple cake sound yummy...funny that use to be my mom's favorites to make also. (and mine to eat) Homework is for my job no school, hitting it hard to get those brown nosing points I think it is working Not sure about checking in this wknd, the hubby works so I am getting my grandson for the wknd, I always say he is good for grandmas heart. Try to rest up after those long days
Old 11-07-2011, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Bummer...I actually took time for a lenghtly reply and the darn system froze on me again Anyway good to see the scale is going down for you..keep it up I use to love to read, no time lately maybe during the wonderful Minnesota winter I will pick up a book, the ones you read sound good. No loss for me yet, maybe i will get a chance tomorrow to go through what I tried posting today to explain what I realized what I was doing wrong.Basically estimating calories from the hubbys cooking
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

I don't have a lot of time so real quick example oatmeal...he puts a lot of stuff in it for example chia~flax~organic choc~whey~dried Blueberries, it is very yummy but dang those additionals add the calories I was still figuring the norm for oatmeal...this stuff is 420 calories Good protien and Fiber however. On a good note been staying consistant with 45 min Turbo Jam and 45 min Zumba and my clthes are feeling loose...scale still isn't moving but as long as there is progress I am happy. Maybe we both are losing the fat and gaining muscle that is why the scale is not budging...we both just need to keep at it and eventually the scale will show better results (or I will buy a new one that will)
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM
FitDay Member

Can I join this challenge. I need to lose 20lbs for a healthy BMI. I am already down 6lbs. Hoping to hit 175 in 3 months or less and ultimately hit 145-150. All of this weight loss has been intimidating, since until 2 years ago I had never been more than a size 8 at my heaviest. A week and a half ago I was 202, now I'm 196 no where near where I want to be but on the right track. I hope I can drop 10lbs by Christmas and another 10 before Valentine's Day.

Diet
1200-1600 calories
Carbs 35 to 45%

Exercise 6 days a week 40 to 60 minutes.
Insanity for cardio alternating with Strength/Running
Old 11-14-2011, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JennyKam

Hey Tvlady, of course you can join this challenge! The more the merrier, we can all support each other Good for you for already being down 6 lbs! Once you start eating healthier/exercising the weight does seem to fall off quickly for some. The weight loss can definitely be hard, and intimidating. And it can be hard sometimes not getting down if the scale doesn't move in the direction you want it too. But that is where we all get to help each other out. Best of luck, and join us in posting about your journey!
Jen
Thanks, I'm glad to be here. I had a minor setback at least as far as exercising. I fell down a flight of steps Saturday night, I have a huge black and blue bruise on my hip. It doesn't hurt that bad, but since it is on my hip things like running and lunges and jumping might not be such a good idea. So I took the last two days off and I'm hoping to get back into my routine before the end of the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.