FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Was doing good then.... (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/548-doing-good-then.html)

msmarilyn3 03-01-2010 07:39 AM

Was doing good then....

Aw man don't ya just hate it when your diet is going great...you're starting to see the results, you're feeling more confident ...you think you got it down then.... in a moment of weakness you blow it:( ....that turns into a weekend of blowing it. You start the I'll get back on my diet Monday chant....well it is a week from that Monday and I'm finally back on board. I felt like such a failure the whole time I was off and I'm telling you there is nothing absolutely nothing good about feeling like a failure especially for a person like me who tells everyone else to find their Sexy self;) So anyways if any of you have failed recently I want you to forgive yourself and get back on board the Sexy train! Together we have the strength to beat this thing called low self esteem-low self worth!!!!

cjohnson728 03-01-2010 07:48 AM

Okay, no failure talk!

All righty, Ms. Marilyn! Failing is when you don't come back. You just did and we are glad of it. You didn't fail, you just took a breather! Sounds like you are turning the train around and will pick up steam soon. We all have our weak moments, no matter how much we can pump others up in our strong ones. Now that it's out of your system, onward and upward (or downward, in scale terms). :)

Lizzycritter 03-01-2010 11:09 AM

Sometimes the body and mind need a break. Doesn't matter what you did last week, last week is over. Start again this week. Doesn't matter how many times you fall. Only thing that matters is you get back up one more time.

msmarilyn3 03-02-2010 06:22 AM

Thanks!!!

[COLOR="Purple"][/COLOR]Thanks, You guys rock! The sun is shinning in my part of the world today what a beautiful affirmation of things to come:p It is great to be part of a group of such truly wonderful people !!!!;)

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 08:54 AM

I do the whole falling off and getting back on all the time. If i walked up and down the stairs as quick id have reached my goal by now!!
Im learning it takes time to get there and isnt so easy to keep going just because ive lost 3stones. That over-eating greedy me is still inthere and can sometimes come out again to visit. Ive got to learn how to banish that side ofme for good. Theres a reason i got so fat-greed!!!! Thats the truth no excuses i just love eating food. Ther are two sides to me:

1. size 20 who aint bothered what i eat-moody,angry,miserable,stressed
and
2.size 14 and losing who wants to get to goal and be healthy-happy,calm,cheery

I want to be number 2 all the time but when that number 1 decides to hop back on board i just cant control it.
How do i get rid of the old number 1 for good so she cant come back? Is it possible to become a new person for good?

wannabefitgrl 05-08-2010 09:07 AM

Tracey, I know how you feel. Everyone tells me what great discipline I have, but they forget that I live alone and could easily eat half the bag of tortilla chips and no one would ever know! Sometimes I really really want to.

And speaking of slipping up, Friday night, my boyfriend was doing a live taping of his cooking show, so him and a couple other chefs were making food and serving it to the crowd as they came and went. Well, I ate dinner before I went not realizing what I was getting into. I was fed one dish after another until I thought I was going to pop. Then him and I went out with some friends after where I proceeded to have two beers, appetizers, and stayed up way too late. Woke up around 7, and I could hear the wind whipping rain at the windows and would have loved nothing more than to roll over and go back to bed. But I waited for the rain to quit, then made myself get up and go for that early morning run, and I've been very carefully counting my calories and working in extra exercise when I can.

I think most of us here on fitday understand the struggle it is to stay on track. Don't beat yourself up too much when you take breaks, but know there's a community of support here to help you get back on wagon.

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 09:37 AM

Thankyou so much for the encouragement. Before fitday id have beaten myself up for days but now as soon as ive typed down my struggles to you guys i relax and think positive again. All the advice is super and knowing thers others who understand me is a real comfort. Thanks again

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 09:46 AM

I also get people telling me how well im doing and "gosh it must be easy or you"-yeah right when im on my own its a whole different relationship with food. It calls me from the cupboard and the little voice is there til i eat the damn thing. My fiancee knows the truth i always admit if ive had a snack attack but he knows what im like. To him he doesnt mind if i eat 24hrs a day but he says i do so well through the day (which is true) and then ruin it on an evening while nobody looking. He is so supportive and helps me all he can. Its all great til theres nobody around to watch the not needed calories get shuffled in!!!!

wannabefitgrl 05-08-2010 12:29 PM

I had a Friday night a couple weeks ago where I slipped up pretty badly. I ate dinner, but still felt hungry. Instead of the usual cup of tea, I went for those tortilla chips, then it was a couple pieces of licorice, and to top it all off someone at work bought me a cookie to say thanks for a job well done. Typically when that happens, I just give it to the boyfriend and it's no big deal. But this was a chocolate caramel cookie and it looked soooo good. I ate the entire thing, on top of the chips and licorice. Felt like a cow, but I fessed up about it later to the boyfriend. He just looks at me and says "I love that your big news for the day is that you ATE A COOKIE!" Yes, for some that may seem like my priorities are way out of wack, but for everyone else on here who's working so hard, I know you understand.

Keep working at it Tracey, it will all be worth it (especially on your big day!)

almeeker 05-08-2010 01:06 PM

You know even the most important people in the world, with the most important jobs, get to take a vacation. Don't think of it as a slip up, just think of it as a vacation from your diet. It's okay, we all need a break now and then, the important thing is that you're headed back in the right direction and possibly stronger than ever. I slip up all the time. Just tonight I had pasta for dinner. I'll probably pay for it on the scale for the next 3 days, but I'm not beating myself up over it. It was yummy I enjoyed it and now that I've had a plateful of it I can go without it for a good number of weeks.