FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Looking for a weightloss buddy (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/5393-looking-weightloss-buddy.html)

freddieshoney 10-05-2011 03:30 AM

Looking for a weightloss buddy

I have recently had 3 kids in 3 years and my youngest just turned 2, so you can imagine the weight I have put on and the worst part is until now I haven't even tried to loose any. my fiancee is fine with the way I look. But I am not and I have decided it is time to do something about it, I want to fit into my pre pregnancy clothes again and feel good again and most of all actually be able to keep up with my toddlers :D. So anyone that wants to help keep me on track or just needs someone to talk to and share in there weight loss struggles I am here and I know I need the help..

cmkenton 10-05-2011 04:53 AM

I'm here

Hi Freddieshoney
I need a weight loss buddy too. I just started my diet yesterday and have a long ways to go. My goal is to lose 75 lbs. I am inspired by my sister who has just lost 50 lbs by lots of exercising and good food choices. I am starting out with the Atkins diet. Two Atkin shakes per day and one meal (at lunchtime). I've had good success with this meal plan but can never seem to stay on the program for more than 2 months or so.
For now, I'm taking it one day at a time!

freddieshoney 10-05-2011 05:56 AM

I have just started today and basically I am just going to start eating healthy and exercise. I have 4 children so I want to set a example of a healthy life style... This first day has been hard but I am doing great so far. My weight loss goal is 100 lbs I would love to have lost it by my birthday 2012 which only give me 6 months probably wont happen so if I can loose it by Jan 2013 I will be more then happy I will be marrying my fiancee of 6 years then. my biggest problem is the fact the I drink a lot of coke and I am going to slowly ween myself off of it I plan to be completely pop free by next month hopefully before but for now I am just taking it one day at a time. :)

wildbeanerz 10-05-2011 07:13 AM

Welcome to both of you!

Freddieshoney...you will be surprised what happens when you drop that soda habit. My hubby lost 30lbs switching from Mountain Dew to Sierra Mist Free for the sugar alone. Now I wish he would stop drinking the diet soda too but that is a new hurdle. I used to be hooked on it bad, but now I never drink more than 1 can a day and some days none at all. i don't do coffee or tea or anything though so if I want caffiene Diet Coke it is. But just one can with dinner in the evening if I have any.

freddieshoney 10-05-2011 08:13 AM

I know dropping the soda would help a ton, but it is really hard to do away with it is my only addiction I will say, but I am trying I stoped drinking it once before when I was pregnant with my last 2 went almost 2 years with only having a sprite here or there but started drinking it again slowly thinking that I would not develop the habit of drinking it again like I use to well I was wrong but I no where near drink as much as I use did. Never tried the diet sierra mist how is it, usually I just can't handle the after taste of the diet pop everyone tells me just drink it and you will get use to it but I don't know maybe I do know there has to be a change because I am not liking being this big.. :confused: