Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Feeling better but not 100% yet. I don't want my legs to hurt more so I did the squats today.
Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mike, I will try the calf exercise tomorrow. And give Mern her dancing banana.
I'm proud of you for sticking to the squats. Wanting to do them every day is CRAZY. It's looking like you'll hit 6 days, just as crazy. No banana today.

Originally Posted by almeeker
I think if you really want to reach 3K your going to have to add a big pink hair ribbon and a pair of falsies. Okay okay I'm kidding about the hair ribbon, we know your challenged in that area, a big head band then with a bow on it.
ummm no and no. Sorry. Ohhh you meant teeth for falsies?

Originally Posted by almeeker
Main80, I read those leg instructions from Mike, sounds brutal, but I'm going to give it a whack tomorrow at the gym. I'll probably be crippled by Sunday.
Well let us know how it went. You can do them at home, especially since I wouldn't recommend weights at first. You have a spare minute, right?

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... that leg exercise looks interesting. I might have to give it a try.
wooowhooo I'm going to every everyone crippled.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: I could only afford a $20 donation, but I put it on your site this morning. I hope it helps at least a little bit! Thanks for standing up to cancer

Mary: That chocolate sounds AMAZING.

Joanna: You'll figure your metabolism out - diabetes is NOT easy! Great job on the exercise!!!

Lizzie: CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!! That's wonderful!

Amy: Tomato worm science project? Sounds like a kid after my own heart! Your Mom sounds like a worm whisperer, that's too funny!!

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Achieve an average between 1200-1400 calories for the week. No single day over 1600 cals. M: 1,090 T: 1,338 W: 1,418 Th: 1,699 (oops!) (Week Average: 1,386)
2) Exercise 3-4 times this week M: Day off T: Zumba Cardio Party W: Day off Th: Day off
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000-7,000 M: -746 T: -1,121 W: -409 Th: -124 (Week Total: -2,400)
4) At least 80 oz. of water daily M: No T: yes W: no Th: No
5) Multivitamin daily M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: yes
6) Weigh in Monday and Friday M: 163.2 T: No weighing W: Weighed unofficially - 161.6!! Th: No weighing

Other Goals

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: no makeup T: yes W: yes Th: yes
2) Take some "time out" for myself every day M: yes T: yes W: yes Th: Yes
3) Cross-stitch; post pictures! M: No T: No W: No Th: No

Uh -- had an "oops" unplanned semi-cheat yesterday, but I'm just going to write it off. I'm in way too good of a mood to be mad at myself. For my cheat and accountability: Got home late last night from work, and BF insisted that I was looking amazing and he wanted to reward me, so he got a Pizza Hut Pan Pizza with chicken, onion, and peppers on it for me. I haven't had Pizza Hut pan pizza in 10 months - so I sat down with that and a glass or two of wine and ate a couple of slices. I just... don't feel bad about it at all. The scale greeted me with a bloated 164 lbs. this morning, but I know that's just sodium/alcohol talking and come Monday, it'll be gone (as I intend to work my BEHIND off today!)

It feels good to know that I can just have the cheat and move on. I know a couple of months ago I would be kicking myself. But it was sort of an unplanned date night/cheat night all in one, and I had a marvelous time with BF just eating, talking, drinking, and catching up as we've both been so busy lately. Who can feel bad about that??

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

~Terri
Old 10-07-2011, 03:38 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't had time to read the posts from yesterday and today. Will TRY to do that today. Things just went nuts yesterday with young GD getting her finger badly sprained at school and then live-in GD having a job interview (starts at Burger King Monday) and then having to take her to and from her BF's soccer game last night. Yeah, that's it--blame it on the grandkids. Naw, for real, I love them but helping with them really does consume a lot of my otherwise free time.

Got off track yesterday, but skimming the posts and seeing the encouragement from our group on my successful start this week got me to pull myself up by my bootstraps and do some damage control. Not all that great, but could have been much worse. Thanks, gals and guy.

Thursday report:
Calorie limit 1600 1369, 1230, 1515, 1510
Saturated fat average 12% 10%, 11%, 8%, 19%
Cholesterol intake average 300mg 295, 248, 260, 182
Carb less fiber limit 25g 21, 24, 30
Fiber target 30g 32, 31, 34, 35
track protein 130g, 114g, 135g, 109g
6 servings veggies YES, YES, YES, NO
fish oil and vitamin D YES, YES, YES, YES
artificial sweetener limit 2 packets 2, 3, 4, 8 or 9?--maybe more
sugar free candy miniatures limit 2 pieces 2, 2, 2 NO--EIGHT!
water 64 oz. YES, YES, SUCKED BIG TIME
exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off

Taking a day trip tomorrow with DH to two fall festivals--pumpkin festival at a county park in southeast Ohio, then ferrying across the Ohio River to a "Turning of the Leaves Festival" in Kentucky. Can't promise how good my willpower will be, but if I cheat I hope I can do another controlled cheat like yesterday.

Last edited by Mern; 10-07-2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Oh my Terri, thanks a bunch!

That just put me at 3 for the week, so I made my goal for the week. I'm now at $675 with 15 days left!

I'm not too Facebook savvy but if anyone wants to repost my link to their page I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 10-07-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Just popped back in to post a promise and saw that Lizzie got engaged. Wow! That's wonderful! Wishing you and DH-to-be much happiness!

OK, my promise: since one of the day trip festivals tomorrow is at a county park, I suggested to DH (and he said that's fine) that we take picnic meal that we can eat for either lunch or dinner depending on which festival we'll attend first. So that'll be two meals-- breakfast and one other-- that I can be sure I'll have the willpower to eat on plan.

DH can take whatever he wishes, but MY picnic will be turkey and sliced avocado with fresh spinach leaves and horseradish mustard on half a low carb tortilla, pork rinds sprinkled with artificial sweetener and cinnamon, and a chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin. Unsweetened iced tea or a diet cola to drink.

And then I hope if I eat off plan anytime during the rest of the day, it'll at least be a controlled cheat.

My exercise will be all the walking.

Last edited by Mern; 10-07-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats Lizzie!!!!

Thursday #'s
Health & Fitness goals
1) eat clean for 6 days yes, sort of (when most of the day without eating ), yes, no
2) workout like a beast 3 times no, yes, no, no
3) walk 10 miles 0, 0, 2.77, 0
4) gallon of water/day no, yes, yes, no

Non Health & Fitness
5) 3 pledges to help fight breast cancer 0, 0 If you want to help out, so I can make this goal for the week and not look like a slacker, please click on my site!1,1
6) write 3 policies 0, 1, 0, 0

Old 10-07-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! Im new to fitday & I just dicovered this motivational forum & I love it! I know I am a little late for this week but if its okay I would love to join you all on Monday! I'm 25 & Im 5'0 pretty short and I'm at 158lbs (terrible.. I know) I'd like to at least get down to 125lbs. Hope you have a good weekend everyone & hope to be able to be a part of this on monday!
Old 10-07-2011, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BSummers86
Hi! Im new to fitday & I just dicovered this motivational forum & I love it! I know I am a little late for this week but if its okay I would love to join you all on Monday! I'm 25 & Im 5'0 pretty short and I'm at 158lbs (terrible.. I know) I'd like to at least get down to 125lbs. Hope you have a good weekend everyone & hope to be able to be a part of this on monday!
Welcome, and I just joined this group of people too, they're great at welcoming new people to the group. Varied Ages in here, not sure all of them, a few grandmothers, moms, and some DINKS (me included in the dinks soon as my bf starts his job)

This'll give you the weekend to think up some good goals for the next week.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

BSummers86, welcome to our group! We're always glad to have new members. I'm 5 foot nothing, too, but last I weighed I was 206.5, so don't think you're so terrible. LOL What counts is our motivation and where we AIM to be while working really hard toward better health. Have a great weekend--see you Monday!
Old 10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
FitDay Member

It's funny. Giving myself permission to drop out for the rest of the week has relieved some pressure and I'm doing well today. 4 1/2 hours golfing on a beautiful course with fall leaves and a view of the bay helped too. MARY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.