Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3. >

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Community
Notices

7-Day (and I mean all 7 days!!!) Motivational Thread starting 10/3.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Monday report

1. Stay under 1200 M-F: 1025
2. Exercise 4 times: Yes
3. Additional daily squats: Yes
4. 3 Liters of water: Yes
5. Report everyday: Yes
6. Go to sleep before midnight: Yes

Joanna, those days happen , count it as a cheat day and move on. Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Almeeker you sound like you had a productive day. Those zucchinis sound great, even more so if they serve to cause blunt force trauma.

Mike, thanks, I ended up doing 20 per leg. I have a hunch I will feel them more tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
FitDay Member

April Your reno pic’s look great thanks for sharing. I think the drapes look so much better than the blinds.

Lizzie & Mern Thanks for your kind thoughts. We are very blessed we have a fantastic cardiologist and neurologist, we have inexpensive health care and amazing support from family and friends she also has a great outlook about her illness 80% of the time, so we wait patiently for a cure or a miracle.

Mike Glad things are better with your gf. I so dislike it when I am wrong and need to admit it to my hubby. Great score on the pedi that’s cheap!

Main80 Thanks. I am also not sure how many squats to aim for either so I will see how sore I am tomorrow and go from there. I am not doing the hard one legged ones yet, my knees hurt just from the regular ones.

Joanna Sorry to hear your having a bad food day, I’m sure tomorrow will be better.

Amy Thanks for the tips I will go price out dryers tomorrow and move the rosemary inside. I hope your allergies clear up.

Have a great night everyone.

Goals
Do not talk diet with family: M=N failed miserably
Exercise daily: M=treadmill
Squats daily: M=50
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Fri: M= 1344
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -822
Avoid deserts Thanksgiving weekend:
Keep calories below 2000 Sat/Sun:
Old 10-03-2011, 09:00 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, my DH SHOULD have eaten crow last night, but I let it pass because he was in one of those hopelessly stubborn moods and was determined to make an a$$ of himself rather than admit he was wrong. I decided the issue wasn't worth my time, so fed him fish instead.

Main80, thanks for your encouragement. Ooh, girl, congrats on your all green day.

Joanna, many of us had binges over last weekend. Yeah, I didn't feel so good, either, after eating so much. Makes me sluggish. So join us in getting back on track this week. We know you can do it.

Darlene, that was wonderful to read that you have good doctors, inexpensive insurance and good support and that your DD has a good outlook. I can tell your faith is carrying you through--honestly, I don't know how people carry their life crosses without that. I'll bet you see those footprints in the sand...

Mike, you're right about what you said to Joanna--about 20 lbs. ago it would take many more calories to feel that gross. I didn't realize that about myself until you mentioned it.

Amy, thanks for your kind words. I love beer, too--good thing I didn't have any or I'd have washed down my food binge with it. Congrats on your wonderful harvest! Must be so satisfying providing for your family and friends that way. Oh, so sorry your seasonal allergies are flaring up again. Feel better soon! This is the worst year I can remember for that and unfortunately my son and two of my granddaughters also suffer from that as do I.

Monday Report:
Calorie limit 1600 1369
Saturated fat average 12% 10
Cholesterol intake average 300mg 295
Carb less fiber limit 25g 21
Fiber target 30g 32
track protein 130g or 40%
6 servings veggies YES
fish oil and vitamin D YES
artificial sweetener limit 2 packets 2
sugar free candy miniatures limit 2 pieces 2
water 64 oz. YES
exercise 5 days SYES

Last edited by Mern; 10-03-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Wow I run off for the day and two pages of post I can barely keep up >.<

I'm hoping the Surgeon Scared my parents a little this week, they received a stern talking to about their sugar levels. If my dad doesn't control his sugar levels over the next 6-8 weeks the surgery on his hip will be for naught and he'll lose his leg.

Anyone have any good ideas what I can do with my baking apples that will be low sugar, I was going to make a pie using splenda/brown sugar blend instead of normal sugar but now I'm not sure, the pie crust might be too much carbs.

My Goals This Week:
Weight-Wise:
Get back and stay under 200 lbs M=200
Figure out why I'm gaining (not sure how I'm gaining when I haven't reached my max calories) M=increasing fibre and water, looking into digital scales
Survive Thanksgiving M=Looking good so far, I insisted on bringing dessert
Other-Wise:
Finish my Portfolio Website M=13 Pictures to go
Get back on track with Freelance work (fell behind this weekend) M=Brain MeltedTake Measurements of Kitchen M=No
Old 10-04-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. My scale told me this morning that I've gained 4.2 lbs in the last two days (it's an anatomical miracle!) I'm just gonna go ahead and ignore the scale - I don't think it knows what it's talking about Anyway, ready to be back on track!
Old 10-04-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't get a chance to post my days results yesterday as an incredibly busy day spiraled into pure hell by supper. Must have been a day for sparring with family members! lol I had another big list to get through and just when I thought I had accomplished everything, I get a text from my daughter saying that she broke her glasses (needs them for the computer and night driving so it's pretty important). Spent the next two hours trying to cook supper, make calls about the glasses and finish an application. Asked daughter to help me figure out how to submit the final portion of the application electronically in the format that they wanted (HUGE MISTAKE!) When you're tired and frustrated and everything is going wrong, don't ask a teenager for help... EVER! After rolling her eyes at me for not knowing how to do it, she couldn't figure it out either. During this, the cat found a bag of crickets that daughter had bought for Environmental Science, punctured the bag and crickets are now crawling on my laptop that I want to throw out the window. Husband calls to see how my day went (poor innocent fool, calling at exactly the wrong moment) and I chewed his head off. Had to make arrangements for my oldest to come to his apparently computer illiterate mother's aid last night (he does IT for a living). He comes over and can't figure it out either... (Really??)

Although I'm feeling exonerated at not knowing how to do it, my whole family is snapping at each other for one thing or another. Son came directly from work was hungry, ate daughter's sub in fridge... another fight... well, you get the idea.

Ah... a new fresh day. Suppose to be near 80 today! Can't wait. Have some elder care issues to deal with today, but shouldn't be too bad.

1. Keep calories around 1200. Yes

2. Eat clean. Yes

3. Drink 80-90 oz. of water daily. Yes

4. Flax seed oil, Vitamin E, calcium and vitamin daily. Not all of them.

5. Make sure scholarship apps get out this week. Ugh.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, my DH SHOULD have eaten crow last night, but I let it pass because he was in one of those hopelessly stubborn moods and was determined to make an a$$ of himself rather than admit he was wrong. I decided the issue wasn't worth my time, so fed him fish instead.
ROFLOL, I thought my mother was the only wife that got even with seafood! It totally doesn't work on my husband, he grew up on the coast and loves fish, so when I'm mad at him it's vegetarian, preferably squash - and lots of it (leftovers), and oh look we're completely out of brown sugar. Uh, what are the chances of that?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Nailkita
Anyone have any good ideas what I can do with my baking apples that will be low sugar, I was going to make a pie using splenda/brown sugar blend instead of normal sugar but now I'm not sure, the pie crust might be too much carbs.
Applesauce, Brown Betty or stewed apples. I like to make my stewed apples in the crock pot, it's sort of like hot apple pie filling, yummmmm. You could also make the pie crust out of almond meal instead of flour, or use whole wheat flour instead of white. Almond meal can be very expensive if you buy it at the store, but you can toss almonds into a blender and make your own in about 30 seconds. When I make Brown Betty I use a topping with quick oats and brown sugar, that might work with the Splenda brown sugar, although I've never done it that way before.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I totally feel your pain. I've noticed in my own house if I'm having a rough day it rubs off on the kids, and pretty soon we're all snapping at each other, but even knowing that doesn't usually help. Hopefully today will be better for you and yours.

Ugh, we had a rough morning here. At one point DH called to say that he'd forgotten to take the trash out, in the back ground he can hear our oldest and youngest both crying - over completely separate issues. I asked the oldest to run the trash cart to the curb, but guess what? She blew me off. Meanwhile she got up this morning and all of a sudden decided that she had to finish an extra credit assignment (which isn't due until Friday), but she had to have it done RIGHT NOW!!! Screwed up the whole shower routine, was almost late to her safety post, and didn't understand why I might be ticked off at not getting a shower after my workout. Ugh, I love them but man they are trying to kill me.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default Is this site slow now or is it just me?

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Monday report

1. Stay under 1200 M-F: 1025
2. Exercise 4 times: Yes
3. Additional daily squats: Yes
4. 3 Liters of water: Yes
5. Report everyday: Yes
6. Go to sleep before midnight: Yes

Mike, thanks, I ended up doing 20 per leg. I have a hunch I will feel them more tomorrow.
You had a great Monday!!! You should be feeling it for sure!

Originally Posted by dar n
Mike Glad things are better with your gf. I so dislike it when I am wrong and need to admit it to my hubby. Great score on the pedi that’s cheap!

Goals
Do not talk diet with family: M=N failed miserably
Exercise daily: M=treadmill
Squats daily: M=50
Calories less than 1400 Mon thru Fri: M= 1344
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -822
Avoid deserts Thanksgiving weekend:
Keep calories below 2000 Sat/Sun:
It's hard not talking diet to family sometimes. We're still not better but thanks. No offense to the ladies here but I felt like a female b/c I gave her the silent treatment yesterday and this morning. I really have nothing nice to say so I'll keep my mouth shut before I end up telling her to pack their bags and get out.

Originally Posted by Mern

Monday Report:
Calorie limit 1600 1369
Saturated fat average 12% 10
Cholesterol intake average 300mg 295
Carb less fiber limit 25g 21
Fiber target 30g 32
track protein 130g or 40%
6 servings veggies YES
fish oil and vitamin D YES
artificial sweetener limit 2 packets 2
sugar free candy miniatures limit 2 pieces 2
water 64 oz. YES
exercise 5 days SYES
Well she's not getting fish from me. You also had a great day. What a way to bounce back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.