Notices

Ovulation?

Old 10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ovulation?

Hello everyone! I've been fuming mad this week because I've been ovulating and I found out that even though I did not exceed my 1200 kcal limit I have gained a kg.
I started using FitDay quite recently and I guess I never paid attention to this matter before, so I would like to know if any of you ladies experience weight gain during their ovulation days? Is this normal?

-Júlia
Old 10-02-2011, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I've not noticed that specifically. I do retain a little water right before my cycle, that's pretty typical along with the PMS food cravings. Have you eaten something higher in sodium the past day or two? Also it's not unusual for weight to fluctuate for a variety of reasons. Although I suppose if you track it for a few months and it's always the same when you ovulate, you might be on to something.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for answering
Well, I don't think my sodium intake was any higher than usual, but what I do know is that I've lost this extra kg already, I'm at the same weight now that I was before ovulating, which is kind of frustrating, but better than gaining anyway.