Tuesday: 1841
Wednesday: 1157
Don't murder co-workers:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday:
Co-worker 1: Still alive
Co-worker 2: On Vacation, out of reach
Old 09-29-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, wishing you a better day tomorrow. That's really hard when the taboo food comes on your plate without your expecting it. Maybe your numbers will come out better than you thought.

Ruby, congrats on those Wednesday cals. That put your average for Monday-Wednesday very nicely under 1800.

I have to have a lot of willpower tonight. Had chicken thigh for a snack (not bad but 7.4 oz. of it) and then about 4 oz. pork roast tonight which added to my sat fat. It's only 6PM, I'm finished with dinner, and am so hungry. I do have a low carb protein shake with flaxmeal, a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut butter, and one piece of dark chocolate saved up for tonight that will keep me on target if I don't eat anything else. Maybe I'll add a big hunk o' cucumber--hopefully the crunch will make me feel like I'm eating more. Maybe I'll spread the peanut butter on it. I hope that angel on my shoulder has a big mouth tonight to drown out the temptations of the devil on my other shoulder.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:29 AM
FitDay Member

I'm cheering for your angel Mern. I'm out of calories for the day so I hope mine is around as well. Maybe the fall weather has us thinking we should store up for winter. I may need to do a protein shake if things get too bad. Mary
Old 09-29-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all! I'm so happy and excited today, for two reasons, firstly, it's my last day at work! I've got about a week off before I start somewhere new, where I'll be on my feet doing manual labour all day, and I can't wait. Second reason is I weighed in at 98.3 this morning. I'm becoming a slave to the scale, but I just need to remember that when it goes up that it's all about averages. For now I'm just riding the high of it going down every day so far.
  • 5 bottles of water daily (600ml each) - Y Y Y Y
  • Gym - YN N N N
  • Eat Paleo - Y Y Y Y
  • Find out if I should be taking a supplement - NY

We don't get snow in Melbourne, but we do get the cold days, unlike you guys though, it's warming up here. The last few days have been pretty crap weather, storms and rain, but winter is over (or it will be soon, I never keep track of seasons).
Someone posted something like "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes", and I loled. That's Melbourne's motto, four seasons in one day, and I've said that mulitple times this year.
Cheers all, hugs all round.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, LOL on storing up for the winter. I'm cheering for you tonight as well.

Wowgirl, congrats on that new number on the scale. We know you've been working hard for that. Best wishes with your new job, too. Also congrats on your water and continued Paleo eating. So what was the verdict on taking a supplement?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern

Mike, sorry you're so sore. I'll stick with my walking and senior citizen strength training and range of motion exercises. Yep, I finally caught that breakfast update post after our posts crossed. Way to go! Good for you on the blood donation.
Mern, being sore is a good thing. I've been doing the same ole same ole for the past couple months, i've been needing to change it up but was too afraid.

Originally Posted by almeeker
Mike, it sounds like you did very well with your breakfast situation, especially given the other options. I just returned from an unscheduled lunch date with an old friend. We both ordered omelets, I ordered mine with just egg whites, lite on the cheese and a fruit cup instead of toast. When it arrived it had maybe 1-2 egg whites (it was supposed to be 3), there was an insane amount of cheese on it and it had a HUGE heaping side of HASHBROWNS next to it . I was in absolute shock! The menu said NOTHING about hashbrowns, they weren't even on the picture of it, and of course they were piping hot and smelled divine and the waitress was like "do you want me to take them off". Unfortunately the devil on my shoulder grabbed my fork and threatened to stab her if she touched the plate. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm a little over where I was expecting to be at this point in the day, which is a problem because I'm making leg of lamb for dinner.
Thanks. I laughed at the threatening to stab her comment.

Originally Posted by Rubystars
Keep Calories under 1800:
Monday: 1933
Tuesday: 1841
Wednesday: 1157
Don't murder co-workers:
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday:
Co-worker 1: Still alive
Co-worker 2: On Vacation, out of reach
I looks like yesterday made up for the 1st two days. Good job.

Originally Posted by Mern

I have to have a lot of willpower tonight. Had chicken thigh for a snack (not bad but 7.4 oz. of it) and then about 4 oz. pork roast tonight which added to my sat fat. It's only 6PM, I'm finished with dinner, and am so hungry. I do have a low carb protein shake with flaxmeal, a tablespoon of Naturally More Peanut butter, and one piece of dark chocolate saved up for tonight that will keep me on target if I don't eat anything else. Maybe I'll add a big hunk o' cucumber--hopefully the crunch will make me feel like I'm eating more. Maybe I'll spread the peanut butter on it. I hope that angel on my shoulder has a big mouth tonight to drown out the temptations of the devil on my other shoulder.
You can do it!!! Don't let us down! How's that for pressure?
Old 09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
Morning all! I'm so happy and excited today, for two reasons, firstly, it's my last day at work! I've got about a week off before I start somewhere new, where I'll be on my feet doing manual labour all day, and I can't wait. Second reason is I weighed in at 98.3 this morning. I'm becoming a slave to the scale, but I just need to remember that when it goes up that it's all about averages. For now I'm just riding the high of it going down every day so far.
  • 5 bottles of water daily (600ml each) - Y Y Y Y
  • Gym - YN N N N
  • Eat Paleo - Y Y Y Y
  • Find out if I should be taking a supplement - NY

We don't get snow in Melbourne, but we do get the cold days, unlike you guys though, it's warming up here. The last few days have been pretty crap weather, storms and rain, but winter is over (or it will be soon, I never keep track of seasons).
Someone posted something like "if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes", and I loled. That's Melbourne's motto, four seasons in one day, and I've said that mulitple times this year.
Cheers all, hugs all round.
Enjoy your week off and congrats on the season record. Looks like you're enjoying Paleo.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
FitDay Member

Heya Mern, I shouldn't have to take one, if I'm eating enough of the 'right' paleo foods.
I'll see how I feel, paleo people seem to take fish oil, and given that currently I'm not eating much fish I might look into it, but at this stage nothing's required.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Cheers Mike. I still get the Maccas craving, but I just think of the weight loss I've had already, and that's enough to steer me clear. I think I'm gettting over the self-sabotage, which is certainly a step forward for me. I still fear opening the freezer in case housemate has bought frozen pizza, but I think I'd be able to slam the door and step back.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

wowgirl, I tried to post a reply on your blog (b/c I didn't want you to feel like you had no one to talk to ) but couldn't. Do I need to create an account or user ID?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.