Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-28-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hurray for the mini victories
Boss offered to buy my Tim Hortons and I managed to say that difficult two letter word!

Goals:
Under 200: Winning
Lower Sodium: Failing
Old 09-28-2011, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Just back from a walk... 1.8 miles in 32 minutes. I usually only go 1.5 miles but felt like an extra lap today.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Default Trying to catch up, this is it for now.

Originally Posted by dar n
How accurately do you track your activities? I am tracking sleep since I am not burning the same sleeping as the rest of my lifestyle and I am tracking exercise but that is it.
Goals
Say something on the forum every day M=Y, T=Y
Do not talk diet with family M=Y, T=Y
Exercise daily M=Aerobics, T=Treadmill
Calories less than 1500 per day M=1267, T= 1302
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week M= -794, T= -752
I also track sleep, it makes it harder to show a deficient calorie # but it helps with weight loss IMO. Great job on all your goals.

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Didn't do very well with my goals today... ate pretty clean, just way too much. Made a big, harvest-type Fall dinner and it was just too good to pass up.
What? No invite? Did you ever make the rum cake?

Originally Posted by Nailkita

As for how I'm doing:

-Lowering Salt: Fail was over 2000 today for sodium
-Don't Gain(was 199)= Win actually went down to 197.5
Great job on the loss.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Passed up Tim Horton's Donuts tonight. Someone brought them to our meeting.
Okay, 2 people have mentioned Tim Horton's, is that like a national chain? I've never heard of them.

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Oh, I can't stay too long otherwise I will not meet my last goal. I will try to catch up with you all tomorrow, but here goes a two day report:

1. Stay under 1200 cal during weekdays, 1500 during the weekend. 1197, 1088
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 4 times during the week. No, No
4. Go to bed before midnight. Yes, Yes
Go, Go, Go! Looking good so far!

Originally Posted by mtlgirl

1. Calories capped at 1300. M:1274/ T: 1286
2. Average 30% protein for the week. M: 29%/ 32%
3. Keep fat at 25% or lower. M: 24%/ 24%
4. Minimum 2 litres of water per day. YES/ YES
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES
6. Exercise 4X. No!
7. Achieve a 6000 calorie deficit for the week. M: -916/ T: -906
Rose, you're doing great so far, keep it up.

Originally Posted by Mern
Tuesday report:
Calorie limit 1600 1433, 1475
Carb less fiber average 25g per day 24.8, 24.2
Fiber 30g 30, 31
Sat fat average 12% of total carbs per day 12%14% (was 12% until I ate 2 extra pieces of sugar free chocolate)
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 140, 266
Vitamin D and fish oil YES, YES
6 servings veggies 6 5
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 0 4
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 2 4
Water 64 oz. HORRIBLE, DITTO
Exercise 5 times this week DAY OFF NO
AMY, get busy slacker! Oh it's still your turn.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-28-2011 at 08:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
AMY, get busy slacker! Oh it's still your turn.
I'm not completely slacking, I was sick and today I have a sick kid that came home from school, he's totally crashed out on the couch. My turn eh? Little DD has the phone, she's checking on her zoo. I guess I have to wait my turn. Drag.

BTW Tim Horton's is a Canadian thing, sort of like Duncan Doughnuts and Starbucks stirred together.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-28-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
BTW Tim Horton's is a Canadian thing, sort of like Duncan Doughnuts and Starbucks stirred together.
Cheap Fast Coffee... which you mostly get for the cream and sugar... Was sad to see a Medium Double Double was 150 calories... and I usually get a large which is closer to 300.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday check-in

Yay, I had an awesome day! I made it to the spin class this morning. It was amazing as usual. Food was good except that I went over my fat intake, except that I think that might be due to the fact that I had salmon for dinner, which is high in omega fatty acids so I am not too worried about the overage.

1. Calories capped at 1300.M:1274/ T: 1286/ W: 1244
2. Average 30% protein for the week. M: 29%/ T: 32%/ W: 30%
3. Keep fat at 25% or lower. M: 24%/ T: 24%/ W: 30%
4. Minimum 2 litres of water per day. YES/ YES/ YES
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES/ YES
6. Exercise 4X. No!/ YES
7. Achieve a 6000 calorie deficit for the week. M: -916/ T: -906/ W: -1344

Mern! Thank you so much for the valuable information! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I feel so happy that I had baked salmon tonight for dinner. Sorry your devil fed you the extra candy. Next time that devil pops in, you kick her to the curb!

Amy, I'm with you! Thanks for sharing your epiphany. It rings really true. I was having similar thoughts but about the food. I haven't had anything sweet in close to two weeks and yesterday my girlfriend handed me some chocolate from Switzerland. (She was just in Geneva) and it looks damn good. But I can't stop thinking about the high cholesterol reading I got the other night and how important it is to say healthy. So even though chocolate tastes really good, being alive and in good health are even better. I feel stronger now and I too want to live my life in such a way that I can't complain.

April, sounds like you got a lot done! Way to go! Can't wait to see the end result. And way to go on the extra long walk today!

Nailkita, congrats on resisting the Tim Hortons. Good job!

Mike, you don't know Tim Horton's?! It's as Canadian as hockey, snow, beavers, and maple syrup. It's basically our version of Dunkin' Donuts.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-28-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

We have some Tim Horton's here in N Ireland, one quite close to where I live in fact, but it's in a petrol station that I don't use very often - thankfully.
To all of you who are tackling projects yourself or those who are getting outside help in - hope everything goes well.

Rose Swiss chocolate - oh my. Break it into squares, into the freezer then defrost one as an occasional treat (if you can manage just one). Or take it into work and share, or even better, pop it in the post to me lol.

Mern. Hope the party went well, 17 years young, if only....... But I would need to know everything I know now.

I had often thought about what age I would go back to to start over and it's so difficult, obviously my life changed when I got involved with my ex but if I went back to before him then I wouldn't have my sons so after chatting to a psychologist friend I dropped the
what ifs cos as he pointed out just because you might have taken another path it isn't certain that it would have turned out way better so focus on the now. My best friend
always quotes me as having told her once " Never regret the things you do only the things you don't do". Not my quote originally but a good maxim I think.

I am off to England tomorrow evening and they say the weather is going to be great this weekend so BF and I will hopefully get out and about along the canal paths, yes I intend to EXERCISE!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Amy, I'm with you! Thanks for sharing your epiphany. It rings really true. I was having similar thoughts but about the food. I haven't had anything sweet in close to two weeks and yesterday my girlfriend handed me some chocolate from Switzerland. (She was just in Geneva) and it looks damn good. But I can't stop thinking about the high cholesterol reading I got the other night and how important it is to say healthy. So even though chocolate tastes really good, being alive and in good health are even better. I feel stronger now and I too want to live my life in such a way that I can't complain.
I'm glad you can join my epiphany on exercise. Can't say I can join your feeling in terms of SWISS CHOCOLATE!!! OMG I think I just gained 2 lbs and I was only reading about it. With something like that my strategy (as it were) would be to gobble down the whole thing today and start over tomorrow. Yep, that's probably the way that would go. Thank heavens I've eaten light today, I may need a chocolate fix later. My middle name should have been "Weak".
Old 09-28-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie, have an amazing time in England this weekend! You're coming here and I am going to Amsterdam this weekend. I have also heard that the weather here will be gorgeous. Today was a bright, hot summer day!

As for the Swiss chocolate, I'm thinking of giving it away as a present. It does look good though! If you really want it, I'll mail it to you!

I love your quote and will try my best to live by it.

Amy, you are too funny!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all! So yesterday's weight wasn't a fluke, this morning I am 99.35kgs, so happy.
  • 5 bottles of water daily (600ml each) - Y Y Y
  • Gym - YN N
  • Eat Paleo - Y Y Y
  • Find out if I should be taking a supplement - NY

I like your epiphany, Amy, that's a great way to look at it.

I was emailing a friend yesterday, and came up with my new motto: NO MORE FAIL!
Words to live by, I believe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.