Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

How accurately do you track your activities? I am tracking sleep since I am not burning the same sleeping as the rest of my lifestyle and I am tracking exercise but that is it. I chuckled at Almeekers interesting (funny) activities thread but it made me wonder how inaccurate my calories burned may be.
Amy Sorry you’re not feeling well, I hope you are better tomorrow.

I am posting my numbers early today as I have to go out tonight so hopefully I won’t eat anything not already logged, sounds good in theory.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day M=Y, T=Y
Do not talk diet with family M=Y, T=Y
Exercise daily M=Aerobics, T=Treadmill
Calories less than 1500 per day M=1267, T= 1302
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week M= -794, T= -752
Old 09-27-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Didn't do very well with my goals today... ate pretty clean, just way too much. Made a big, harvest-type Fall dinner and it was just too good to pass up.

* Keep calories at 1200 or less. Yes, NO

* Drink 80-90 oz. of water a day. Yes, Yes

* Eat clean! Yes, meh

* Try to slow down the pace of my life... I know some things are out of my hands, but when I have the chance, take a break, make a pot of coffee and vegetate, if only for a while. YES- I did nothing productive whatsoever! It was a very full day, yet remarkably stress-free.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Wooowhoooo I wrote 2 apps today. I made my numbers for my bonus.

My carbs and calories are up (from my goals) but I feel pretty good about my choices.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-27-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
So I have a job interview tomorrow for a full time job. Been doing part time for the last 2.5 years, which has been great staying home two days a week with my daughter. But we want to rent our townhouse out and buy a single family home and the extra money will come in handy for that and to pay a babysitter. Wish me luck guys!!!
Good Luck *sending some of my irish your way*

As for how I'm doing:

-Lowering Salt: Fail was over 2000 today for sodium
-Don't Gain(was 199)= Win actually went down to 197.5

Last edited by Nailkita; 09-27-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added in how my goals were doing.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Passed up Tim Horton's Donuts tonight. Someone brought them to our meeting. Luck I was off wheat this week or I would have given in. I still had calories left so treated myself to an omlett with a side of tomatoes and feta. Tasted great and should last longer than the donut.

Got the brakes on my bike fixed and new tires. Now I can bike down the hills -- as long as I don't forget that they really work and land on my head.

Met with my reno man -- should start next week. I'm afraid he will see way to many things to do. I'll have to keep a tight rein on the budget.

Mary
Old 09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, I can't stay too long otherwise I will not meet my last goal. I will try to catch up with you all tomorrow, but here goes a two day report:

1. Stay under 1200 cal during weekdays, 1500 during the weekend. 1197, 1088
2. Drink 3 liters of water per day. Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 4 times during the week. No, No
4. Go to bed before midnight. Yes, Yes
Old 09-27-2011, 06:19 PM
FitDay Member

Holy moly this forum is active! I've got to make this quick since I didn't make it to the gym yesterday morning! I had a terrible night's sleep and I just could not get out of bed in time. It was tough going yesterday. I was very tired. At least I hit my other goals.

Sorry, if I haven't responded to everyone. Have an awesome Tuesday, Motivators!!!!!

1. Calories capped at 1300. M:1274/ T: 1286
2. Average 30% protein for the week. M: 29%/ 32%
3. Keep fat at 25% or lower. M: 24%/ 24%
4. Minimum 2 litres of water per day. YES/ YES
5. Take my vitamins. YES/ YES
6. Exercise 4X. No!
7. Achieve a 6000 calorie deficit for the week. M: -916/ T: -906

April, thanks so much for the encouragement! I will definitely have my cholesterol rechecked when I am back home. In the meantime I am watching my fat intake! I hope you post some pictures of your amazing DIY skills. I just love that stuff. I bought my first home in 2009 and I went crazy decorating, making throw pillows, transforming old furniture, and picking out paint colours etc. I even wallpapered one wall in my bedroom. I just love the way it looks. I'll post mine if you post yours!

Ann, that's just great that you signed up for a 10k. That is my goal as well. I think I might aim for Spring though. I certainly won't be ready in November, especially since right now I am only running on the treadmill a couple of times a week. Oh and good luck with the job interviews! I'm sure you will do great!

Terri, thanks so much for the encouragement. I do hope the scale is on a downward spiral! Join the club for starting the week out with good intentions and having them derailed. I had the same issue yesterday morning. After a terrible night's sleep, I just could not get up early enough to make it to the gym. It is a bummer when these things happen but you have to think, worst case scenario, you will reach your goal weight one day later. In the grand scheme, that's not the end of the world.

Mern, you are a definite success story when it comes to lowering cholesterol. You did that by eating low carb right? By the way, it really is nice to have you back. I missed you so much around here. You know you are our forum darling so your presence is always in demand.

Amy, hope you didn't catch the crud. You've already got 2 and half hours of exercise done though. I bow down to you!

Mary, congrats on bypassing Timmy's last night! Someone here in England told me I was lucky to live in Canada because we have Tim Horton's. I laughed so loud!!! What a thing to be envious about!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 09-28-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
FitDay Member

Just checking in to say hi and wish everyone a good mid week day - the time to congratulate yourself if you're doing well, pull your pants up if you've slipped and make the rest of the week a good one.
I'm doing ok so far but still not moving enough, no excuses just haven't done it. Worked late last night but came home a threw a large salad together instead of stopping off at the takeaway. On the drive home it was like one of those cartoons with the little devil and angel on my shoulder whispering "yes stop and get a burger meal, it'll be so much easier and it is late after all" " No, you can make it home and get something put together pretty quickly and you will feel so much better tomorrow" Angel won!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:50 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie -- those devils and angels were fighting on my shoulders last night too. Nice when the good guys win.

Good day yesterday. Disappointed the scales is a little slow to reward me. Wed and Friday are my official weight in days. I shouldn't weight inbetween because it's disappointing when you have a nice loss then it disappears before next weight in day. Oh well here's looking to friday.

Have a fit day all. Mary
Old 09-28-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
Hey Almeeker, don't know if it'll help you, but just think about why you're doing what you're doing. The reasons you're losing weight.
I don't know if you've been fit before, but if you have, remember how good it felt? Or if you haven't, imagine it. Imagine youself in the little black dress, or bikini, or playing with the kids, and being able to keep up with them.
Hang in there girl, we're here for you! /hug
Even before I started dieting I worked out maybe 2-3 hours/week, I was fit-fat if you know what I mean. Truthfully I've been in pretty good shape most of my life, the only time I was pathetically and horribly out of shape was between baby #1 and baby #2. At that time we didn't have a gym membership and all I did was sit at a desk job, commute an hour in each direction to work and rock a collicky baby. None of which burns very many calories or builds muscle. I'm in pretty good shape now, although maybe not quite as good as I was at 18, when I weighed a whooping 118 lbs, rode my bike pretty much everywhere, and could toss bales of hay over my head all day long.

Um, I don't own a bikini, but when I reach my goal I do plan on shopping for one. I don't know that I'll buy it, the babies did some damage to the midsection, but I am going to at least check it out the possibility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.