Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Joke: How do you know when it's time to change the oil on your Harley?
Punchline: When it quits leaking.
Touche!!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

So I have a job interview tomorrow for a full time job. Been doing part time for the last 2.5 years, which has been great staying home two days a week with my daughter. But we want to rent our townhouse out and buy a single family home and the extra money will come in handy for that and to pay a babysitter. Wish me luck guys!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It's too good to be true. He claims it's immaculate with only 1,900 miles and he wants $2600. That bike new sells for ~$11,000 and would easilly go for $8k used. It just doesn't add up. He also sent me an eBay link, which ended up being a dead link. Oh yeah, he's wanting to ship the bike to me. All of that screams scam. I told him to email me next week when he gets in with his # and I'll make arrangements to buy it in person (once I feel comfortable that it's legit) and I'll pay them. That way there's no need to ask me to wire transfer money. I was born during the day, but not yesterday. I'm 99% sure it's a scam, but you never know. Oh no matter how closely I look I can't seem to see the VIN plate on the frame.
It's a real shame that it's probably a scam but at least you're smart enough and knowledgeable enough to know that it is a scam. If you still want a bike I hope you can find one you want at a fair price (or find a real too-good-to-be-true-but-is-true deal).
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

A busy forum. Mike I agree it sounds too good to be true. There are a lot of scams out there from buyers and sellers. If you are selling beware of anyone who sends you more money and wants you to return some. Laundered cheques are being used a lot and if the original cheque is from a big company it can take weeks to bounce. They steal cheques that have been mailed, wash them, and write new amounts and payees.

I hope it's a real sale, looks like a nice bike.

Ann Good luck on the job interview. Is it with the same company you have been part time with?

Lunch is done. I may need to increase my fat intake to make up for no wheat. I'm feeling like I'm missing something. Mary

Mary
Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Mike I vote that tortillas are bread. I hope your bike isn’t a scam.

Nailkita Way to go on losing a pound, apple picking sounds fun.

Mern Thanks for commenting on the blessings. I am not the type of person who forces my beliefs on anyone but I really want to make friends and form a real support system here so I want to be honest about my faith it is a big part of who I am.

Ann Good luck at your job interview.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Ann Good luck on the job interview. Is it with the same company you have been part time with?
No its with a different company. But now I just found out I have another interview after that one with another place. Hope something good comes out of these two!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
almeeker,

We used to religiously watch Norm Abrahams on his show "The New Yankee Workshop", but seriously if I had all his toys in my workshop I could be that good too. What I really wanted to do was send him our little bucket of power tools and challenge him to make something impressive with that. Now talk about your reality television program... Sort of like New Yankee Workshop meets Survivor LOL.

OMG! I laughed so hard when I read this! It's SO true! Especially on HGTV. They pull up a fully equipped semi with every tool known to man and an off-camera crew of about 40, and then say, "I told you that you could remodel your entire house in a weekend!"

The landscaping shows are even funnier. They fail to show you the army of men and the 8 Bobcats that actually did all of the work! lol
That's it! I'm going to wrap up my bucket and send it to HGTV and tell them it's for Norm and they can send him to my house this weekend, with a camera crew and only 20 of the behind the scene guys. They can call it something catchy like "Normy on a Shoestring" or "Mr. Frugal McFixit", or "Yankee NO Budget". How about "DIY Deep Discount"? Oooh I like that one. It would be like nothing else on HGTV, this could be HUGE!!!

We have a family joke around here that after a certain age a man looking to exponentially increase his animal magnetism, needs to wear either a tool belt or a plaid flannel shirt. One or the other is good, but both means he's on the prowl. Well I've always thought it was a joke, my mother however, takes it much more seriously. You should see the gifts she buys that husband of mine. She wants him to be Norm, I'm sure of it.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all!
Totally crazy trying to finish up all my loose ends at work. Word of advice to ya'll; If you ever get asked to do Pallet Control in a warehouse, run. Just run, and don't look back.
Three days left until I'm free (of course, a week after that I'm starting somewhere else...).
Here's yesterday's results;
  • 5 bottles of water daily (600ml each) - Y Y
  • Gym - YN
  • Eat Paleo - Y Y
  • Find out if I should be taking a supplement - NY

I'd love to reply to you all, but don't have time to sort all your posts, sorry.
Except Ann, good luck with the interviews!!
And Mike, I agree, it's bread, and hope the bike isn't a scam and you get it.

Cheers all.

Edit; Oh, someone asked how tall I am, I'm about average... I'm not totally sure, maybe 6f 1i? Is that normal? :P And I'm talking in kgs, sorry, I should have said that.

HAPPY DANCE TIME - This morning I weighed in at 99.65kgs... that's the first time I've been under 100 since whenever it was in my teens that I went over. Three years ago I was 120kgs, now I'm under 100. Try getting the smile off my face today.

Last edited by wowgirl88; 09-27-2011 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Stupid wowgirl forgot things.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Healthy Goals:

1. Calories at 1,400 or less 4 days, 1,500 (or less) 3 days. 1,500, 1,885
2. Exercise 7 hours. 75 min, 75 min (total 2:30)
3. 100 oz of water. Y,Y
4. Calorie deficit of 4,000. -1,208, -788 (total -1,996)
5. Protein at 25% or higher. 24%, 16%
6. Log intake and report here, every day no matter how ugly. Y,Y

Other Stuff:

1. Get oil changed in car. N, DONE
2. Clean car. N,N
3. Big fat load to Goodwill. N,N
4. 30 min housework + 1 load laundry + 1 drawer, cupboard or closet. YYY, NNN
5. Make appointments for orthodontist and wizards. N,N
6. Call Grans. N,N
7. Work on Halloween costumes. N,N

Sorry I don't have the energy to chat it up tonight. I think I've caught the crud that's going around this thread. How that's possible I don't know, but this isn't the first time it's happened. Anyway, I have to go lay down now, hopefully tomorrow I will feel human and have the will to live.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-28-2011 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Got up in the middle of the night with hunger pangs, and made a snack, slept like a baby after that.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Almeeker, don't know if it'll help you, but just think about why you're doing what you're doing. The reasons you're losing weight.
I don't know if you've been fit before, but if you have, remember how good it felt? Or if you haven't, imagine it. Imagine youself in the little black dress, or bikini, or playing with the kids, and being able to keep up with them.
Hang in there girl, we're here for you! /hug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.