Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 9/26

Old 09-27-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I consider it a bread because it uses flour as a base ingredient.
Can cookies be a bread too?!

Though, tortillas are basically just a thinner flat bread so I would through them in the bread category personally as well.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Super Moderator

This will be a little off topic, but I know we talk about everything here. I don't know if I'm going through a midlife crisis or what but I've been having this strange urge to buy something big. Part of me what's a newer, nice house. Another part wants a toy, maybe a bike or a car.

Well I found this the other day.

It has scam written all over it b/c it's too good to be true. The guy is supposed to be back in town next week, he claims to be working on an oil platform. I'll make arrangements to go to Miami to check it out in person. If it's legit I'll buy it while there and haul it back. I figure if I get it and my back is still giving me fits, I'll just sell it and make a profit. I should know something by then. Wish me luck.

ZoeDuc, hey, I'm a Suzuki man, can you blame me?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
I consider it a bread because it uses flour as a base ingredient.
fair enough.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

You need to get a Harley Mike....a real bike instead of a crotch rocket!!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
You need to get a Harley Mike....a real bike instead of a crotch rocket!!
Joke: How do you know when it's time to change the oil on your Harley?
Punchline: When it quits leaking.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mern: It's so wonderful to see you back! I do like seeing all the green, but when it's a lot of red I feel chagrined. I think I'm not juggling half as many numbers as you are, though, so what does that say about me? lol. I'm looking forward to short-list time as well, when I can just figure out my simple core rules and stick with them, but right now I know that I have to do what's right for me and not judge myself too harshly against others. Great news about your DH!!! I really am a believer in being on as few meds as possible - only those you REALLY need. I bet he feels better too, not being on the pill!

Joanna: Good luck on your exams!

Mary: Great to see you feeling so motivated, and congrats on getting rid of those stubborn vacation pounds!

almeeker: Part of me is wishing you could have gotten in on the Just Dance party to shake some of that pizza off! Lol! It sounds like a great time was had by all. Birthdays are special, don't beat yourself up too much. You sound like you've been through it all on the DIY-front, and I hear you on the big boobs I've gone down to a C-cup since I've lost weight, but they're still...noticeable, and I'd love to have a conversation once in awhile that didn't involve a "glance-down" by a member of the opposite sex. The potty training issue sounds like a nightmare - not looking forward to the process when I have children!

April: WOW! Look at you go working on that bathroom, nice job! It sounds like you really got to it, I'm jealous of your home makeover skills!

Nailkita: Welcome. Hey, we all start with a few simple goals, those look great!!

quinn: I too love it when men (or even other women) make assumptions about me based on my appearence, and then you can bowl them over with knowledge and experience! Makes my day. My BF likes doing it too - he looks like a punk kid with a mohawk a lot of the time, and then if you would only speak to him, you'd find he's polite, articulate, funny and kind. Defying expectations makes some days alllll worth it.

Rose: Glad to hear your checkup was MOSTLY FANTASTIC and you're down another pound! That scale is movin' now!

wowgirl:
Welcome back, nice to see you!

Main80: Welcome back!

Mike: I was getting all dolled up! I also had a long night with a cranky BF - he was determined to be mad at the world and so I had to spend a lot of energy just getting him even-keeled (A big dinner helped). I went to bed late and woke up a little late this morning. The bike looks nice, why do you think it's a scam?

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals:

1) Average 1,200-1,400 calories for the week. No single day over 1,600 cals. M: 1,087 (Week Average 1,087)
2) Exercise 4x this week M: Unplanned day off
3) At least 80 oz. of water daily M: no (48?)
4) Take my multivitamin! M: forgot!
5) 30% protein for the week (average) M: 30% (Week Average: 30%)
6) Calorie deficit between 5,000-7,000 M: -757 (Week Total: -757)
7) At least three servings of fruits/vegetables a day M: no
8) Report in every day, including weekends M: yes
9) Weigh in only on Wednesday M: Didn't weigh

Other Goals:

1) Make an effort on my appearance every day M: yes
2) Clean out the car, it's disgusting M: no
3) Take time out for myself every day M: no
4) Really work on the backed-up reading for grant M: Read grant, made initial notations

BF was super-cranky-pants last night, and when he's like that, three things happen: 1) He needs food, stat. 2) He wants me within 5 feet of him at all times telling him over and over how much life sucks and offering advice and 3) He needs a distraction once he's calmed down. Usually BF is very even-keeled, but he had a bunch of little things that added up for him yesterday to piss him off. Not to get into his personal business, but growing up, his problems were largely ignored by his family - so it takes a lot of placating and talking to get him out of his funks, and he needs a lot of attention (otherwise he shuts down and goes into brick-wall-mode, and that's ten times worse and stresses me out). A lot of times I feel like I'm making up for what he didn't get as a child - but that's ok. I've been trying to let him know that I always feel his feelings are valid, but it takes a lot of effort, still. It may always be something that's a "work-in-progress" but that's alright. I made him a big dinner with tilapia, a cilantro-lime recipe that I've developed that's pretty yummy, and I also baked him a potato. I had some fish and rice as well, though I skipped the potato (too much starch). We then watched a long movie (The King's Speech) that calmed him down a lot, but put my bedtime at around 12:30.

So I had to scramble out of bed this morning. I ALMOST skipped my hair-and-makeup routine but I still did it, though it made me late for work this morning. Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday this week are going to be COMPLETE NUTS in terms of work, so that makes it very, very important that I work out on T/Th/Sat. I was going to work out last night as well, however, I got home late from work and my sister wanted a Skype date. I put family over my workout yesterday - what I'm hoping is that I can get in a workout on Sunday, maybe in the morning. We'll see. I hate starting off the week with good intentions and having them derailed.

Happy Tuesday all!

~Terri
Old 09-27-2011, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by taubele
The bike looks nice, why do you think it's a scam?
It's too good to be true. He claims it's immaculate with only 1,900 miles and he wants $2600. That bike new sells for ~$11,000 and would easilly go for $8k used. It just doesn't add up. He also sent me an eBay link, which ended up being a dead link. Oh yeah, he's wanting to ship the bike to me. All of that screams scam. I told him to email me next week when he gets in with his # and I'll make arrangements to buy it in person (once I feel comfortable that it's legit) and I'll pay them. That way there's no need to ask me to wire transfer money. I was born during the day, but not yesterday. I'm 99% sure it's a scam, but you never know. Oh no matter how closely I look I can't seem to see the VIN plate on the frame.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-27-2011 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

First my Monday report then I'll try to catch up with the rest of the group later.

Good restart except that I totally forgot about water

Calorie limit 1600 1433
Carb less fiber average 25g per day 24.8
Fiber 30g 30
Sat fat average 12% of total carbs per day 12%
Dietary cholesterol average 300mg per day 140
Vitamin D and fish oil YES
6 servings veggies 6
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniatures per day 2
Water 64 oz. HORRIBLE
Exercise 5 times this week DAY OFF
Old 09-27-2011, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Main80! Hey, welcome back, girl! Don't worry 'bout trying to catch up with the posts--it's overwhelming to do that just after a couple days. I just came back myself after having been absent for a few weeks off the wagon. Wow, best wishes on your calorie goal. I'm not self-disciplined enough for that, but I know you can do it.

Rose! Congrats on the great health assessment and on being down yet another pound! It certainly is understandable that your move to England and changing cuisine could be responsible for the elevated cholesterol. Hey, I'm succeeding at lowering mine through diet and I just know you can do it, too. Thanks for your kind words about DH lowering his BP through diet. I don't know that I was a good influence--just that I was able to provide an alternative for him to try. But hey, it worked, so that's all that matters.

Lizzie, I'll bet that 3.5 lb. increase during your holidays will go away quickly. I haven't even bothered to look at the scale to see what damage I did while being off the wagon and not caring at all what I ate. I just don't want to know right now. I might not weigh for a few weeks and just be as good as possible.

Wowgirl, the prodigal. No, no one ever gives ME any "inheritance" when I leave, either. But Mike gave me a kick in the butt when I came back. LOL Wow! 101.75! How tall are you? Oh, I so admire you for doing Paleo. I tried that once and didn't have enough self discipline.

Ann, congrats on being back on track after the poker tournament. Congrats on that four mile run last night!

Ruby, I got a good chuckle out of your goal of not murding your co-workers. LOL

Mike, thanks for your encouragement and for the kick "where the sun don't shine." That was great food for thought: "We all fall of the wagon, but don't let it run you over!!!!!!! " Yeah, I count my tortillas as bread. I'm lucky I found some 5g net carb ones that I love. Congrats on avoiding that PB&J when you wanted to avoid it. I know there are times you can work it in "legally" to your goals. When I workout, even just walking two miles (probably because of my obesity) I break into a sweat and my hair gets sopping wet around my temples and in the back, so I always have to shower and wash my hair right after exercise. Is that why you shave your arms--sweat? It's no big deal--I'm just curious. I'm brunette still at 65 and it's my natural color, not dyed--and yeah, I'm bragging. LOL. But I also have blond curly peach fuzz on the sides of my face below my cheek bones and some on my neck. My doc told me she could prescribe some medicine to get rid of it, but I just told her I'm used to it and it doesn't embarrass me. Then SHE seemed rather embarrassed for having brought it up. LOL

Mary, congrats on having lost your regained pounds! That's great!

Darlene! Congrats on your 2 lbs. lost! Thanks for the blessings. I really like that.

Amy, the slumber party and dancing sounded great. Congrats on getting back on the buggy! Good luck with the potty training--so glad I don't have to do that anymore. Wow, you're doing great on your healthy goals this week!

April, I agree it's wonderful what a healthier diet can do for one's body. I believe that all that work on the bathroom had to give you an allowance for extra food you usually can't eat. Congrats on that. I often count extra heavy duty housework as my exercise.

Quinn, that's wonderful that you were able to enjoy a totally lazy day except for cooking dinner early. We all need that on occasion and the Good Lord knows you certainly earned it!

Nailkita, congrats on that pound lost. Don't let the goals of others scare you. We don't compete with each other--we all just set the goals we need as individuals. My doc told me on my last visit that we don't need to be perfect--we just need to do better than we used to. Some people simply don't need to be so strict in order to succeed. I have a slow metabolism, lose slowly, and manage certain health issues through diet and no meds--that's why my list is long. I like your simple goals. In reducing your sodium, don't forget to watch your processed food intake--lot of salt in there. You may already know how to get off all the excess sodium, but here's something that was very new to me: one of our members (Kumochi) mentioned once that sodium nitrite/sodium nitrate can stall weight loss and that is found in a lot of the luncheon meats I was eating. When I got off that, I broke my plateau and now make sure to avoid that food additive as much as possible.

Last edited by Mern; 09-27-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Ruby, I got a good chuckle out of your goal of not murding your co-workers. LOL
I'm glad . I mean I wouldn't actually do it, but this is one way to deal with the anger in a healthy way (for them and me) and calm down somewhat.

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Don't murder co-workers:

Now that's a very good goal! And one I'm sure a lot of us could apply. Mine would more likely be the crown attorney.
Well it helps to write it down.

Originally Posted by Nailkita
Lol Ruby, was that a hint co-worker 2 wouldn't be alive if they were there yesterday
Well she's the less annoying of the two but she annoys me for going along with the first one.

Last edited by Rubystars; 09-27-2011 at 05:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.