Community
Notices

7 day motivational for Sept 19th

Old 09-19-2011, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
Amy - I took Advil for it on both Saturday and Sunday - I skipped it today as I felt I could get through without it. Hopefully the scale is kinder on Friday as you say. My taco salad for lunch is cheering me up a little bit.

By the way - I am completely jealous of your canning and storing amazingness. It sounds tiring but awesome at the same time, and really rewarding too!
Taco salad usually cheers me up too. LOVE IT!!! Don't be too jealous of my canning and storing, right now the entire kitchen floor is sticky. No make that "every horizontal surface", the counters are sticky too. It is tiring, but once it's done I enjoy a lot of fast meal fixing and I can limit my shopping to once every other week if I'm careful and plan well.

A friend of mine once complained that she went to learn how to make and can apple sauce at another friends' house, it took the whole day and when they were done they had 6 pints of no sugar added apple sauce to share. Her kids weren't used to the sugarless variety and wouldn't touch it with a stick, so she vowed to never can anything again. WTF? That's not how I make apple sauce, given the entire day, I would have filled the back of her SUV, with 6-8 different recipes and a box full of apple butter to boot. But then again I don't mess around in the kitchen, I have some serious horse power and an assortment of excellent equipment. Generally speaking if something can be done by hand or by machine, I own the Kitchen Aid attachment for that. And what the KA can't tackle the food processor can. Grans was a professional chef, so it's just the way I learned to cook.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-19-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hello all Back home and very happy to say that I had a fabulous time and only put on 1/2 lb. Just ges to show what a lot of walking can do.

Mern - Saw that you had been unwell, hope you have bounced back to your chirpy self.

Terri - Really sorry to hear that you are having back problems, sounds pretty dire, get well soon

Amy- Those peaches sound divine and I am very impressed with your knowledge and use of kitchen gadgets. I too have many of these but they sit and gather dust - lol

Hi to everyone else, I have to rush off to a meeting so will list my goals later and hopefully catch up with all the posts.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1. 2000 Calories deficient (week)
2. 500 pushups
3. workout 3 times
4. walk 10 miles
5. Daily
Floss:
Fish Oil:
Multi Vitamin:
6. PCC

Non Health & Fitness
7. Write 4 policies
8. 3 random acts of kindness
Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Here you go Mike....guns in the making today since I just lifted at lunch only. For some reason the scale at the gym said 148.5 after I worked out, even though when I woke up it said 155 at home. So not sure why there is such a change. I'll have to weight myself at home first thing tomorrow morning and see if there is any movement

Mern - Glad you are feeling better. Your family should have helped you out but I get the same treatment at home. Payback is a bitch!
Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
So behind in my housework. No one cared enough about what the house looked like to pitch in and do anything while I was wallowing in self-pity over my sinus allergy misery most of last week. I'm seriously thinking about rebelling by declaring everyone can get their own dinner tonight while I catch up on housework. Oh, payback is so sweet sometimes.
That's not rebelling! I say we go back to the idea of exlax brownies. Fix them a big pan, then leave. Oh don't forget to take all of the toilet paper with you.

Ann, nice pic. Maybe with those guns you could protect Cutler.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Maybe with those guns you could protect Cutler.
I will try my best. Since we are playing Green Bay next week, they will need all the help we can get!
Old 09-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Better late than never! Mary, thanks for starting us off. I'm not planning to breach my contract, but then again, I never really PLAN to; it just happens!

Mern, I'm glad you're back and feeling better. You are right about paybacks. Let us know how it works out.

Joanna, glad to see you back as well. How's school going?

Hope, it's nice to see you again. But, you were in Georgia and you didn't call? Bummer! What part were you in?

Lizzie, I am in awe that you only gained a half pound. Better woman than I, you are! Huge props and welcome back.

Terri, I hope your day gets better. Take care of yourself and don't fret about the scale. Think about it...you can be "artificially" heavier (water retention, inflammation, etc.), but you can't show up lighter on the scale than you actually are. I agree with those who feel you'll see a better number Friday.

Gotta get these goals down and run out again...sorry to those whose posts I didn't have a chance to respond to.

1. Average at least 250-300 calorie deficit daily.
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. 64 oz. water.
4. Sleep 7 hours a night.
4a. No caffeine after 2:00.
4b. Turn off all electronics at least 30 min. before bed to decompress.
5. Follow my pie chart rules.
6. Shoulder rehab exercises every day.
7. Take vitamins, fish oil, calcium daily.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-19-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:16 AM
FitDay Member

Mary I’m in
Almeeker (is it Amy?) Thank you for the recipe! I have never canned before I will buy stuff and aim for Thursday I will let you know how it goes or I’ll be sending panic messages for help. Thanks for the restaurant tips this is a big area of struggle for me and I can’t keep telling my friends not tonight or I’ll be hermit in no time.
A blast sounds like a dairy queen blizzard high in calories but amazing on the taste buds I would have to go with smartie myself.
Mmm waffles with maple syrup and bananas. I need to go get an orange you guys are making me hungry.
Terri sorry to hear about your back. I really hope your day gets better.
Wildbeanerz Congrats on the new pants it’s always great to fit into something that makes you feel great. Remodeling your bathroom is hard work it I think it counts as bonus exercise.
Have a great day everyone.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day. M=Y
Exercise daily. M=Taebo
Calories less than 1500 per day. M=
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week. M=
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hah! I should have guessed my pals here would approve of my payback to my family for not lifting a finger to help around the house last week when I wasn't feeling well. I got such a giggle out of Mike's idea of making my family the big pan of Ex-Lax brownies and then leaving home and taking all the tp with me.

BUT without my saying anything, DH did three loads of laundry today (I absolutely HATE doing laundry) and helped clean up the kitchen. So I made an easy dinner of Italian turkey sausage, mashed cauliflower and broccoli with cheese and sliced fresh tomatoes. But I can't claim it as an act of kindness-- I cook the entire packages of sausage and of frozen veggies at once anyway, so it was no more work than if I'd cooked for just myself and refrigerated the leftovers.

I'll be a little over in carbs today but everything else will be on track.

I'm rooting for everyone today--just don't have a lot of time to post.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene, another thing I do is to check to see if the nutritional info for the restaurant is posted online. Then I can scope it out and plan before I go what I'll order, and also make adjustments for the rest of the day's food if necessary. Also, if I know it's going to be higher calorie, I try to make it up over a few days, rather than all the next day.

yunalee, you sound like you've found one of my pitfalls...great during the day, then eat too much once you get home. Trial and error taught me that in my case it was likely that I was getting too hungry. If you can plan to eat more during the day, your nights might get a little lighter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.