Community
Notices

7 day motivational for Sept 19th

Old 09-25-2011, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Quinn they pulled of the win. Hope you enjoyed that expensive shower. I thought about making oatmeal with hazelnut or almond milk.
That was an incredible 4th quarter for the Saints! I was getting whiplash switching back and forth between the NO game and the Detroit/Vikings game, which ended up in OT!

On a negative note, my football picks for this week were horrible! I think I'm dropping from second place to 8th!
Old 09-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
That was an incredible 4th quarter for the Saints! I was getting whiplash switching back and forth between the NO game and the Detroit/Vikings game, which ended up in OT!

On a negative note, my football picks for this week were horrible! I think I'm dropping from second place to 8th!
yeah, they were looking pretty weak in the 1st half. Tate was running all over our defense. They got their act together and pulled it off. Man the Saints have been putting up some hefty points lately.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Quinn. Gooooo Packers. 7-0. Result!!

Rose - I stand in awe of you, keeping up your exercise regime in a strange place is fantastic, can you please send me a little, just a smidgeon of your motivation and energy.

I will not discuss the disaster which has been this weekend, I cannot justify my slovenliness in the face of all of you who manage to do so much more than me. I remember those days when I was juggling so many things at once and had little spare time for myself and how I wished that I could spend time looking after my health and pursuing creative hobbies and now that I have the time - well let's just say that a lot of it is spent not doing much.
I did go shopping and I have stocked up on fruit, veg, chicken and fish. I did buy a pudding for after dinner and it came in a pack of two so the other one is being dropped off at my mum's house tomorrow morning.
Congrats fellow cheesehead! lol Oh, and don't worry about what to do with that extra pudding... it will travel quite nicely right to my door!

You have most definitely earned the right to weekends of relaxation! I'll be there too in not too long. I think once my youngest is off to college, things will slow down a bit. But until then, I'm just happy to be able to do what I can. I sometimes wonder what it will be like in a few years when the heaviest of my obligations come to an end. I've never been good at remaining still for long, so I'm sure I'll just replace one thing with another. Hopefully, the replacement activities that I choose will be less stressful! lol
Old 09-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Default ahead of schedule

Okay, ladies, today sucked (food wise) for me BIG time. I boiled some peanuts in crab boil, for 8 hours and pigged out. Went to my friends house for the game, I had way too much food and took in waaaaayyyyy too much sodium. I know this week I probably gained 5 pounds, no joke. It's okay though.

I was thinking about my goals and I think that I try to be too strict and it backfires. I'm an extremest and I need to find a happy medium. Once I eat something bad, it's like I give up and go all out on a cheat. The bad thing is that I feel like I need to be strict to keep me on the straight and narrow, but that's not working. I think instead of strict goals, I need specific goals.

Another issue is getting up at all hours of the night and eating. I've also been eating way too many PB&J sammiches (probably 2-3 a day)

I also need to shave more often. I've been slacking on that as well. I just get tired of shaving. I know y'all are probably thinking "Cry me a river dude, try being a woman." But really, try keeping a fresh shave on your HEAD. That's the ultimate PITA. Not only that by I have to shave my face and arms. Every now and then I even shave my chest and stomach. I hate hair but now I hate to shave.

I know I'm ahead of schedule but I was thinking about goals and I wanted to have time to list some good, specific goals. If I do it in the morning I'll be rushed, so I'm going to do it know and just copy and paste them in the morning when someone starts the new thread.
I'll have 1 cheat day so my food goals are for 6 days.
Health & Fitness
1) Eat clean for 6 days
2) Reduce bread intake (1 serving for 3 days, 3 days with none)
3) Avg of 400 cal/day deficient
4) 4 servings of fruit/veggies
5) Net Carbs under 80g/day
6) Plan ahead (log a good bit of food for the next day)
7) No eating between midnight & 8am
8) Workout 3 times. Get back on my weight training program (Huge In A Hurry)
9) Walk 3 times
10) Daily:
Multi Vitamin
Fish Oil
Glucosamine
Arginine
Floss

Other
1) Shave (3x)
Head
Face
Arms
2) Give blood, if allowed
3) Tell a total stranger something nice (2x)
4) Two random acts of kindness
5) One P&C policy (need one to hit my bonus)
Old 09-25-2011, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Mike I have never had almond milk do you drink it or just use it for cereal and coffee? Glad to hear your feeling more focused. I also need to work on happy medium my family is already rolling their eyes at me as I seem to be diet talk obsessed and very strict with my plan. I need to keep my thoughts to myself also no one else cares how many calories are in their food, my hubby asked me to leave the room so I wouldn’t judge the amount of butter he was using on his popcorn.

Rose enjoy your trip take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way to see as much as possible. How cool that you have made new friends and are going to the gym in a different country.

Mary golf sounds great my hubby went out yesterday morning but I bailed it looked overcast I should of went the clouds held out but no rain fell.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Goals
Say something on the forum every day. M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y,S=Y
Exercise daily. M=Taebo, T=treadmill, W=treadmill, T=step aerobics, F=treadmill, S=walk, S=weight training
Calories less than 1500 per day. M= 1278, T=1040, W=1343, T=1304, F=1347, S=1278 S= 1246
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week. M=-857, T=-1246, W= -817, T=-1045, F= -828, S=-759 S= -892 =(6444)
Old 09-26-2011, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Made my goals for the week. Y times 3, more hours of exercise than I planned for, and lots of water. rewarded with the scales heading down. Mary
Old 09-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Contests Mary