Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 09-14-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back. I wouldn't say that I fell of the wagon but I did take a long break away from it. The hubby and I both have agreed that these past couple of months when we haven't been exercising or watching what we eat we haven't felt very good. We are a month away from the 1/2 marathon we are participating in and we have to step up our game.

Good luck everyone.
Old 09-17-2010, 01:23 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hello, I am not new to fitday but have used it in spurts. I lost 90 pounds but have regained almost 40. I am totally disgusted with myself. I graze in the wee hours of the morning as I am a total insomniac. I am trying a new medication that I hope will aleviate that problem and if I am sleeping I won't be eating. I did good today so hopefully I will not graze tonight. I have joined a fitness center and am working with a trainer a couple times a week. I work out on my own a couple of additional days. I have not lost weight but I am a lot stronger. I am 62 years old and I am seeking accountability and hope this group will help me stay on track. I live in Texas and we are still sweltering. Hope to get outside and walk more if the temps ever get out of the mid 90's. Now I have put it in writing so I am commited.
Thanks
Linda
Old 09-18-2010, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Good luck to you. You can do it, and you are doing it.
Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have been deligent about tracking my foods since I recommitted 3 days ago and I have lost 2 pounds. I must make time to do this everyday. When I don't record I don't eat right. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:19 AM
FitDay Member

I'm new here. I have 65+ pounds to lose. I decided not to have a cup of hot cocoa last night and read these posts instead as motivation instead.

I was excited to see this morning when I got on the scale that my weight had come down two pounds since last week! I know 228.5 is nothing to shout about for most people but to me, it was a sign that my food tracking over the last week has paid off!
I just had to tell someone!
thanks for this great forum....
Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I can relate. If I don't track I mindlessly eat. If I track I am more careful. It takes a lot of time because I custom create most of my foods from the labels. At least that way I know the counts are correct. I too am down a few pounds since I started tracking again. best of luck to you.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Red face new here

I also would like to lose 65lbs..i just started yesterday but i got the motivation all i know is to eat healthy try some exercises..i dont have the money for all the fancy equipment my main goal to lose the belly fat from a baby..who is now 7 so not an excuse nomore plz help congrats to you for the lose..hope to be there soon
Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Done it before... will do it again...

It's not that it's a yo-yo diet... About 15 years ago I lost 40 lbs in 4 months by eating less and exercising more. I was working overnights and walked a lot. I also followed a not to strenuous exercise tape. Yeah... it was a Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies... it was nice to exercise with "normal" looking people. Just need a weight loss buddy now!
J
Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. New to fitday. I'm trying to lose 50lbs. I just signed up today here and am hoping this will help me find the motivation to keep up with it. I just turned 32 this past August and currently weigh 181lbs. This is the most I've ever weighed, not being pregnant : ) I decided to give up soda, which so far has gone ok. Even though I REALLY love fountain pepsi. Oh well, one in a while as treat is what I think, but if that doesn't work out I'll just have to give it up all the way. I'm trying to cut down on portion sizes and absolutely no seconds of anything. Candy and sweets have been cut to almost nothing. Once in a while I think is ok. Anyone got any ideas to help me along? My oldest son is 6 and the new one is 6 months old. I lost all the weight that I gained with my second son, (30lbs) but am still hanging onto the 50lbs I gained with my first son and he's now 6!! Thanks for any ideas on how to help me on this journey!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi I am new to this thread. this is my second time joining fitday and tracking my food. This time I hope to stick with the program and eat 1,500-1700 calories a day. I have about 60 pounds to lose. My weight is at an all time high of 214. Yikes. Reading the post hear is motivational because I know I am not alone in trying to get the weight down.