Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

RainDropsFalling - thanks. it took me a long time to get my hubby on board but once he saw i was serious about changing our lifestyle it was great. i have also changed our diet which has benefited his overall health. like i've said before he is thin but had high cholesterol. since we began our journey his cholesterol is now normal and he has more energy. life is pretty good now. he keeps me motivated and i keep him on check.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:58 PM
FitDay Member

Quickie update, I finished 10 days of level 1 of Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred and there is already a slight difference in my body (belly no longer sticks out further than the boobage, stomach looks a little trimmer). Perhaps after the full 30-day cycle I'll have the cojones to post up the before and after pictures.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

hey everyone I'm fairly new on the forums but I'm really excited about my progress so far and I wanted to post my goal on here. I'm a 26 yr old female, I'm 5"4" and when I started my weight loss journey I weighed in at a whopping 213 pounds. I'm now down to 181 making my total weight loss so far is 32 pounds. I would like to get down to 125 pounds and that means I need to lose 56 more pounds but I'm really determined and I know I can do it...
Old 06-18-2010, 07:05 PM
FitDay Member

Samisweetpea, welcome. That's really great progress. Good progress to you, too, hawaiiadobo. It's good to hear that we can have visible signs of all our efforts as well as seeing the, often all too slow, downward numbers on the scale. I definitely have a long way to go before my muffin top—or should I say whole-loaf-of-bread-top?— starts disappearing. My big downfall is what I call distracted eating. Today instead of mindlessly eating, I went for a pedicure. One day at a time, so they say.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hawaiidobo, I am also doing the 30 Day Shred and I've completed about 10 days, and I notice a difference too! Especially in the stomach area but I see a difference in my arms as well. Could it be?

I don't even do it every day, because I am doing the Couch to 5k program 3 times per week and so I do the shred 3 times per week as well and I've still noticed a difference. It is a great workout!

I have had a really hard time taking the weight off since I started this on May 26th. I usually have a 3-4 pound loss on the first week of a big lifestyle change such as this but this time around I only lost 1 pound the first week! Now I'm up to 3.6 pounds in 4 weeks! I am trying so hard not to get discouraged and just moving forward with the exercise and the healthy eating. I have been such a yo-you dieter most of my life, gained and lost up to 50 pounds many many times over. I really want this to be the last time!! I have 49 pounds left to lose to be a healthy size 6. I am very motivated right now and I find your group inspiring! So many of you are successful. Way to go, Group!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

reywas - i hear you on the loaf of bread top, i definitely got one. Re: the mindless eating, can you just replace your snacks with cut veggies? I usually cut up a bunch of them at the beginning of the week so that when I get a hankering for a snack, I already have them there waiting for me. No excuses that opening a chip bag would be easier.

mtlgirl - I was thinking about doing the couch to 5K too. I just hate running but know I need to get in more cardio. Also, I want to take off a few more pounds so that I'm not killing my knees and ankles with my weight.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

hawaiidobo, I HIGHLY recommend the Couch To 5k program. You start very small and gradually build. I have never felt any knee pain and I am carrying 49 extra pounds. I never would have believed that I could ever enjoy running but 3 years ago I signed up for a power walking group and totally enjoyed it. Maybe start with power walking? I joined a club so I was walking with a trainer and a small group of people. We all bonded and I still power walk with them every Sunday morning, just to stay in touch. We do anywhere from 8 to 12k. I think the power walking really helped me make the natural transition to running and now I have to say, I can't get enough of that legendary "runner's high." It is the best feeling in the world!

By the way congratulations on that amazing 4.5 pound weight loss in one week!!!! I am so jealous! I have been at it for 3 weeks and haven't even lost that much. I have no idea what's going on with my body but I am not giving up. Something's got to give soon!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo! Another 1.5 pounds lost this week. I went to my parents' place this weekend and my mom and grandma noticed a difference from the last time I saw them (3 weeks ago). Relish the small victories.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Way to go, hawaiiadobo!! Awesome job... don't you just LOVE it when people notice the weight loss? It just feels like all the hard work is paying off.

I am really excited! I was having such a slow start when it came to the weight loss this time around. My first week I only lost 1 pound which is very unusual. I normally have a big loss the first week. Now I am on week 4 and I lost 3 pounds!!! I took the advice of several members here on Fitday and I added a lot more protein to my daily intake. This past week I ate between 30-35% protein and what a difference it made on the scale! Greek yogurt is my best friend! Woohoo!
Old 06-22-2010, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

AWESOME JOB to everyone above me losing the lbs! Keep it up!

For me its been one week since I started and I've only lost one pound.. It is a little depressing to see such little change, but I will definitely press on. I went running tonight after the storms passed and I really enjoyed it! I can just about run a full mile without having to stop and walk and its really exciting to not be basically dying when I run.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.