Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 06-14-2010, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hey!!! I have 56 lbs. to lose. I actually started out at 273 a few years ago and got down to 197 and then hit the dreaded plateau. The scale didn't budge for what seemed like forever and so instead of rejoicing at where I was, I started packing the pounds back on....feeling like a failure for not hitting goal instead of being proud of how far I'd come....yada yada yada....you know the story.

So now here I sit at 226 and my goal weight is 170. This is my first day using the forum but I've been on fitday for a couple of years. I plan on weighing in on Monday mornings.

Hope you all have a great day. Nice to talk to people who have the same journey as me.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

hawaiiadobo, I need a signature like yours. I wish you all the best is losing the weight for your wedding. Do you have a dress picked out already?

stressedoutmama, I think I would be happy at 170 also, but I have never been to that weight so I am not positive about it. I gained all my weight during my first pregnancy, so I jumped from 130 to 200 overnight practically. LOL Congrats on your weight loss so far! I look forward to going on this journey with you. I was stuck at a plateau between 195-200 for the past two years, so maybe you and I can be a good encouragement to each other as we break through our similar plateau weight.

Since I signed up to begin a couple of days ago, I have not gotten a good start. I've been feeling under the weather and having horrible headaches. I knew I haven't been feeling well when I signed up and that was part of my motivation. I keep thinking a push to get back to exercising and eating better will also improve how I feel. I've been off kilter since summer began.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

raindrops - I know what you mean about feeling under the weather. I had high hopes of getting a good workout in this morning, but my stomach as kept me in the bathroom. It's some sort of bug that has me tired and miserable. I'm feeling some better this afternoon and hopefully can get a workout in when my husband gets home from work. I have 2 boys (ages 3 & 4) and it's nice to have someone here to keep them entertained when I workout....otherwise I have to stop every 5 min. to break up a fight. I hope you feel better soon!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:27 PM
FitDay Member

New poster here! I start my journey today June 15th 2010 at 230lbs and hope to lose 85lbs to get to my goal weight of 145lbs by this time next year! Today I feel like crap. I'm really depressed and just tired of everything, but hey thats what got me here tonight so it cant be all that bad. I will be starting a new set of workouts tomorrow and I will do my best to post everyday. I need the accountability.

I want to feel better about myself and look good in my clothes again.. and I also want to improve my physical relationship with my boyfriend. I don't need to be overweight and nothing will stop me this time.

I look forward to sharing this with all the women on this site and growing with you.

Karen
Old 06-14-2010, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Raindrops - thanks. No dress picked out yet, but I'm loving all the tea-length styles that are kind of a 50s-ish throwback. I used to love my legs, so I'm hoping that I'll get to show them off when they're a bit more svelte.

I gained about 50 pounds over the past 8 years, and set my goal a little less than my lowest adult weight. I know that's not usually recommended, but I'm a big believer in go big (lol) or go home. I'm doing a weigh in tomorrow since it's been a week since I've joined. Anyone want to join in? I'm planning to do it weekly.

Hippylovechild - Our goal is set for around the same time next year. I'll hold you accountable if you do the same for me.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Did my "official" weigh in this morning. I'm totally stoked - scale was at 213.5. I know most of it is likely water weight, so I take the number with a grain of salt, but it's nice to see it going down.

I actually weigh myself daily, just to keep myself in check, but this morning was the first time it was under 214. All week it was fluctuating between 214-216. Sweet!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

hawaiiadobo- congrats on the upcoming wedding. i got married last year and i didn't have the motivation to lose any weight. i was content with how i was until the day of the wedding when i had 3 of my friends and my mom trying to close my dress. i don't know how it stayed closed. you would think that it would have motivated me to do something about it at that point but it didn't. it wasn't until after the wedding and the beginning of this year that i realized that something needed to change. i commend you for finding your motivation now.

welcome to all the newbies.

i'm trying to lose a lot of weight but not as fast of some of you. i'm taking it slowly do it so that i don't get bored or unmotivated. my hubby and i decided to make a lifestyle change this past february and we are currently registered to run a half marathon in october. we jog about 5 days a week and i track about 80% of what i eat. slowly i'm making improvements that i see have changed the way my body looks. i have a lot more free time since i just graduated and hopefully i'll have more time to cook instead of going out. i'm here along with the rest of you in hopes of attaining motivation and to be held accountable.

Goal weight (1): 175
Goal weight (2): 150
Goal weight (3): 135
Old 06-15-2010, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by hawaiiadobo
Hey Raindrops - thanks. No dress picked out yet, but I'm loving all the tea-length styles that are kind of a 50s-ish throwback. I used to love my legs, so I'm hoping that I'll get to show them off when they're a bit more svelte.

I gained about 50 pounds over the past 8 years, and set my goal a little less than my lowest adult weight. I know that's not usually recommended, but I'm a big believer in go big (lol) or go home. I'm doing a weigh in tomorrow since it's been a week since I've joined. Anyone want to join in? I'm planning to do it weekly.

Hippylovechild - Our goal is set for around the same time next year. I'll hold you accountable if you do the same for me.

Of course I will! And congrats on your wedding! I need to start weighing myself in the morning. If you'd like we can exchange email to keep each other going? For me I think it would be easier so I dont have to get on the forums everyday, but its up to you.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:06 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all. I'm brand new on this site. Finally figured out it might be easier and more fun to try to get to a healthy weight in community. I'm inspired by the notes everyone has made including ideas to get rid of ill-fitting clothes and setting a goal date. Especially motivated by Giannamone\' because we are starting at the same weight (189) and have about the same amount to lose. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Luck to all with daily choices and long-term results.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

I weighed this morning even though it hasn't been a week, because I will be out of town with no scale and little to no internet access for the next several days. When I weigh, I'll try and put my updates in my signature. The only thing I hate about going out of town is the eating out. I may come back next week and have gained. LOL

EMS1981, that is great that your hubby is on board with all of this you are doing. It must be great to have someone so supportive. The two of you making lifestyle changes and running together is awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.