Community
Notices

50 pounds to lose anyone????

Old 05-31-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by HGBilbruck
Hey I just wanted to give a shout out to all my fellow fitdayers that are losing 50 pounds. How are you all doing? I started this journey with the hopes of losing 52.8 pounds and so far I've lost 8. So only 44.8 more to go. If only they all came off as they do the first week. I just started eating healthy on the 19th and to lose 8 pounds in a week I was happy. So here I sit on day 9 and I'm the same weight as I was yesterday. What gives? I'll just keep pluggin along.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
How did you lose sooooo much soooo fast? I have been trying for the last 31/2 weeks and only lost 2lbs. I have learned that i eat a lot of carbs, and fat. How do I combat this? Help!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I just joined today and need to lose 50lbs. Can anyone tell me if Fitday gives you a meal plan or does it just give you a calorie plan?

Wishing everyone luck on their journey
Old 05-31-2010, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jackie... I know this question was for HGB, but I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents. IMO, When choosing carbs, choose the best complex carbs. Fruits and veggies (with the emphasis on veggies.) I don't eat white refined carbs at all (bread, pasta, potatoes, white rice,sugar, etc) and I follow a predominantly natural diet. No processed food (well almost). I like lean protein, chicken breast or fish during the week, but on the weekend, I'm not opposed to 4-5 oz of well bbqed steak. Like you, before I started this, I was a total carbaholic. My diet consista of 40% complex carbs now. Once I changed my eating habits, it became natural and habitual.

At the end of the day, you have to do what fits your lifestyle and what you can live with. This is what works for me. You're already heading in the right direction by studying your pie chart and knowing where it needs to change.

And look, you've already lost 2 pounds. Good for you.

Good luck on this journey...You can do it.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 05-31-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

EMS... you'll be there sooner than you think.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'm hoping its sooner than later though. I'm putting it on high gear once I'm finished with school. I'll have plenty of time while I find a job.

How is everyone else doing out there? I've got the whole exercise things down its just the eating a balanced meal that I'm having difficulty with. I know what I should be doing but since I'm coming up to finals I'm giving myself a break from obsessing about all my dinning options.

I hope everyone is staying motivated though. I'm in it for the long haul so I'll be lurking around the posts.

__________________________________________________ ______________
Starting weight: 215
Current weight: 199
Ultimate goal weight: 135
Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM
FitDay Member

Red face

Jackie, It was the first week and I think I just shocked my body into losing weight I think I lot of it was water retention. I had a HORRIBLE diet before starting with fitday. I started eating lots of salads and measuring and weighing everything. I became a little obsessive alot if you ask my husband. I have once again fell off the wagon becasue I think I worried about it too much in the beginning. So here I sit with at least 50 pounds to lose. I'd like to get back down to at least 155 but am shooting for 145. So I have 57 pounds to lose. I am starting again tomorrow. June 3rd will be my new day 1. I should get to go on vacation to the ocean finally on July 25th or sometime around there so I have 53 days roughly to lose what I can. I'm hitting it hard and gonna work my butt off. I'll keep you all posted as to my progress. I'll weigh and measure in the morning to track my progress. Yippee! Yikes!

Everyone keep up the good work! We can do it!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

So I've started agin on my journey. I weighed in at 213.2 on June 2nd and as of this morning I weigh 207. I am being very diligent and following my herbalife plan to a T. I feel great, on top of that as today is only day 3 for my eating plan it is Day 4 for being cigarette free! I'm just gonna kill all my vices at once. I take measurements again on day 7 and see how thats progressing. I really feel great and I'm not starving constantly like before. YEA ME! oh yeah and no soda for 3 days either! I'll keep you posted!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

I'm not new to FitDay, but I've never bothered to post to the forums. So I'm a semi-newbie.

I first joined FD several years ago when I was doing Atkins. I lost a huge amount of weight low-carbing (went from 210 to 155 in 5 months), even without calorie-counting, but gradually slipped back into carb addiction and the weight piled back on. For the last year, I've been back up around 210 and not liking it one bit. But between the sugar cravings and the fact that I just ate too blasted much I had a hard time getting in gear to drop all that weight again. But here I am.

I weighed in at 212 on June 1st, and this morning I was at 203. According to my pants and the tape measure I haven't lost a thing, but I'm just about to start my period so I expect the "whoosh" to kick in soon.

Dizzy_44 has pretty much described my current eating plan:
Originally Posted by dizzy_44
When choosing carbs, choose the best complex carbs. Fruits and veggies (with the emphasis on veggies.) I don't eat white refined carbs at all (bread, pasta, potatoes, white rice,sugar, etc) and I follow a predominantly natural diet. No processed food (well almost). I like lean protein, chicken breast or fish during the week, but on the weekend, I'm not opposed to 4-5 oz of well bbqed steak. Like you, before I started this, I was a total carbaholic. My diet consista of 40% complex carbs now. Once I changed my eating habits, it became natural and habitual.
The most important three things here for me are no "white carbs," minimal processed food, and lots of fresh vegetables. I also don't consume any alcohol on a day-to-day basis.

But I've also had to face the fact that how I eat is just as important as what I eat. I've always had a bad habit of eating too quickly, so by the time my brain got the signal that I was full I had already eaten a huge amount of food. I went from "ravenous" to "stuffed," with no stopping off at "satiety." Dinner was over when all the food was gone or I was too full to eat more--not when I was satisfied.

So I decided to try eating at a much slower pace--taking time to chew my food thoroughly, putting the fork down between bites, not taking another bite until I've swallowed the one I was working on. And so far, it's making all the difference. It took me a couple of days to learn how to recognize when I was satisfied and take the cue to stop eating, but now that I've got it, it's changed everything.

I now eat less--I eat less than half what I used to, and I'm satisfied. My blood sugar seems to be much more stable; I don't automatically get "the shakes" if I go more than 6 hours between meals anymore. I'm not hungry all the time, and I can now recognize real hunger, as opposed to "the munchies." Right now, I'm eating two meals a day, with no snacks in between, because that's all I really want. If I have any problems to report, it's that I'm having a hard time eating enough calories.

Oh, and my sugar cravings are gone. I used to crave chocolate and cookies and donuts and such, and while they're not forbidden I just don't want any of it. I got offered a big, beautiful chocolate-chocolate chip cookie yesterday, and turned it down because I just had no desire for it whatsoever. That's just crazy. That's never happened.

So I'm really happy with how things are going so far, and just thought I'd add my experience here in case it helps somebody.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hello, ladies. I am new here. Just joined. I don't know for certain what my ultimate goal weight is, but 50 pounds is sounding pretty good. I hope you all don't mind me joining your thread. Losing weight is always difficult for me. For the past 13 or so years I have not weighed under 185. I am currently around 210, but for the past two years I have hovered between 195-200. I'll have to check my exact weight in the a.m.

I realized years ago what one of my worst eating problems is.... I have what I call bulimic tendencies. I am not a true bulimic, but after journaling my eating I discovered that I will go several days on 500-700 calories and then I have a couple of binge days on near 3000 calories. It's a bad cycle and I have been working to break it. I also have been working to break another bad eating habit and that is that I am one of those people who eats one large meal a day. I have been trying to retrain myself to eating several small portions throughout the day.

Anyhow, that is a little about me and my problems that I have identified. Food wise, I have quite a bit of food allergies and so that severely limits what I can eat. I like to drink hot tea throughout the day and I confess I need to increase my water intake.

That is a little about me. I look forward to jumping into this thread and getting to know all of you.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all,

Yes! I was hoping for this thread. My weigh in when I started Fitday last week was 218. I'm hoping to get down to 150 by next June 4 (my wedding day). So I have 69 pounds to lose. My mini goal is to get down to 175 by Thanksgiving.

I've been diligently logging my food and exercise on Fitday and am doing the 30-Day Shred along with a few of Jillian's other workout tapes to kick myself into gear. Also, it's to get me used to incorporating exercise into my daily routine. Once I'm done with the Shred, I'm planning to switch things up with either a different set of tapes or come up with my own plan. Since it's been a while since I've worked out regularly (about 8 years to be exact) it's nice to have a pre-made routine for you with the tapes. And it's something I can do in the privacy of my own home.

I think the only way to break a bad habit is to replace it with a better one, so here we go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.