Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 9/5

Old 09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Gotta catch up in bits and pieces. School starts today and I have to go cook breakfast for two grandkids. But for now:

Mike, glad you enjoyed those couple o' Blizzards.

Question for those of you who do low fat: how many total calories and grams of fat do you average per day? Just guess if you don't know for sure.

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement and help. I really am more in the camp of those who believe that sat fat is not as big a deal as they used to think. Low carb pioneer Robert Atkins believed that a lonnnnnnnng time ago. Cholesterol is only 6 points above normal--that'll probably be in the normal range next blood test. But in order to bring down my triglycerides without meds, and already being about as low as I intend to get on carbs and calories and also doing exercise, I know little else to adjust in my goals besides increasing fiber and fish oil and lowering sat fat more. I guess I should just be like the doc and accept that we have a good strategy going and wait and see how well it works out in the next four months.

My diet includes:
eating fish twice a week
4000mg per day fish oil supplement
1/2 an avocado per day
an ounce of almonds per day
olive oil
6 servings of low carb veggies--dark green ones
doc recommends 30g fiber, but I go higher than that
and, of course, I exercise.

If anyone knows of any other foods (must be low carb) that are supposed to help lower cholesterol and triglycerides, I welcome your suggestions.

Last edited by Mern; 09-05-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Rose, I looked up Boxing Day and got a mixed baq of what it means, but I found this. I think I had previously read about the practice in England during the Victorian era and what was erroneously in my mind was that the wealthy actually waited on their servants on Boxing Day.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/boxingday1.html
"Some historians say the holiday developed because servants were required to work on Christmas Day, but took the following day off. As servants prepared to leave to visit their families, their employers would present them with gift boxes."

Last edited by Mern; 09-05-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone. I've not caught up on all the posts, I'll do that later. Wanted to set my goals, today is the first day of school, so this morning has been nutty. Oldest 2 DD's got up early to work out with me. It was really funny, but they both managed it. Anyway on to goals, I'll be back later to catch up on the thread.

Health & fitness:

1. 1,400 calories daily.
2. 100 oz of water daily.
3. 7 hours of exercise for the week.
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500.
5. Protein average 25% or higher.

Other stuff:
1. Housework average 30 min/day + 1 load of laundry.
2. At least 1 full load of stuff to Goodwill.
3. Pick blueberries, make jam.
4. Pick peaches, make jam.
5. Pick tomatoes, make chili tomatoes.

Man I'm tired just looking at that list. Hugs to all, good luck ladies and Mike.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Morning, all! Happy first day of school to those who have it today! Almeeker, is it time for champagne? BTS shopping is done and no potential for WW3 for six or seven hours...

Rose, I feel for you, home so late. That's about my husband's schedule, too, and he's pretty beat when he gets home. I'm sure as time goes by you'll come up with some other ideas, but from your goals it looks like what you've done is working.

Mern, FWIW, when I did do low fat, my calories were about 10-13% fat daily. And every time I abandoned it. This time around I made sure to put healthy fats in and keep it more to about 20-25%, and it worked. Coincidence? Hmm.

Well, I weighed in this morning and after 4 good days and 3 really bad days last week, things are unchanged, so I'm still looking at the extra 3.5, 4 pounds from vacation and the sick week. Believe it or not, it's a bit cool here this morning, so with trepidation I'm headed in to see which jeans fit and which have become snug .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-06-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

thanks everyone for the words of welcome back and encouragement!

today i'm going o sign up for 12 week zumba class, and i think Tai Chi 10 week class.

i want to start off easy, i was thinking of the cardio boot camp, but i'm way out of shape compared to the 30 mins i just did today out of not doing it in forever!

anyway heres mondays results

Health Goals:
1. 3 Bottles of water (3 cups of water for the bottle i use): Yes!
2. wii fit 30mins everyday.no
3. 10,000 steps everydayno
4. no going out for food this week:yes

Life Goals:
-finish up commissions no
-start going through stuff for moving no
Old 09-06-2011, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I have much love for you as well. Didn't see you post yet on the new thread for this week so that's why I didn't say hello to you too.

Well down another half pound again!! Crazy but this eating healthy, working out all the time really works.

Went to a farm with my hubby and daughter yesterday and she had a great time feeding the animals. Here are some pics since she is too cute not to see: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3855e1c&type=1

Ignore the bad pics of me though!

Hope everyone is ready to stay focused and on target this week since we all had a nice long weekend.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

You are correct; she is too cute not to see! Thanks for the smile in my morning. And Ann, your pics are not bad at all . Good job on the next half-pound down!
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Super Moderator

Aww she is very cute. Congrats on the continued weight loss. I forgot to mention that I adopted a baby girl while here. She tips the scles at just over 3 pounds, and is ~11 weeks old. Unfortunately her dad doesn't know that I've "adopted" her and she'll be going back with me, if I can sneek her past TSA. Ignore the persons leg in the background. Soon enough the meat will be off of that bone as well.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 09-06-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back. I've been trying to read along the past few weeks but haven't had time for posting and my phone doesn't like this site very well. I took some ME time off of work last week so was off for 5 days and then with the holiday this weekend was another 3 days. I have been good and bad But after it all, I am still the same weight so I guess I wasn't too bad. One morning I did have a nice dip but it didn't hold so I didn't record it.

Time to make some new goals. I need to catch up with you guys and all your losses! Since yesterday wasn't logged I have to start on Tuesday this week. And as usual I will probably not be able to log sat & sun.

Health/Fitness
1. 80oz water daily
2. 3500 calorie deficit for the week
3. 30 min workout on Weds-Sunday
4. lunch walks if not raining (supposed to all week though)
5. Quit stuffing junk in my mouth

Life
1. Listen when my youngest son talks (even though it will be about video games)
2. Laundry daily
3. Clean something everyday to have less to do on the weekend
4. Fish tank cleaning this weekend Tues-Fri: N/A
5. Strip bathroom border & prep any holes for painting Tues-Fri: N/A

Oh and I almost forgot...I haven't been here since Chloe had her spay on 8/26. She scared me for two days afterward. She wouldn't eat or drink. I finally coaxed her to eat a slice of bread dipped in milk by hand. Amazing how much those carbs improved her appearance that quick. Now only 10 days later it is a total battle to keep her from going full tilt. She is a very high energy, happy dog and she has to run, jump and roll her way everywhere and wrestle along the way if she bumps into someone in her path LOL

Here is a post-spay pic of her trying to contain her energy.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Awww that makes me miss my Chloe'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.