Notices

What Motivates You?

Old 05-14-2010, 05:23 AM
FitDay Member

farahb7,

sorry to hear you are not happy with your weight loss progress . But the great thing is: you are making progress!! You have lost almost 7 lbs in 2 months! I honestly wish I was able to achieve this! So personally, I think you are doing great.

I read a nice slogan the other day:
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to achieve it. The time will pass anyway.

I hope this is a little motivator. Don't give up!

Best wishes,
MollySue
Old 05-14-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

The biggest motivator for me is staying positive by remembering all of my accomplishments so far and comparing myself today to what I looked like & felt like 1 year ago or 6 months ago. I also stay motivated by using small goals for health & physical abilities as well as the scales.

farahb7:
Since I had over 100 pounds to lose, it's easy to be overwhelmed & bummed since I also lose weight really slowly, about the same as you farahb7. I've lost 50 and have 63 more to go for a realistic goal of being in the normal range, however it would be awesome to lose 75 more since that was my weight in my early 20's. We may be turtles, but we'll arrive!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your motivating words my dear friends! i do honestly need the motivation! it sucks being a turtle in weight lose but i'm so glad i have you, to keep me going on days that i feel down, like today!

Mollysue, i really like that slogan, is it ok if i use it in my signature?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Dear farahb7,

you are more than welcome to use it!
Old 05-15-2010, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Farah - here is what I do when I feel frustrated. I go to the grocery store, to the meat department. I pick up the one lb packages of meat, or butter, and stack them up to represent how much I lost. Even one lb is a lot when you look at it like that. Keep in mind, that the slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off anyway, and this is more like an endurance race than a sprint!

Keep trying - it's not how fast you get there, it's whether you're moving in the right direction!
Old 05-16-2010, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sandypiercerdh
Farah - here is what I do when I feel frustrated. I go to the grocery store, to the meat department. I pick up the one lb packages of meat, or butter, and stack them up to represent how much I lost. Even one lb is a lot when you look at it like that. Keep in mind, that the slower you lose it, the more likely you are to keep it off anyway, and this is more like an endurance race than a sprint!

Keep trying - it's not how fast you get there, it's whether you're moving in the right direction!
wow! such a strong visualization! i will try it today when i go grocery shopping! thanks!!!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Sandy! You are so right! The slower it comes off the better chance you have of keeping it off. I too love your metaphor. I remember one time I had lost 70 pounds. At the time my daughter weighed around 70 pounds. I would look at her and think, 'I lost a whole child!'

Farah, keep your chin up! It will happen.

Originally Posted by sandypiercerdh