Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
How can I better handle negative comments about my weight loss? >

How can I better handle negative comments about my weight loss?

Community
Notices

How can I better handle negative comments about my weight loss?

Old 02-28-2010, 11:39 PM
FitDay Member

Well done Crystal. I'm sure like a lot of other people have already said that alot of it is jealousy and people not understanding properly what a "normal" weight person should look like. As for the WW leader saying those things, I would maybe try to find another support group as she a/ isn't being motivational, and b/ doesn't appear to know what the healthy weight range is for someone of your height and body type - which is a worry in itself.

Just keep in mind what a great thing you have achieved and that you are healthy and happy - a state which we all strive to be in....
Old 03-06-2010, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by chrystaljones28
Hello, I am new to Fitday and would love some feedback on how others handle the negative comments they receive from others garding your weigt loss ... I feel like I am constantly defending myself. Does anyone have any suggestions?
First, let me add my congratulations to you for your wonderful achievement, especially in the time you took to achieve it. Obviously you were dedicated and disciplined, and strong.

I have not as yet reached my goal, but I'm close. When I'm at LBM I'll have lost around 63 pounds, and like you, I'm 5'3", so it's possible I'll be getting the same kind of remark. After what I went through (as have so many) to get to goal, I'll be dang if I let anybody get away with expressing their "concern" that way. You know you can tell the difference between genuine concern from a close friend, and plain old jealousy.

I read a fantastic rebuttal to this kind of comment on another forum, and if somebody ever catches me in a snarky mood, I just might use it. If the person is herself overweight who asks me questions like why do I continue recording intake and so on, I'll say, "Because I don't want to end up like you."