Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi, I'd like to join your group.

Hi there,

My name is Rockzann, I'm 41 years old and last week end I hit the dreaded 200 lb mark. I always said if I got there I'd do something different and so...here I am. I'm tall, 5'9" so I can carry weight and still look slim. I have skinny legs and a big belly so I tell my friends I look like a shelf sitter. I have the classic issues of an apple shaped person. High cholestrol, high triglicerides, belly fat, the beginnings of heart disease. My grandfather died at 51 from a massive coronary so that is my motivation to lose the weight and be healthy. I have a lot to do and I'm going to need more than a decade to do it in. I want to meet my great grandchildren and I can't do that if I'm dead.
I am looking for people to hold me accountable. I'm super good at starting diets and excercise but then I fall off the wagon. I'm trying to take baby steps and I've modified my diet over the years to include whole grains, olive oil and lean meat. I just like food so portion control is my problem. I really like Zonya Foco's approach to diets and I try to incorporate one good thing and make it a habit before I move on to the next. I'm doing Jonathan Roche's approach to fitness and using his "no excuse workout plan" for excercise. Interval excercise is suppose to work better than the standard 30 minutes on the tread mill. We'll see...
I have a great sense of humor so if anyone is down I can at least make you laugh!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
Hi everyone,

My name is Victoria, 30 years old, Homestead, FL. I'm 5ft 1 in. I weigh 156 lbs and my goal is 130-125.

I found FitDay on 4/21/10 on a google search. I'm so glad I did. I have 3 good reasons for wanting to lose weight and I will use them on my quest.

1. I had an embarrasing moment where I had to walk into the clothing store with ripped jeans and trying to find another pair. That's when I realized I had to do something.

2. I have 3 children (2 are mentally disabled) I want to be there for them.

3. I donated blood and found out my cholesterol is high.

I didn't realize how much I was eating until I added my food intake on this site. I changed my diet. I don't drink soda anymore. I'm eating whole wheat bread, wheat pasta, wheat tortillas, sweet potato instead of regular baked, all my meat is cooked in the oven or grilled, I boil my eggs, lots of veggies, olive oil instead of vegetable/canola oil, an all natural butter made with olive oil (I think butter is bad but since i can't stay away from it I found the healthiest one), and tons of water. There are times where I crave a soda so instead I drink Propel Water (with flavor).

I think I made a big change in such a short little time. I aim to be the next success story and I hope I find a buddy or more to keep me motivated and I will do the same in return. I can't wait to weigh myself in 2 more days.

I enjoyed reading a lot of informative posts. I'm addicted to FitDay and everytime I put something in my mouth I run to the computer to add it on my daily food intake.

I hope everyone reaches their goal.

Victoria
I have an update from original post above.

I weighed my self and I lost 5 lbs in 1 week! So now I only need to lose 26 lbs. I'm so excited. I can't wait to fit into a size 5/6 jeans again. And I'm going to keep up with what I'm doing. And if I lose more it will be a plus.

I'll keep checking in on my progress.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats, Victoria!! 5 lbs - I'm jealous. :-) Keep up the good work. I'm curious - did you up your workout routine at all, or was it mostly by changing your eating habits?

I've been good this week - both by sticking to my work out routine (working out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far) and by sticking to my calorie intake (1200 calorie / day per my trainer's instructions). I hope it makes a diference - trying to weigh myself only once a week so i don't become a slave to the scale.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kathrynflinn
Congrats, Victoria!! 5 lbs - I'm jealous. :-) Keep up the good work. I'm curious - did you up your workout routine at all, or was it mostly by changing your eating habits?

I've been good this week - both by sticking to my work out routine (working out Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far) and by sticking to my calorie intake (1200 calorie / day per my trainer's instructions). I hope it makes a diference - trying to weigh myself only once a week so i don't become a slave to the scale.
I changed my eating habits drastically so I think that's what has helped me lose weight more than anything. I'm also eating 1200 calaries a day. But I also did some exersize ( walking 2 days and a cardio dvd 1 day) totaling 3 times a week. The walking would be for an hour and the exercise dvd is 45 minutes. Next week I want to add a little jogging at least 10 minutes. But lets see what type of shape I'm in when it's time.

Sounds like your doing good. Just stick to what the trainer says and if at the end of the week it's working then keep on trucking.

Did your trainer go over what is best to eat? I'm curious because I stay hungry eating few calories. Any advice on how to feel fuller longer? I'm not afraid of giving in on my hunger ( I have self discipline), but it is quite annoying.

-Victoria
Old 04-29-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Would love to join the group

I have read most all of the threads and feel like this is a great site for support. I weigh 174 and would like to drop 35 pounds. I have done Jenny Craig, WW and Atkins in the past. I am trying Atkins again. I've done alot of reading online and what makes most sense to me is keeping away from sugar and bread, both of which I love. I do feel much better. I only hope pizza does not become my downfall again. I am determined to set a good example for my daughter and lose this weight.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All!
congratulations to Victoria and Katie for their weight loss and the good exercise habbit!!!! i'm trying to get myself there mentally to start a exercise routin and stick with it. i did my gazelle on Tuesday night for half an hour, i do like that machine, i just hope it's good enough for my purpose! and i have also been sticking to my 1200 calories, which i could never do before and for that i should thank fitday and the amazing support system on these fourms! i have been trying to pay attention to my fat and carb and protein intake, increasing protein and going low carb.going low carb seems to be a challenge, since whatever i like has loads of carbs in it!!
overall, for the first time in so long, i think i am finally going to lose the unwanted weight and am really excited about it! i will weigh in tomorrow, and i hope i'll be pleased with what i see!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I would like to join your group! I need to lose 35lbs this is the most Ive ever weighed in my life and feel tired all the time. I'm a stress eater and school has been very stressful the past 2 semesters and I have my weight to show for it!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
Did your trainer go over what is best to eat? I'm curious because I stay hungry eating few calories. Any advice on how to feel fuller longer? I'm not afraid of giving in on my hunger ( I have self discipline), but it is quite annoying.

-Victoria
My trainer suggested several foods that I should stick to - but more importantly he figured out how many grams of Protein, Carbs and Fat I should be eating each day. And that's been hugely helpful - i didn't realize how little protein I had been eating before. And I've noticed that including more protein in my diet has really helped.

In terms of food, i've been sticking with Egg Beaters and whole wheat toast for breakfast; baby spinach salad w/ veggies and either chicken or tuna for lunch; protein shake for am snack; greek yogurt w/ grapefruit for pm snack; and for dinner - i try to incorporate chicken/salmon/tillapia with a veggie.

I've also JUST discovered quinoa - that stuff's delicious. Especially if you mix it w/ avocado, tomato and shrimp. Mmm - my new favorite meal.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kathrynflinn
My trainer suggested several foods that I should stick to - but more importantly he figured out how many grams of Protein, Carbs and Fat I should be eating each day. And that's been hugely helpful - i didn't realize how little protein I had been eating before. And I've noticed that including more protein in my diet has really helped.

In terms of food, i've been sticking with Egg Beaters and whole wheat toast for breakfast; baby spinach salad w/ veggies and either chicken or tuna for lunch; protein shake for am snack; greek yogurt w/ grapefruit for pm snack; and for dinner - i try to incorporate chicken/salmon/tillapia with a veggie.

I've also JUST discovered quinoa - that stuff's delicious. Especially if you mix it w/ avocado, tomato and shrimp. Mmm - my new favorite meal.
Thanks for the tip. Fish is good so far and I guess you could eat more of it and get satisfied. Well done. Have to add it to my menu now.

I've seen quinoa in the whole foods store as well but I have never cooked it or let alone eaten it. Little scared I will cook it wrong and screw up my meal.

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 04-29-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning All!!! it's me again! a very happy me!
i weigh in this morning, and yes, i have lost 3 lbs. for me, with my stubborn fat, losing 3 lbs is a great deal! and i have to thank Fitday and you amazing people for it! is it too much if i say I LOVE YOU ALL for your help and support!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.