Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 04-15-2010, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hello All! I am new to all of this! I am 28 years old and I am 151lbs. I have been thin and a runner, having doen a marathon 2 years ago. Then I got engaged and comfortable and gained at least 30lbs. I would love to be back in my marathon shape, and I have started torun again, but I am averaging just 3 miles a day right now. This is going to be tough, but this looks like a great place for support!!
Old 04-15-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mama Campbell. Congrats on your success, I am truly happy for you.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Lauren,

Congrats on the engagement. I am brand new here, too, and I'd like to lose about 25 pounds. I don't really know how (I suppose just plain old lack of paying attention) but I've gained over 15 pounds in the last two years (and JUST when I had almost reached my weight goal!!). I didn't even realize it until I hopped on a scale recently, but it was a big wake-up call. Now I'm working to get back to where I was, and lose 5 pounds more after that.

I actually eat very healthfully, and I enjoy going to the gym and working hard there. My challenges are 1) refraining from OVEREATING, which is a big problem for me (and even healthy food has calories) and 2) making sure that I keep going to the gym regularly (5x/week).

I am hoping these two components will propel me forward.

I think it's so cool that you are a runner. I've always admired runners for their unique brand of strength and tenacity. How does it feel to be back?
Old 04-16-2010, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello to all!

Hi, I am new to this forum. I thought having a group of women with similar challenges and goals could be a great support and really help in my journey, while hopefully, I too, can support others.

I know I am an emotional eater, whether it be work stress or home life pressures I use food for comfort. I've always had to watch what I eat Sometimes I do better than other times. Obviously, since I am here, I've not been so good at my eating plan.

About 3 1/2 years ago I discovered I was allergic to wheat, not just glutten intolerant, but actually allergic to wheat.. It's been a challenge, but when I've been wheat free I've felt really great...

Over that last 9 months I totally fell off the bandwagon and have now gained 30 lbs I've probably spent the last several months beating myself up and feeling sorry for myself.. But last week I decided to get off the pitty pot and get back to my healthy eating and exercise program.

I don't like telling people what my weight is, but figure that is part of the process to admit my weight and then work toward changing it.

When I started on Monday I weighed 165, This morning when I weighed I was 160! So, 5lbs down in the first week is great.. I've also walked 3 days this week and jumped on my trampoline 2 times.

I look forward to sharing and reading others challenges and successes!
Old 04-16-2010, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekly check-in

Okay, week 1 and I'm down 3.2 lbs. Starting weight was 185.2 and this morning was 182! Must have been some water weight in there being the first week. My goal is to lose around 1 lb per week. I'm eating an average of 1800 calories and I've been keeping on my running program, all good stuff. 27 lbs to go in 37 weeks!
Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goal!

3 months 30 lbs
Start: Jan 11 169 38.6% body fat
Finish Apr 16 139 30.9% body fat

I still have about 5 more lbs and 2% or 3% body fat to go, but the doc recommended that I hang out at this weight for a month or two, making sure that I had a handle on my maintenance calorie load, and finish training for an up coming race, before working on the last 5.

BTW he had a great explanation about why it gets harder as you reach your goal.

It went something like this: Imagine a rubber band stretching between point A (the starting point) and point B (the ending point). When you first begin stretching the rubberband it is easy, but as you get closer and closer to point B it gets harder and harder. Once you reach point B if you give yourself a month or so to "rest", point A (your original starting point) moves closer to point B (maybe even becomes point B) so that when you begin shooting for a new goal, you have a lot more stretch in the rubber band. He thinks that this is one of the explanations for the plateaus most long term dieters go through.

Happy Saturday to everyone - be well

Pam
Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default I like the rubber band theory

The rubber band analogy makes a lot of sense. Maybe our bodies need to stabilize at a lower weight before letting go of any more. I'm still working on point A over here. But this is great food for thought (hehe, no pun intended).
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default Good Reminder to all!

Hey everybody, welcome to the newcomers. Remember that it took us some time to get to our current weights. It will take time to get it off. I have to remember that it is a slow, careful process. I didnt' log in over the weekend. Weekdays are def. easier for me. I log in after I get kids off to school. Got to stay on track! I did work out Saturday. Let's see if we can all get 1 lb off this week!!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

So...two weeks since I've been to the gym and been eating high carb crap, more food than I want. Yesterday I bought a new bathroom scale to replace the one that died in a tragic puking accident (my daughter had the stomach flu). Today I reluctantly stepped on the scale to find out what the damages were. Not only did I not gain weight, I've broken my plateau and am down 3 lbs. I'm at 157, 25 down and 23 to go. I don't quite understand but hey, I'll take it. My metabolism's been shaken, stirred, and tossed in a wood chipper these past two weeks, so maybe that's it.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default to Lizzycritter

GOOD GOOD GOOD! I have noticed on occasion when I am not so focused on things, I tend to lose. Get back on track and enter your foods/exercise and take that plateau-breaker as a gift!!! You are half way there. I am sure you look great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.