Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 03-31-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Yup. Welcome Liesl. I'm Vashti we're all here for you. I'm 5'7 and currently 160. I want to ultimately be 130...originally it was 140, but here you are 6 feet and you were almost 140 at that point, so maybe 140 is too much for me...ANYWAY, we're all here to help you so yeah just hang around here and you'll get plenty of support. I think it's nice that you asked. I just came here whoop dee doo and got support from many people.
My dad's wife is asian (but I am not), and she makes many fried foods..but I DON'T GET WHY SHE IS SO SKINNY. Is there a study about this? Haha seriously though, why do they stay so skinny... hmm
Old 03-31-2010, 10:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default adding 2 cups

Originally Posted by karldavid
I'm new to fitday. If you have 2cups of something where do you find how to put that in. I put 1cup in 2times for somethings.

Welcome Karldavid,
If you need to change the quantity in FitDay highlight the number, type in the correct number and the click on update. Also note that there is usually a drop down menu associated with the unit. So if you don't know how may cups of say... green peppers you used, you can change the unit to a weight like oz, or in some cases the item itself like "large green pepper". It is pretty flexible, but you do need to measure accurately in order for the calories to be calculated accurately.

Good luck!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Vashti! Thanks for helping me out today. I had just looked in the mirror. UGH. Don't you let my goal get you down though. Every single person is built in a different way. My goal is what it is because I remember how I felt when I was that weight.... Also, i remember my hips being ALOT smaller then. they've ballooned now. this goal may just be impractical....So, if I am happy at 160, then thats fine. I just want to push myself. If I have a lot to lose, I'm less likely to cheat.
My friend is around 5'8 and 140. She's also one of the skinniest people I know. You can do it! A man once wrote a blog about skinny girls, and he said for us to ask ourselves (we women) what is it that we want our bodies to look like. No, forget what others want your body to look like, what people expect your body to look like, and think of yourself in the body YOU want for yourself. then imagine doing all the things you want to do in that body, and your life (and self-esteem) will see incredible improvement.
Also, I hear there is a weekly weigh in? when is that? im not sure what time it is where you are, but its thursday, at 12:46 in the afternoon here.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

So I'm back! I hope every one is fine.... I'm having a little difficulty here. I'm eating too little. :O or so it seems. I find myself calculating my food at the end of every day and I seem to balance out at around 800 calories. I looked this up, because I never heard of a "800 calorie" diet. Seems like I'm setting my body up for starvation mode. Not healthy. So, today, I decided that I would eat more. This ended up with me eating when I wasnt hungry anymore, and I went over my limit (1200 cal). Frustration? yes. The key point here is that I wasn't hungry when I was eating so little calories. It wasn't intentional, except for the avoiding everything that was full of carbs, fat, and sugar. My diet was mostly chicken, vegetables, and and a small amount of wheat bread. I thought, "tasty, healthy, filling"... can someone give me some life experience? thanks a bunch.
Old 04-01-2010, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Post Braw bonnie Scotland

Hi Vashti, glad to hear Scotland is a fav place of yours. I do love it here but long to live in New Zealand where my brother lives. I grew up in The Trossachs which is as pretty as pie (sorry, hunger pangs) except when it rains!!! Panoramio - Untitled photo.

Good luck in your quest for the lean life :-)
Old 04-01-2010, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Post All things Chinese

Hi Liesl, what a great place to be studying – always wanted to go there. I’m following a high protein/high fat/low carb diet which is starting to work (proper weigh in on Sun but my trousers are looser). I was worried as I’ve got oily skin but drinking LOADS of water seems to balance everything out. How about trying to up your fish/meat amounts to give you energy but try to eat brown rice instead of white.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Vivobliv. I'm not following any specific diet that a doctor gave me. What I'm doing is trying to find a healthy balance between calories (1200), low fat (avoiding super fatty foods), and unhealthy carbohydrates (processed, white). This way I can keep going after I've lost all my unhealthy weight by upping my intake on calories, healthy fats, and healthy carbohydrates. Fish sounds great. I may try to cook some. I'll take a look at the foreign foods market to see if the price of brown rice is reasonable. :P Today is a great day!
Old 04-02-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default I don't know how I did it, but I did it.

Okay so this morning I stepped on the scale and saw it was below the 160 mark, but I was too tired to try and see exactly where it landed, I didn't care so much though, as long as it was below 160! AND IT WAS! Then I proceeded to go eat breakfast and watch Sister, Sister.
This is muy surprising, considering all spring break I literally do NOTHING all day haha. This is my break from school, I felt a bit entitled to sit around all day

Also, thank you Liesl for telling us that story of the blog the man wrote. That sounds like a fantastic idea.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default would like to join

Just started Fit Day last week..My goal is to lose 41 lbs ( Lost 4 last week)

Starting weight 185 (3-21-10)
Goal weight 140

I made a post to introduce myself and hope to find friends and online support buddies so that THIS TIME I can stick to it and finally lose weight
Thxs,
Luly
Old 04-02-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Stayed Even

Weight on 3/26: 168.6 lbs with BMI of 29.9
Weight on 4/2: 168.6 lbs with BMI of 29.9
Loss of: 0.0 lbs

Glad I didn't gain this week. I went carb crazy (homemade pizza and homemade bread with homemade jam) for two days before I pulled myself back together and started logging food again. Also exercised just one day last week. Must do better!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.