Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

right now i'm setting my goal at 20 pounds, but my long term goal is to lose 30 pounds :S loool wish me luck as I embark upon my journey
Old 03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default Great job!

Originally Posted by krk454
Weight on 3/19: 170.6 lbs with BMI of 30.2
Weight on 3/26: 168.6 lbs with BMI of 29.9 (No longer in the obese category!)
Loss of: 2.0 lbs

This last week was really good as far a workouts are concerned. I managed six out of seven days. It almost felt like too much, so I think I'll aim for 4-5 times per week. I've been trying to keep things interesting. I walked cross country, hiked up and down hillsides, did a couple days of Power90, and one night of volleyball. (I served 18 points in a rows during our first match! How awesome is that? Usually I can't keep the ball from going too deep and out the back.)

Last week was good food wise too. I don't think my calorie intake exceeded my expenditure on any day.
Congrats on your weight loss and the lowered BMI, that is fantastic! I've very happy for you! You did a great job in volleyball as well, way to kick booty!
Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default You can do it!

Originally Posted by DreaDia
right now i'm setting my goal at 20 pounds, but my long term goal is to lose 30 pounds :S loool wish me luck as I embark upon my journey
You have good goals, you can do it. Good luck to you!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Surprise!

Hello All !

I have recently enjoyed a 5 day trip to Jamaica and although I know that I have gained weight and I know what size of clothes I am buying - I was surprised at the photos! I had always been a small person and over the past few years I have gained A LOT of weight. I am 49 years old 5' 6" and 186 pounds. At 39 years of age I was 5' 6" and 105 pounds. I quit smoking 6+ months ago and that contributed 15 pounds but the rest of the weight is just eating to much and not moving enough. A sedentary life is no longer possible at my age. I discovered fitday.com today and I have done a lot of reading and logged everything that I ate today. I am beginning this journey with a 30 pound goal. Once I reach that goal I will determine how I feel and if 10 or 15 more pounds is possible. I think 140 is where I feel best. I hope to gain some tips and tricks and meet some people on the same journey ~
Old 03-27-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Krk, thanks for that quote...I really love it.
Also thanks for the inspiration Yeah I'm trying to incorporate more activities..but you see..I'm the type of person that hates any kind of physical activity. Haha. After about 15 minutes, I just want to sit down and chill. So, it's a bit of a challenge for me to do anything that requires exerting energy...
Not that I can't or out of energy to do it...I just don't want to. hehe

As for my weigh in...well, this Saturday, (I know I'm a day late) I weighed in at about like 159 or158. I can't really tell (not digital scale) and I origanlly started out at about 173 pounds 2 months ago. How come I don't see any physical changes? Lol this is annoying <.<
Old 03-27-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Runnerchi
You have good goals, you can do it. Good luck to you!

thank you!!!
Old 03-27-2010, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Smile rambling a bit...

Originally Posted by DeathArrow
Krk, thanks for that quote...I really love it.
Also thanks for the inspiration
You're welcome and nice progress!

I can commiserate. Analog scales can be so frustrating! I had one for about ten years before I broke down six months ago and bought a new digital scale. I had to be really careful with the old scale to make sure that I weighed myself consistently. Feet had to be exactly the same every time and had make sure that my weight was evenly distributed across my feet. If I leaned back on my heels, I would weigh 2 pounds more than if I leaned forward and carried more weight on my toes. I like having clear cut numbers, but I have to constantly remind myself that the new scale reads 1.5 lbs heavier than the old one.

Originally Posted by DeathArrow
How come I don't see any physical changes?
I'm sure there are physical changes that you don't see because they have been gradual. When I walk/run/jog consistently, I've noticed that my legs, especially my calves, become more toned.

Another idea to track progress is to use digital photos. New full body shots, with identical poses and the same background, in a swimsuit (or bra and underwear) for every five pounds of weight loss. I've done this in the past. (I was very careful about where the photos were stored and who knew about them. I didn't want them getting passed around.) I never really saw the physical changes when I looked in the mirror, but I would when I compared pictures. A five pound loss wasn't very noticeable in the photos, but when comparing my start photo to the ten pound loss photo, I could see my belly starting to to disappear and my upper arms and thighs getting smaller. Still when I looked in the mirror after the ten pound loss, I didn't see much change because it had been so gradual (over the course of about ten weeks). I never made it to the fifteen pound photos, so I can't tell you much about that.

Originally Posted by Jelynla
I was surprised at the photos!
Welcome to the group! Your comment partially inspired me to post about using digital photos as a tool to track weight loss. I think the mental image that I carry of myself is me at about 150 pounds, and like you, I know I'm larger than that, but mentally I don't see myself as heavier. It's always a bit difficult for me to reconcile the fact I really am this heavy when I see myself in current photos. That's why I found full body shots to be great motivation; I can no longer be in denial. Good bye back fat and love handles!

Originally Posted by DreaDia
right now i'm setting my goal at 20 pounds, but my long term goal is to lose 30 pounds.
My goal is a lot like yours. I'll be ecstatic with the loss of 20 pounds, and it's easier for me to comprehend success with 20. Thirty pounds almost seems unattainable to me, but if I can lose 20, I'm sure that 30 will be possible as well.

Runnerchi: Congrats on your weight loss as well. Thank you for the kudos!

I'm not usually too into fitness magazines, but I think that the April issue of SHAPE is great. There's a brief article on plateaus (Scale Stuck?, p. 50) and another on maintaining your weight loss (What Weight-Loss Winners Want You to Know, p. 177). My weight usually yo-yos about 10 pounds every year, so it was interesting to read about some the psychological adjustments that need to be made to successfully maintain weight loss.

Everyone keep up the good work and enjoy the weekend!
Old 03-28-2010, 05:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Hi all, back after a bit of travel

It's nice to see new "faces" and read your stories.
I usually end up traveling about once a month for work. At home I am a religious exercizer (running and yoga mostly, but skiing in the winter and mountain biking in the summer round out the activities). I have found it very hard to get much of a workout in a hotel even when it has a nice fitness center. Soooo, watching the diet becomes very important, and I am glad to report that mostly due to the FitDay log I stayed true to the diet this past week.

As of a week ago I was down another 4.5 pounds over a 2 week period. My goal of 140 is well in sight. I started at 170 10 weeks ago, and I am currently 146. (I suppose at this point I could join the 5 to 15 club, but I don't want to leave such a great group of ladies!). I am on a doctor-assisted diet (Center for Medical Weight Loss, which I highly recommend) The doctor and I agreed to extend the program to 14 weeks rather than the 12 originally planned to ensure that I reach my goal of 30 lbs. From there I will have another 5 lbs to get to my ultimate goal of 135. I haven't been at that weight for 30 years (I'm 53) so just the thought sends little ripples of thrill down my spine, 'cuz I know I can do it. And part of the knowledge is the support and encouragement I have gotten from you all (and part is due to the super, and somewhat unexpected, support I have gotten from my husband).

Be well everyone!

Pam
Old 03-28-2010, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

Default 20 to 40 pounds

Hi, everyone

I just joined fitday today and was pleased to find this thread. My goal is between 20 and 40 pounds (depending on body fat percentage and size/appearance) and I like the idea of the weekly updates on here.

I'll just add a brief intro to myself.

I'm 25, 5'2" and currently 147 pounds (just 9 pounds slimmer than the heaviest I have ever been). Not sure weight-wise how much I want to lose, but I would like to get back into the healthy weight and BMI category and to a size/look that appeals to me. I think that may mean I'm going to have to aim for the higher end of my weight loss goal as I have a very narrow frame and even a few extra pounds shows up on me almost instantly.

I USED to be VERY active, but have been pretty lazy for a couple years now. I recently started walking more often, cut out the drinking (I think beer and wine may been responsible for at least half of my weight gain, haha) and changed my diet most of the way back to my previous healthier habits. That alone has helped me lose 6 pounds in the last month. I start a new job this week, which will be standing and once I get that first check I am SUPER excited to buy some new trail running shoes and hit the hiking trails!

Luckily, I am feeling quite motivated and having recently moved back to my home town I know I'll have MANY opportunities to excersize without even worrying about a gym membership. The tentative plan includes: frequent jogging, trail running and hiking; rollerskating (yes, the old fashioned kind!) to the beach, swimming and taking up some sort of beach activity (volleyball or frisbee or something??? advice welcome!) and riding my bike to and from work. Once I get back into all of that stuff, I am hoping the weight loss part should come pretty easily

Well, good luck to all, and I'll be back to update my progress!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:58 PM
FitDay Member

Hi All

Great to see some new faces in the group.

Congrats Runbikeski on a fab loss ur so close to ur goal and that is great.

Well I did weight in on friday couldnt post because computer decided to die but now that it is up and working again am happy to say I have lost 2.2lbs this week so down from 165 to 162.8 fingers crossed for another good loss this coming week.

Good luck to all for friday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.