Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by [email protected]
I am kinda new - been a member for a few months, but really just started using fitday last week. I am 35yo, approx 5'3 225lb - mini goal of losing 25lb, ultimate goal is losing 85.
My son & I have been walking 4 days a week before school/work and then I go to an aqua fitness class twice a week.
I've already lost 3 lbs since last Tuesday! Trying to keep it up!
Congrats on your great effort I find that exercise like walking is my best friend to loose weight. You just have to be careful that you don't come home hungry. One thing nice about walking is that you can do it for free

Happy Trails.....
Old 09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys! I'm in!! :]

I do good for 3 days, then bad for 3 days, then good for 3 days....RESULT? I lose the same two pounds over and over!! :[ After about 3 days, I get REALLY hungry. I guess I need some accountability to get past that 4th day.

Anybody in my boat and wanna be my buddy? I'd like to set up a text message exchange for instant support. That fourth day is kller.

I'm 47, weigh 152. My goal is 130 by Christmas. After one week, I'm starting to lose those two pounds again! lol.

Cass
Old 09-10-2010, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Ok...so it seems that most of us want this off by Christmas! Let's make it happen! We need to constantly encourage each other. I've had no change in the past two weeks. I guess I should see a little good in that, but I don't. So, I'm going to work harder this week! No scale until next Friday! I have to push myself!

Good luck everyone....enjoy the weekend, but don't overdo it.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone as i put into my thread im back on the weightwatchers plan after a stressful time. I did really well on it last year and lost 3 stone alongside another stone that id lost the year before!! I can happily say that i havent put the weight back on but im still a couple of stone away from my goal weight.
Im my second week in and after my on my first weigh in yesterday i have lost 4lbs!! Im over the moon to be back in control again and excited about getting to the point when im happy with my body.
Evenings and weekends are when i tend to struggle most but im trying really hard to find other ways to beat boredom then food.
COASTALCASS-i know exactly what you mean when you mention the 3 days good and 3 days bad routine. This is how ive been for the last 9months and why i couldnt lose the last 2 stone i wanted when i left the ww.meetings and like you stayed the same without any loss at all. Im much better now im back at weightwatchers because it gives me reason to be good for the 7 days needed to lose the unwanted pounds.
Consistency is the key. You can do it!!!! We all can with each others support!

Start Weight-235lbs
Current weight- 171lbs
4LBS LOSS THIS WEEK!!!! yipee
Goal weight- 140lbs
Old 09-16-2010, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hey thanks, Tracey!! You're doing really great! 4 stones!! OMG that's a lot!!

I am so struggling right now, its not so good! It's like you said ... STRESS! I feel like I ate a balloon! It's all in my middle!! :C And I don't see any relief on the stress front!!

So today I did some research on food and stress and decided to try something radical. I'm temporarily switching to a higher fat diet to help manage the stress. Avacado, almond, oatmeal, salmon, and oranges...plus lots of supplements, including fat supplements. We will see if I can hold off the cravings for wine and cheese after work!

Thanks for the encouragement!! I haven't been able to get on the scale this week. But I have to on Sunday.

Cheers,
Cass
Old 09-16-2010, 09:52 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Cass its so hard to manage stress with food. I walk the school run everyday for 60 mins (15 mins x4) and that helps me destress my mind and think about things a little more instead of being so close to the food cupboards. I could perhaps look on the net and see what other foods help combat stress. Im a real stresser and worrier and if i let it build up it just takes control of me and i become an absolute nightmare to live with.
I try hard now to recognise when im starting to get stressed be it with the kids (age 7 and 5), friends, money, family and try to deal with it or talk it through with myself or my boyfriend. I find if i keep it bottled up it just goes on a downward spiral.
Keep posted and let me know how the higher fats foods experiment goes?
Good luck-Tracey
The weekends here now and i find it a struggle as im not as busy and out of the weekly routine so im gong to try really hard to stay on track and get a good weight loss on tuesdays weigh in.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Hi Everyone

Hey guys,

I hope you have room for one more un your group. My name is Andrea and I live in Ontario. I am 5'11 and currently weigh 187 pounds. My goal is to lose 35-40 pounds by Feb 14th 2011. I am 29 years old and have 2 kids aged 4 and 18 months. I think the biggest reason for my weight gain was the 2 pregnancies and eating foods that little kids like. I just joined fitday about 10 days ago and am already down 4 pounds. never realized how bad chicken fingers were for you until I read the box...lol. I am fairly active and think that the biggest contributor towards my weight loss success is going to be watching what I eat.

Thanks for reading and I will post again soon!

P.S. how do I get a siggy?
Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

hi and welcome to the forums xarinn. I also gained most of my weight in my pregnancies but just took so long to finally do something about it. Also eating all the kids leftovers on top of my own dinner didnt help. I wasnt happy back then and comfort ate til i thought id pop. Ive turned my life around now though big time and i dont recognise that person i was 5 years ago.
Isnt it a real eye-opener when you read the food labels???
Congratulations on the 10pounds lost so farand good luck with getting to goal!!!
ps.dont know about signatures....sorry
Old 09-17-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Ladies! I have not posted here for the longest time, but Tracey, when i saw you're back, i had to post! where have you been girl? welcome back!!!!!!
i truly missed you, hope you had a good summer and i am so glad that you're back on track again.
Andrea, welcome to you too! good for you you've got anearly start and i'm sure you'll lose the weight fairly quick. about the signature, if you click on user cp, on the top left corner of the screen, you get a bunch of controls there, edit signature is one of them, click on it and you'll be able to creat and later on modify your signature as you want.

even though i don't have 30 lbs to lose anymore, i think i was happier when i posted here, so with all your permission, i would like to come back here.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:59 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome xarinn! You'll love this group! I'm glad we are all doing well. Despite my first 3 stressful weeks of being back at school I did well this week. My first 2 weeks I saw no change. I worked hard (only on watching what I ate) this week. So, I dropped 1 pound! Hey! It's better than nothing or adding a pound. I'm hoping to do well next week. We have a town festival tomorrow so I am going to try to be as good as possible. It's the weekend.....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE! Just think of us and how we all have our goals! No giving up ladies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.