Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 09-01-2010, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Default Okay...what's up, here?

Yesterday 191 lbs, today 186 lbs. Apparently I was a walking water balloon.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

Roby

Sounds like a great start well done, water or not its a shift in the scales just keep focused and I hope you get where you want to be.

I was 170.8 yesterday and am 172 today, I am weighing every day for the first month or so as it really helped me stay on track previously, keeping check on myself. I realise scales can fluctuate daily and our bodies but generally speaking when Ive had a gain, I know the reason why. All I can say is in future when Im going out to eat, I need to plan better and be stronger and not let folk push food at me. I have to strengthen my will.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Man, you guys are brave..I have yet to step foot on a scale this month. Just don't want to be disappointed.
We have a contest going at work, which started on Aug. 23rd where we wear a pedometer every day and records our steps, then add them up at the end of the week. The contest is finished on Oct.3rd. My average is only in the high 2k's, unless on my days off then I really rack up the steps. I think we win some sort of prize at the end, but I'm just happy to see where I need to improve.
My next half marathon is Oct. 17th and I hope to shave a few minutes off of my last race which was 3:30.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

I am also new! I would also like to lose 30 pounds! I need support I am 44 years old and currently weighed in today at 186lbs. I would love to get to 155! I am looking for a support group if anyone is interested in helping me Problems for me right now are low energy, drive and motivation. I do feel like I am ready to get this thing going now! Any good advice on your first days? Things that worked to keep you motivated to not fall off the wagon? Anything you can do to help is much appreciated !

Last edited by mommasleep; 09-06-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Add content
Old 09-07-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Mommasleep

Hi Mommasleep,

It sounds like you and I are in the same boat. I am currently 186 and sould like to get down to about 160 or 165. Been at this "diet" for about a week. I've increased activity (like to walk) and have cut way back on unhealthy food, and calories in general. I have not lost any weight this last week.

I can definitely identify with you on the motivation issue. It is sooooo easy to just eat something I shouldn't and tell myself that either it won't matter, or I'll try harder tomorrow. I have found that keeping track of everything that I eat on this site is helping, along with thinking like someone dealing with an addiction--ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! :-)

If you would like, I'd love to be your weight loss buddy! Otherwise, it looks like there is a lot of support here on this thread.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

I am kinda new - been a member for a few months, but really just started using fitday last week. I am 35yo, approx 5'3 225lb - mini goal of losing 25lb, ultimate goal is losing 85.
My son & I have been walking 4 days a week before school/work and then I go to an aqua fitness class twice a week.
I've already lost 3 lbs since last Tuesday! Trying to keep it up!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys I fall into this category, its the inbetween one- not too much to lose, but enough for it to to be quite a big mountain to climb (down)

Ive gotta admit I havent braved the scales just yet- Im going to wait at least a week and rely on measurements instead. At this stage I think it would be discouraging to see numbers higher than I had originally thought...

But well done to all those doing so well! And dont get too discouraged those who are not seeing the results you deserve to see! Ive done this type of loss before and it is true that the scales are very inconsistent and dont relate very well to the effort put in! Its so frustrating at times... Hopefully we'll all get there in the end
Old 09-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Can I play, too? I've been a member here for a little while, but haven't really been steady in using all the stuff that's available. I'm starting the gym tonight!
Old 09-09-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just checking in....

Hi all,

Just checking in today. How's everyone doing? I'm having some luck changing my eating habits (eating more frequently, eating smaller portions, eating the right foods) and have lost 2 lbs in the last 2 days. I was trying a diet of about 1000 cals last week in hopes of jump starting my weight loss and didn't lose even a pound doing that! Yah, I was frustrated beyond belief. Isn't it funny how every person's body responds differently? I bumped up my calorie intake to about 1200-1400 and seem to be seeing some encouraging progress.

Best wishes to all,
Robyn
Old 09-09-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Long Time Member Needs 30lbs OFF

Hi, I have been a Fitday member for quite a long time. I wish there was a DT version for Mac! I recently gained 10lbs when I hurt my knee. I had a scope done, but now I have a Baker's Cyst and cannot do my walks anymore...thereby 10lbs crept up on me. Some of it is water weight from my swollen leg. I would be thrilled to lose 30lbs, get back to 150lbs, which is still overweight for my height, but not obese. I lost some lbs earlier this year using Fitday. I think it is a wonderful program.

Thank you thank you to whoever designed Fitday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.