Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

I'm new. I'm Kimberly and my goal is to lose 30lbs by Christmas. My husband will be starting Medifast this week to lose 50lbs by the same time. I will be doing my own thing... tracking my food and going to the gym. I injured my knee and have bursitis in my hip so the gym is slow going right now while I'm working with a physical therapist. I'm 5'8", 185lbs, the highest weight I've ever been. My husband loves my curves so I don't want to lose those but really want to be in shape to get pregnant in the next year. I also want to be a support to my husband while he loses weight. He's diabetic and used to work as a chef. We both love food but need to stop overeating. I'd love for him to get off of some of his medications due to the diabetes too. Hoping and praying! Thanks everyone.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Joining in

Hi all -- this looks like a good group!

I'm joining in as I get started (again) on this 25-30 pounds that HAS TO GO. I just took my measurements, and that's it, I'm mad enough to get going. I'm 56, so it goes off a lot harder, and I have never been this big. Can't wait to see it leaving.

I commit to 100 days of tracking and sticking with my calorie and exercise goals -- the book "100 Days of Weight Loss" gives a short journal topic for each day, and it looks like it will be helpful. Anyone else want to try it?

I won't make my journal public for now, but will post here on weigh-in days and track how many days I have kept with the 100-day goal. I like Fitday and hope it will help. I especially like the wide variety of exercise items -- makes it easier to track activity.

So -- thanks for being there!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a journaler by nature, windios, so I'll writing along with you in my own way.

Well, I jumped on the scale today and I've lost my first 5 pounds! Now I've lost these first 5 before but I want them to stay gone this time.

One thing I've noticed on fitday that I didn't notice on other online food tracking sites is that I'm not eating as many calories as I thought. 'Course I turned down the banana bread that someone brought into the office and I've sworn off fast food (the fast food unit I'm teaching right now might have something to do with that.) But I'm pleased. Cautiously pleased.

5 down, 25 to go!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Member

First couple of days going well -- I have kept track, and stayed within a good calorie range. I find the FitDay food catalogue to be sorely lacking, though. I have to put in every ingredient rather than being able to find "vegetable stir fry" or other things like that.

Too much sitting - all day meetings -- but will get some more exercise tomorrow. It has been a long one today, and I'll get a walk tonight, but not much more than that.

I hope everyone is doing great and keeping on track!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I'm new too. I agree with you on the whole food tracking thing. wish it were easier. I also am finding I'm not eating as many calories as I thought, turns out spinach and watermelon and other fruits and vegies I snack on don't have too many calories,so after I track my food online, I find that I have to eat something with more calories but still low in sugar. I am trying to eat 4oz protien 1/2 plate of vegies (carb) and one healthy fat (olive oil, avacados, walnuts, fish oil capsule, etc.) per meal. It is easy once you get used to it. good luck with your weightloss goals! : }
Old 08-26-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Egads, I fell off the wagon!

In a really bad way this past week. Well, not so horrible, but I haven't been to the gym in a while. Like, a week. A solid week.

That being said, I haven't upped my eating or anything, so the healthy food has stayed pretty stable. I still don't want to hop on the scale, though. I know it won't be good!

I don't see this weekend being any better: between Lady Gaga, after parties and a house warming, I'm going to be tempted with many, many unnecessary calories until Sunday.

But, on the plus side, I bought a puppy to help keep me active on the days I just don't feel like it. Ender won't be reasoned away from the leash because I had an off day at work. lol.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome everyone! It's so nice to see more people joining. I've been missing again for the past 2 weeks. I've been so busy that I don't even remember eating! That's bad because I know if I did eat it wasn't healthy foods! : ( Many of you have been encouraging me to stick with this.....I'M TRYING! I start work on Monday. It'll be the true test as I will be gone from 6:30 am to 7:00pm every day! I have to fit in family time and exercising after 7. This is going to be the tough part. Perhaps I will just have to find creative ways to exercise with my 17month old son. If any of you are teachers, you'll know that I even will have work to do before going to bed!

But, I am going to stay positive. Yes, tracking calories on here is difficult. I try to keep up with it as much as possible. Oh. since I'm a coffee drinker (mainly to fight off my lack of sleep when I go back to work) do any of you drink green tea (hot or cold)? I've thought about that in place of my coffee.

2 pounds heavier.......not good. I have a lot of work to do.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi There!

Welcome to all newbies and I'm glad see we're all tryint to stick with some program. I too would like to loose 30, or close to it, by Dec. Not sure if that's doable, but I do want to get as close to 30 as I can. I started working out in the water, to reduce pressure on my knees, and I love it! First I do 30 mins. of arm workout, with water weights, then I jog in the pool and swim by using a kick board. The entire routine takes me an hour and I feel great after that workout. Let's hope I keep it up!
Old 08-29-2010, 06:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hello all

Great to see so many people I can relate to with similar goals!

I am 172lbs and would absolutely love to get to around 140/147 for the new year, I said this last year and have just kept on yo yoing through eating and weight gain/loss. You know when you have had enough but run out of motivation, well that is me. I look back over the past couple of years and see what worked well for me and it seems that calorie counting was really good and pretty simple to follow. May try this again.

I was 147lbs two years ago and felt fab but have allowed the weight to creep on well no actually pile on, my weight goes on really quickly. I blamed a new job/stress and would love to learn how to beat all those triggers which send me on a slippery slope. The key for me two years ago was exercise at the same time as cutting out the rubbish food, exercise did me good in all sorts of ways. Any motivation/tips greatly appreciated. I tend to binge on crisp/choc right now and have got into this awful habit again.

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here--finally hit bottom and grabbin' the bootstraps!

Hi all,
I'm so happy to find this forum!!! I have finally reached the point where I MUST take control. I imagine you all know exactly what I'm talking about, or you wouldn't be on this forum.

I've had a tough last two years, and I just stopped exercising and eating right--not a great way to cope with adversity--and it's time to take my life back!

I stepped on the scale this AM and weighed 191 lbs and need to lose at least 30 pounds. I feel pretty comfortable and look good at about 160-165 lbs.

I look forward to getting to know all of you gals, and and eager to get started on my weight loss journey immediately.

Can any of you who have been working to lose weight for a while tell all of us new folks what your best advice would be?

Last edited by robynhoerr; 08-31-2010 at 04:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.