Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM
FitDay Member

Default Making some changes

Hi all forgot to post last night. Good news I weighed in yesterday and I'm down 2 lbs. Hooray, not only that but I'm actually starting to feel better, I still sleep late in the day cause Im up late at night but I don't have a problem getting up and working out. I still have a long way to go but I will take that 2 lb drop like its a 50 lbs drop . Congrats to everyone who had a great week, I think I ready where someone drop 10 lbs already. Congrats on that milestone. I see where I'm still dowing way to many carbs, but I'm working on that. I need to take my measurments so I can monitor that. I can tell that my exercise routine is getting a little easier. I still have shin splints so still not trying to run to much until I get that cleared up. But all is good in my world for right now. I had ice cream today after bible study, no particular reason just wanted it. I know I know I need to do better, but I just had to have it. Well all have a terrific week!

SW: 237.5
CW: 235.2
GW: 200 (for my height it saids 135, I feel great at 200, so we will work from there)
Old 07-14-2010, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

I have shin splint too. They suck and are putting a real damper in my workout. i went to the Dr. and he said ice them, massage them and take ibuprofen. I am trying to do that but I really just want to run. he said if i don't stay off of them then they wont heal and i will be at risk for stress fractures. Anyway, I hope they heal for you, and big congrats on your first week. Stay motivated. ice cream is okay too, so don't feel too bad about it. Just don't go overboard and eat the whole carton! i used to do that with ben and jerry's after a rough day. I love the flavor half baked, it is so good. I was a big carbs eater too. I am really starting to make strides in fixing that. I logged all my food yesterday and it showed me that I ate a 56% protein diet which was awesome. It felt really good to finally have a balanced food day.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Also, I wanted to share that I got on the scale today and the damn thing malfunctioned and told me that I weighed 188.8 which would have been a HUGE weight loss for a short time period. anyway, i figured it had screwed up and i re-took my weight and so far no change since last time. Too bad too because that 188.8 was looking great to me. Can't wait until I actually hit under the 190's.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone all of you sound really motivated so lets keep it up.
My weight didnt stay so good after my terrible eating binge but i had a really good weekend and ive done loads of exercise so im feeling better about it and ive shifted a couple of pounds that i had gained but im not letting it go back up. Ive got to be more consistent!!!!!
I went swimming on tuesday for 1hr 15mins and i was relly proud of myself. Ive been walking more long distance too. My kitchen is crammed with the fruit and veg and ive been lowering the carbs and adding more protein. It really helps me not feel as bloated so i seem to have much more energy.
Ive also remembered to love my body as it is at the moment and not to be so hard on myself. I realise that although i am a size 14 my body is healthy on the inside and i WILL get to my ideal weight soon. Compared to a year ago my body is much better than it was back then even if it isnt perfect!!
Ive learnt that the less pressure i put on myself the easier the weight comes off. As long as im keeping track on what food im eating and sticking to my allowance i can feel positive that it wont be long til i get to where i want to be. After all its as much of a lifestyle change as it is anything.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Starting weight- 235lbs
Current weight- 170lbs
Goal weight- 145lbs
Old 07-16-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!
well, i have lost 1.2 lbs last week, my current weight is 135 lbs!!! and i got only 10 more lbs to go!!!!!wow!!! honestly, i thought i was stuck at that huge weight for the rest of my life!
now, everyone is telling me that i have lost so much weight and i look really skinny!!!!! imagine me? skinny? the two don't go together. i'm still in overweight catagory, don't know why people are insisting i'm too skinny? well, i guess i'll never know.
Tracy Darling i'm so proud of you, your attitude and your progress. just remember to get enough protein, instead of carbs, you'll be full longer and it helps you lose weight a lot faster too. i usually keep my protein intake @40-45% and love it! see what works better for you!
good luck all
Old 07-16-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

I have a confession to make! last night my husband insisted that we take our 3 year to see Toy Story 3. Bad Idea, I gave in and ate the movie the movie theatre popcorn, buttered and all. Anyway long story short, i put back on a half pound. What a waste and it wasn't even that good! Ican't believe that after amonth of excersising I would givein to such a foolish temtation. It was all for nothing!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

I also have a confession to make.

Yesterday I had my day planned out. I was sapposed to clean the house, do laundry, have dinner done early, and then I was going to go on my 8 mile walk.

My boyfriend's mom called him and asked if we wanted to go to a BBQ. I was like yeah ok let's go. It was also a pool party. I can get some swim time in as excersize. We get there and my son is all over me (he's autistic) and he wouldn't let me put him down. He's scared of everything. I go in the pool with him and we look like a couple of baboons because he's hanging on me like a monkey. I couldn't get any swim time in. My son somehow grew roots that wouldn't let me go from my hip. I ended up eating all kinds of crap at the BBQ. Because I couldn't put him down to fix us a plate. Most horrible experience. My son was happy and he said he had a good time. Only because he got what he wanted the whole time. Being with me.

The only good thing is I stayed within my carorie budget. Bad thing, it was almost all carbs, Ugh.

I need to make up for that. Today I'm eating nothing but protein to even out.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

I am really confused and super disappointed. So, in my first month I lost about 12 pounds. i was super excited about that. However I have shin splints now and I am still working out but have had to change it up a little due to the discomfort. Anyway, I took ONE rest day, drank a ton of WATER and gained 3.5 pounds back. I figured that in the morning I would pee and be back to normal. Not how it worked. I don't know if I was that dehydrated that my body felt like holding onto the water or if I gained that much fat again. or if because it is almost that time of the month that the water is sticking around but will be gone soon.... I just don't know... I am really needing some explanation and encouragement to get me through this one. the weight gain has me stressed and the stress really makes me want to eat bread and noodles. HELP me OUT PLEASE!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 06:28 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, I'm now eating a bread roll! and RICE! AHHH!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

c'mon Roxy!!!!! you know better, of course you retain water during that time of the month! you need to eat a lot of calories to gain 3.5 lbs to be exact about 12250 calories. if you know you have not had that many extra calories, then you won't need to worry. also, salty food, make your body retain water as well. so give it time, it'll be out of your system!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.