Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 07-08-2010, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi All

Hey everyone, just checking in. Making sure to log my food choices, very high in carbs for the last few days. I also ate (packaged) chocolate chip cookies. My life is in a tailspin right now, I'm unemployed and in the mix of an employment lawsuit all while working on my dissertation. So I'm feeling really out of control right now and like my life is in everybody hands. At least that's how I feel, this is all in Gods hands and I need to let go and let God. I've gained 37 lbs since October 09 and I had lost 41 lbs the previous year. Took me about a nine months to get it all off, but i did it. If felt so good then to, wasn't skinny but I got to 199. I used to be a gymnast so I have a lot of muscles. My calves and thighs are full of muscle, but my thighs have gotten bigger on the fat side. I can tell cause they are rubbing together and that is the sign that lets me know I'm getting to big. I'm hoping it won't take that long to drop the weight this time, but i'm going to go slow. I haven't weighed since I began 2 weeks ago, so Monday is the big day for me. I'm not sleeping good at night because I'm up very late working on my paper and doing research. Usually get in the bed about 2:30 sometimes 3:30 am and then I sleep all day. Not good on the body at all, I don't recommend it. I do get up and workout but I'm feel sluggish after I get up. I'm not a good breakfast eater, so does anybody have any recommendations for a good breakfast. I like oatmeal but hits high in carbs!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

I have given some thought to the idea of having goal measurements. I really have a difficult time coming up with numbers for them though. I don't know what I was when I was happy with my body. I do know that my freshman year of high school when I was cheer leading and only weighed 142 pounds that my hips were 42 inches when I ordered my uniforms. I have naturally HUGE hips. I think it would be impossible to get them down to that size considering that I have now had two children and have grown 2 in. in height since then. I really just want to fit into a size 12. I was a size 10 when I was in the military 4 years ago, but I was busting my butt running and running and running. I would LOVE to be a 10 again, it is the smallest I have been in my adult life, and I felt beautiful. By the way I was a 164 pounds when I was a ten, and I didn't have any fat left to lose. I would be happy at a twelve though.
Old 07-09-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Roxyewp2010,

I'm prior service too!! Oh those were the days... lol.. Eat whatever you want, lose weight, PT 5x/week. Maybe they put something in the food? The best times were when I went away for month-long trainings and came back a size or two smaller. Thinking about it, the PT regime was stupefyingly easy... Warm ups (with jumping-jacks, pushups and situps), then 2-3 run days, and 2-3 MSE days. But, I hate pushups. I'll do 'em if I have to, but there were some days that I just kept thinking "embrace the suck" (especially in the rain, mud or snow). Hahaha.

You should have no prob then with your hip size. Taking off a couple inches is soo much better than trying to take 8" off. You probably have a ton of lean mass under your current layer of "curvy" weight. One of my overweight soldiers always used to tell me that "sexy weighs more than muscle". That would always crack me up (and then I would send her on a run).
Old 07-09-2010, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default gethlthy10

gethlthy10,

Buck up! You consumed too many carbs, but you noticed them and logged them. Get back on your diet, because it seems as if that is something you CAN control. (Kind of the same idea as depressed women drastically changing their hairstyle because it is something they can control.)

For your sleep, I recommend valerian root tea. It has a soft edge to it that doesn't leave you groggy in the morning. However, some people do find it strong, so you could also go with the Sleepytime Tea. I find that these knock me out completely and leave me feeling refreshed when I wake up.

Oh, also... Do yoga. Seriously. I'm not talking hot/bikram/power yoga. Just the simple, slow, breath hatha yoga. Great for improving concentration, focus, mood, and relieves stress. Tai Chi is also fun, but the groups usually meet at dawn (around here) to practice -- sooo not my bag. I wholeheartedly recommend Richard Hittleman's 28 Day Plan for Yoga (found at BN, Borders, Walden Books). It starts you off slow (3 poses) and progressively works you up. It's an oldie, but a goodie.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...SH20_OU01_.jpg

(From Amazon.com, go there for a preview.)

Breakfast ideas for energy?

1. All time fav - smoked salmon (with a dash of lemon juice) and cream cheese. You could also supplement with fresh cucumbers or zucchini. I used to have a whole ritual of it with a bagel, capers and cucumbers. But, I'm on Atkins now so I have to forgo the bagel, and I feel silly stuffing capers into these tiny (but filling) roll ups.

2. Eggs - hands down one of my new favs. If you're too lazy in the morning to cook, hard boil them the day before. Otherwise, enjoy them any which way. They're complete proteins alone -- with yolks. Supplement with meat or veggies.

3. "Yogurt surprise" - in a bowl, combine greek yogurt, slivered almonds/walnuts/mixed nuts, blueberries/raspberries/blackberries, and a bit of steel-cut oats (if you're missing your oatmeal).

4. Smoothies. Fav smoothie - protein powder, soy milk, flaxseed, almond butter, and frozen blueberries/cherries.

I've found that all of the above has completely satisfied and energized me. Watch out for your macro-nutrient breakdowns when you start changing and adding items though.

Enjoy!

Last edited by iceland77; 07-09-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 07-09-2010, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Howdy!

I was wondering if I can join this group? I want to lose 30lbs, and just started Atkins today. And thanks to this forum (I've gone posting crazy) I feel very motivated. I can do it!

I want to be 140lbs, 27lbs from where I am at now.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Iceland77

Thanks Iceland 77 for the information. I think I'm going to try the eggs for a while. I was doing that before and I'm really not a cooker so that an easy thing for me to do. I had another bad carb day, fried chicken, oh how I loved fried chicken, oh and some ritz crackers. I usually save my cheat day for the weekend. Im really surprised that I've kept up with my 5x week exercising. Currently going to the gym twice a week and the rest doing Leslie sansone 2 mile walking tape and Gilad bodies in motion tapes using weights. Trying to mix it up a little bit. I think I need to get another day at the gym, but I wanted to give my shin splits a break. I'm trying to do a little bit more running so I want to save my legs until Monday which is my normal gym day. Have a good weekend everyone.

Does anyone mind sharing their exercise routines?
Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

I run 1 mile every other day. Well, now I run it everyday, but for the first two weeks I ran every other day. now I want to do it, and it is starting to be eaiser. I am losing wiehgt for a couple of reasons though. I am my sisters matron of honor for her wedding on Oct. 23rd, and after that Iam going back into the military so the 1.5 mile timed run is a big thing for me. I also do a ton of crunches and push-ups. I do both untiol it hurts, and then I do 10 more. I think the push-ups are halting the weight loss and building muscle. It is toning my arms up though and I am geting significantly stronger.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone welcome to all the new members who have joined since i was last on. I havent logged in for a while because i have to top up my internet-its a pay as you go connection but when i have i will be back on everyday. Im using my partners connection at moment so i can see how everyone is getting on.
FARAH- you are absolutely right about my protein intake and last week i added more to my diet and i lost 3lbs. This was after my time of month so thats helped also.
I am having a bad weekend though-it was a friends party yesterday and i told myself that i wouldnt overdo but i gave in to all the homebaked cakes and scones and ended up eating and drinking more than i had planned. I have put back on those 3lbs!!!! I havent started well today either but im okay-im going to deal with it and get back on the wagon and do what i did last week and i should get it off. Im not letting it get to me like before. Im aware of where i went wrong and i know what i have to do to put it right. So heres to a good week ahead!!!!!
I finally bought a swimming costume so im going to the pool a few mornings a week starting tuesday to give my body a new form of exercise. Im really looking forward to it so here goes.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies,

I'm a bit disappointed and not sure what caused me to lose only 1 lb in almost a month. But I am getting over my monthly visitor, ugh. It also could be my body gaining muscle. I'm walking 8 miles 3 times a week. I'm still eating good.

I think I'm going to have to add swimming to my routine at least once a week. Just have to get with some friends to see if they have access to a pool.

It could of been worse. At least the scale is going down. I'm going to measure myself and see if I'm still losing inches then the muscle part would make sense.

Wish me luck.

::nervous::

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 07-11-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

I cant believe what my scales said today when i stood on them. I have eaten so much rubbish over the weekend i was prepared for a huge gain and instead i lost - 11st 13lbs is what it said!!!!
Last Wednesday i was 12stone with a great loss of 3lbs after a really good week. But Friday,Saturday, Sunday all i did was eat and drink everything that was bad for me. On Sunday morning i was 12st 3lbs again and so today i expected another couple of pounds to be added but hey im not complaining!!
The only thing i can think of is i have done so much walking. On Saturday i went to a friends garden cake party and walked there and back-thats 30mins each way. I walk the school run 4 times a day- 20mins each time. Today i was very good and went for my first smear test and walked to the doctors and back home and that was 45 mins there and 45 mins back uphill.
I just didnt think that walking would burn many calories. When i think about it though although i have eaten alot,my meals have been low fat.
Im not getting too excited because the damage might not have had chance to hit the scales yet!! Im back on the straight and narrow as from this morning and im going to the pool for a swim tomorrow and i will be walking there and back too.
Well the numbers are keeping me motivated and im not weighing myself until my personal weigh day on Wednesday so heres hoping there isnt much change unless its going down some more!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.