Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 06-28-2010, 04:11 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Hi All

Hi Everyone, I'm new here just registered today. I used to be on this site a while back but switched to the daily plate, but its very slow. So lets see. I'm 47, 5' 2" and 237 lbs. I lost 41 lbs last year getting down to 199 and ofter being laid off in October of 2009 I started to gain it all back. This weight is not good for my body, I'm sluggish, tired all the time and I just feel icky. I've been a little depressed since the job loss, hurt my back and went on a regiment of steriods and the weight just starting coming back from there. I have so many excuses for why I gained the weight back that this forum isn't big enough. But anyway, I'm back to work, I need to keep moving forward. Not having a job has been stressful on me, but it has not been the end of the world for me and my family. When I worked I was seeing a dietician so that helped alot with the weight loss, but when I lost my job my medical went away and so did seeing the dietician.

My goals is to lose the 37 lbs I now carry on my body. I went to the gym today and worked out for an hour and half which is what I used to do before I got lazy. I also used to walk the track for two miles at my local high school. I just quit everything a few months ago. So here I am, just trying to pull it together again. Wish everyone much success!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome gethlthy10!!!! We are all in this together so always keep posting how your feeling good or bad and we are here for you!
I was doing good yesterday and was still better than i have been over the past fortnight. Although i did allow myself a couple of biscuits with a cup of tea while watching tv late last night. But 2 is ok as long as its not the whole packet and its within my allowance.
While the kids and fiance had homemade lean burgers i had a low fat mushroom omelette which i really enjoyed. Nice to add different things to my diet so i dont get bored. Im now going to buy a new food every week to add to my diet!
I made myself have cereal for breakfast this morning which i rarely have-only because once i start eating i dont stop so i usually eat later in the day. This is probably why i get the cravings late evening so im trying to eat a bit more through the day! We will see how it works out tonight.
Have good day everyone!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

gethlthy10 - welcome! It is nice being here. I've only been a member for almost a month and it's so positive! It certainly has helped me. I've struggled for almost 10 years now to get off my weight that has been gradually adding up. I'm on the right path and the support here is amazing. I wish you luck!
Old 06-30-2010, 02:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Its very much appreciated!
Old 07-01-2010, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Can anyone help? I have been walking on my treadmill and the time and calories burned are different between this web site and my machine. How do I put that down for activities?
Old 07-01-2010, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Talking newbie here

Good afternoon ladies!

I'm a newbie to this site and I just started Atkin's yesterday. The reason?? Well, after reviewing some photos from last weekend's shindig, I noticed how uncomfortably big I've become. Jeez, the last time I was this big was perhaps sophomore year in college. I'm 5'4.5" (yes, that extra half inch counts!), 28yrs old, 168 lbs, and a size 10 (maybe a 12.... I'm absolutely refusing to go up a size). Hahaa. I usually carry my weight well, but those pics were damaging -- now I definitely look my weight.

Any way, I love this thread and the posters on it. You gals are amazing! Please let me join. I have about 30-35 lbs to take off. All I know is that I want to be back to a size 4 (I was about 136lbs). I loved being a size 4; plus, I was uber-healthy. All the cute clothes on sales-racks were a size 4, since it seems people prefer being either a size 6 or are trying to get to a size 2.

So, here's my first posting of stats:

1/7/10: 168/size 10 (or 12)
Goal: 136/size 4

p.s. One good thing about being at this weight, is that you burn calories faster when working out. lol. Just trying to keep it positive.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mshacka
Can anyone help? I have been walking on my treadmill and the time and calories burned are different between this web site and my machine. How do I put that down for activities?
I would most likely go by what the treadmill says. Here on fitday its kind of hard to determine if I walked 3.0 mph or walked for excersize. LOL!!! I don't know the difference. So I just use the 3.0 mph.

Whatever the treadmill says on the calories try to add or minus 10 extra minutes until its almost exactly the same. Its the calories burned that counts. Not the time it took.

That's what I would do.

Last edited by vickytoria3112; 07-01-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mshacka
Hey Ladies, I started fitday.com yesterday. I have been walking 5 miles a day and weight training 3 times a week and yoga 1 day a week. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now and I haven't seen any change. Friend told me to go on here and check it out. I see I am supposed to eat less then I have been. I thought I was eating better but I guess not good enough. I will try this out and see if it helps. I weigh 169 lbs and am only 5 foot 1. Is there a place on here for menus or meal plans? I cook real well so keeping my cals under 1000 is going to be hard. Do any of you really put showering as an activity?
MsShacka,

You shouldn't push your caloric intake so low. Your body may go into starvation mode and you will still end up as you are now, stuck. I would recommend ( I'm no expert so don't hold me accountable ) 1500 calories a day (since your so active or maybe even more) and try to eat every 2 hours. Your metabolism will shoot up and you'll start noticing the weight coming off again. But, it has to be healthy, small portions of food, try not to drink sodas. Eliminating sodas helped me lose 5 LBS in 1 week and I wasn't even exercising.

Good luck.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Dear Friends!!!!
ok, time to post my weight for this week, i did so well, i have dropped 2.4lbs this week. it's been 2 weeks since i have started using my bootcamp DVDs by billy blanks, i had them for years and never got passed mission one, but i have asked them for the workout sch and been following it for 2 weeks and am amazed by the result!!!!!! hope you all have excellent results this week as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

thanks, I have quit drinking diet or reg. soda for about 3 weeks now. I am down to 1 cup of coffee a day too. I have seen the scale moving!!!This time in the right direction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.