Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 06-23-2010, 12:52 PM
FitDay Member

Yay, kelly! I love your positivity in all caps. =) Hope you're feeling better soon! Good soft foods: greek yogurt, applesauce, smoothies with protein powder, frozen fruit, and 100% juice, mashed sweet potato, cottage cheese... lots of options besides ice cream. =) What is Insanity? I haven't heard of that before. I'm a teacher, too! However, my school is year-round so we're still in session. You can and will stick with this...you can do it! Enjoy the start of your summer!!!

How's everyone else doing? Have a great day!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

I joined Fit Day a little over a week ago. After the first week I got on the scale, and was very disapointed to learn that I had gained 0.8 lbs. I have been running every other day and have made a much more conscience effort to watch what I eat. I have consumed more raw fruits and vegetables in the last 10 days then I have in thewhole last year . I have given up the large portions of pasta I dearly love and swapped it for loads of chicken, grilled chicken. I have also denied myself the wonderful right to put cheeese on anything and drastically cut yogurt and milk for other alcium rich foods like spinach. Despite the 0.8lb weight gain I stuck with it. Today I got back on the scale and I have officially lost my first three pounds. I am at an even 200 and the next time I get on here I should be below that mark which feels amazing. The last time I was below 200 I had just given birth to my daughter who is now 3 years old. Although I haven't seen a difference in the way my clothes fit yet, I am looking forward to seeing that change!
Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

hello my dear friends!
so happy here! finally under 140 lbs!!!!!! this is such a good feeling! and i wonder when it feels so good to be under 140, what am i going to do when i get under 130 lb?????
Old 06-25-2010, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by farahb7
hello my dear friends!
so happy here! finally under 140 lbs!!!!!! this is such a good feeling! and i wonder when it feels so good to be under 140, what am i going to do when i get under 130 lb?????
Farah good job hun. I'm so proud of you. I haven't weighed myself yet because I'm kind of scared of the scale. But I do weigh myself once a month because I know within the month I have to lose something, even if it's 1 pound. LOL!!!

Congrats! Keep it up.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vickytoria3112
Farah good job hun. I'm so proud of you. I haven't weighed myself yet because I'm kind of scared of the scale. But I do weigh myself once a month because I know within the month I have to lose something, even if it's 1 pound. LOL!!!

Congrats! Keep it up.
I know how you feel ... I tend to weigh myself every 2 weeks - as I'm not a fan of my scale either ... always worried that I didn't "Pee" enough that day or something stupid like that ...

Shawn
Old 06-25-2010, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome work, farah!!! That's so exciting!!! Are you doing something fun to celebrate? Just keep plugging along...120's will be here before you know it! =) Congrats!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you vickytoria and fletch!!! this is such a good feeling, better than any celebration, but still to make it official, i did some shopping too!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

Farah - WONDERFUL JOB! It's gets me excited to hear other great stories. I lost 2 pounds this week because I had to cut my food intake - stupid wisdom teeth but yay for the 2 lbs! : )

Fletch - thanks so much. That's awesome you're a teacher too. I think we will eventually go to year-round schooling as well. I will have to try some of your suggestions. I have a picnic today so I know that I get to rule out all of the potato chips and unhealthy snacks that are too hard to chew! : )

Have a good weekend all! Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 06-28-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladies, I started fitday.com yesterday. I have been walking 5 miles a day and weight training 3 times a week and yoga 1 day a week. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now and I haven't seen any change. Friend told me to go on here and check it out. I see I am supposed to eat less then I have been. I thought I was eating better but I guess not good enough. I will try this out and see if it helps. I weigh 169 lbs and am only 5 foot 1. Is there a place on here for menus or meal plans? I cook real well so keeping my cals under 1000 is going to be hard. Do any of you really put showering as an activity?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Welcome MSHACKA!
Well done KELLYKELLY-2LBS is great!
FARAH way to go!! You totally deserve the success and with your motivation you will keep going forward. So pleased for you.
Ive not posted for a bit ive been down in the dumps as you will see from my new thread but that horrible moment is now behind me thanks to fitday and my very supportive fiance. Im back on the straight and narrow and hoping for success. I havent stepped on the scales because i knew by how i felt id gained so im waiting til Wednesday to see how ive done.
Today ive stayed in my allowance so i am feeling more positive just got to keep it up and stay focused on getting to goal. I WILL!!!!!!!!
Im vowing to start exercising more to help me tone up as i shift my last 2 stone. There no excuse- i have wii fit and the british summertime is supposedly here so i can get out more while the kids are at school.
Come on Tuesday im ready to tackle another day the same i have today!
Hope everyone else is doing well and had a good weekend
Tracey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.