Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Question Knock knock

Hi an i join this great group?
Im 25 years old and i weigh 172lbs and i want to reach 150lbs.
Love the support on fitday- id really like to help others with any thing i learn. Doing weightwatchers points plan but i do it at home without the weigh ins and meetings- i just use my trusty scales. So far lost 3 stone but really want to reach my goal as ive been struggling to lose anything since january.
All changed this week though fitdays support has helped me shed 3lbs this week!!!!!!
At last my determination is back and this time its not going anywhere!
Old 05-07-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Question

Hello All, and welcome Tracy!

well, it's my week 3 weigh in time, and i'm kind of disappointed. i just dropped 1 lb since last week. i know it's better than gaining the lb, but dropping 1lb only after watching carefully what i eat is not fun. i'm also on the third day of my monthly cycle, do you think that has anything with not drppong the weight this week?
i know, i'm not GOING TO GIVE UP!!!! i'll try hard and harder until i get where i need to be, but i think i need some encouragement or direction here.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Hi!

Hi all! My name's Sarah. I'm 25 and have finally decided to try and drop some of the weight I gained since I got married. I'm at 172lbs now, aiming for 140lbs - Fingers crossed my willpower holds out!

This site is fab, loads of really helpful things (it's shocking how easy it is to avoid crisps now that I know I'd have to write it down if I ate any!) - hoping to get to know some other people who are dieting too for moral support though

Sarah x
Old 05-07-2010, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

farahb - hang in there! all weight loss is good weight loss - remember - it all adds up. and i bet it has everything to do with your cycle, your body's probably retaining a bunch of water. i know that during my cycle, i tend to gain 1-2 lbs in water weight. just remember - it's just water weight. you'll be back down next week.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Farah thanks for your welcome. Just a note to say i have the same problem when its that time of month. I tend to carry probably 2-3lbs in the week im due but at the end of the period it steadys itself. Just stick with what your doing and it will soon come off. Usually find you might lose a little more next week. Dont forget 1lb is still 1lb and it all adds up. GOOD LUCK
Old 05-07-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Thank You Kathryn! i do hope it's just the water retention and it will go away too, but it's disappointing to see the number.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Sarah, and welcome!

Congratulations on your decision to lose weight - we're all in the same boat here, so hop on in!

I also am finding that just the knowledge that I will need to write it down keeps me from eating some things I don't need (of course, I could choose not to write it down, but who would I be cheating then?) It's also educating me about the caloric and nutritional content of the stuff I eat, so I can make informed choices moving forward. For example, I love all juices, but tomato juice is a much better choice for weight loss than apple or orange juice, with 1/3 the calories.

Anyway, good luck and check in with us here! Have a great weekend!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 PM
FitDay Member

Post HEEEEELP Im New..and I really really need MOTIVATION!

Hello I just joined..and this club looks like its whats best for me...You guys are sooo motivating..which is what I need..Im currently 175lbs and my goal is 140lbs Ive just had my first child and want to lose the "baby weight"<--
Old 05-09-2010, 07:36 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Hello!

I am new to this website and very excited at the prospect of losing weight/becoming more healthy! I am 26 yo, and currently weight in at 156 lbs. My goal is to reach 125lbs. I have 31 lbs to lose.

How do I join your support group? Sorry, I haven't learned my way around the website quite yet...

Last edited by Tigerny16; 05-09-2010 at 07:40 AM. Reason: weight tracker
Old 05-09-2010, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

hello all and welcome to all the new members!
seems our family is getting bigger and bigger, isn't it beautiful?
tigerney 16, you wanted to know how to join? guess what you already have!!!! just remember to log in whatever food you take for the day, pay attention to carb/protein/fat ratio, read other members posts and see what has worked for people and get what you need to help you set and acheive your goal. along the way, if you have any question or comment, post it and you will get answers, suggestions, advise from other members. good luck to all on your weight loss journey!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.