Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-25-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Thanks, guys... I still feel like a big jerk, though.
you're not. you're a good mom. and you raised a daughter who obviously exercised good judment. you can't know everything. big hugs to you.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Belated happy birthday, Ann.

Wowgirl, I believe George Bernard Shaw was asexual.

Cassie, I just want to send a hug of encouragement. I have faith in you.

Man this site has been so active and I have been BT - beyond Tired. Maybe it is going around. I keep thinking of Madeline Kahn sainging I'm Tired in Blazing Saddles - it could be my theme song; except for being with so many men part!!! Ok maybe just the title of the song is my theme.

Rose when I was in Scotland the food was SCARY (no offense to Scottish people please.) I mean haggis? I couldn't even think of it much less eat it... Let's just say it's no Mike's rum cake....

By the way I love the dammit doll..could I get a case of em and use em as holiday presents....

1600 calories max, 1680, 1396, 1460
2) 64 oz water (I'm a water wimp), 56,40, ?
3) walk/gym 3/4 x, long walk in forest, no, looooong walk with DD
4) stretch -yes, yes, yes
5) 4-5 fruits/veg- yes, yes, yes
6) meditate- yes, yes, yes
7) try to stay calm and centered- NO in a big way and I have a guilt hangover, can't seem to control those negative emotions, I get swept away, yes, yes
8) serious writing minimum 2 hours daily- yeah, research but I'm counting that as yes; no - helping my DD with bf issues, also had guests in house

Last edited by canary52; 08-25-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default The Dammit Doll Poem.

Believe it or not there is an online Dammit Doll store. The one my mom has was homemade and has a longer poem on it. But apparently canary, you CAN buy a case of them in either female or male, they even come in different flavors, road rage, PMS, menopause, etc etc or you can get a custom made model for your own specific brand of rage. Here's some of the poems:

When you want to kick the desk or throw the phone and shout,
Here's a little dammit doll you cannot do without,
Just grasp it firmly by the legs, and find a place to slam it,
And as you whack it's stuffing out, yell,
dammit, dammit, dammit!

Original Poem
----------------------------
When you want to climb the wall,
And stand right up and shout.
There's a little Dammit doll
You cannot do without.

Just grasp it firmly by the legs,
And find a place to slam it.
And as you whack the stuffing out
Yell Dammit, Dammit, Dammit!

If Dammit's not a word you say
Then twist its little neck
And grumble out repeatedly
Oh Heck, Oh Heck, Oh Heck!

Last edited by almeeker; 08-25-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:08 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, I'm so far behind on the posts. Will just have to skim again.

Was glad to be 1 1/2 lbs. down on the scale today.

Amy, LOL on the SF chocolate candy. I got a tip from a book Cassie recommended (Mindless Eating by Brian Wansink, PHD) about plating everything, even snacks, and presenting it in such a way that it looks like more. I use a very small appetizer plate and cut each chocolate miniature into six pieces, eat them very slowly by letting each piece melt on my tongue. I'm good about doing that MOST of the time--one day a few weeks ago I had five in one day. Getting up at 4:40AM! GULP! More power to ya, lady. I'm not disciplined enough for that. I'll be getting up at 6:30AM on school days.

Quinn, we all make parenting mistakes--none of us is perfect. I apologized to my live in GD today over my getting bit*hy with her due to her insisting I make a decision about something right then when I kept telling her I needed to concentrate on driving and we'd discuss it when we got home--we were only 3 minutes from home. Normally it wouldn't have been any trouble to discuss it while I was driving--but I was in a bad mood due to something entirely different that I brought on myself and she was an easy target at whom to vent frustration. I certainly had the right to tell her we'd discuss it at home, but there was no reason for me to snipe at her. She will be only 17 next month but accepted my apology and explanation because she appreciated my honesty. I'll bet your daughter understood your mistake was made out of love and her best interest. Your mistake was just because you didn't know what a great job you had already done in parenting her. Give yourself a break. Oh, yum, I can't eat it but split pea is one of my favorite soups. Great that you're on target for your weight loss!

Rose, I hope you are able to make some new friends soon! That'll make so much difference. Big hug to ya!

April, LOL on falling asleep during exercise! Aw, such a nice compliment from your son. I doubt he'd say that if he didn't mean it.

Cassie, congrats on that 5 miles this morning. I haven't exercised yet--maybe I can get live-in GD to go to the Y with me tonight--if not I'll go alone. You make perfectly good sense. White knuckling it isn't good for a sensible eating lifestyle anyway--needs to be even-keeled in my book to be successful. A feeling of deprivation leads to failure for me.

Gotta take 10 year old GD to the dentist tomorrow to get a spacer put in and then pick up live-in GD's boyfriend to spend the day here and then in the evening DH and I are double-dating with them at an Italian restaurant. No prob for me--on the menu is a delicious meal for low carbers--a wonderful, crisp tossed salad and meatballs in a no sugar added marinara sauce.

Last edited by Mern; 08-25-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Report

Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES
64 oz. water 80, 58, 92
Calorie limit 1600 1368, 1452, 1432
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24.5, 38.1, just 12.2 to make up for Tuesday
5 servings veggies/fruits per day 6, 5, 3
Saturated fat limit 12% of total calories 12%, 10%, 11%
Cholesterol average 300mg per day 204, 135, 249
Track protein grams and %: 120g or 37%, 103g or 29%, 133g or 39%
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 2, 2, 2
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniature chocolates per day 0, 3, 2
Vitamin D & Fish oil daily YES, YES, YES

Last edited by Mern; 08-25-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Quinn. Forgot to say that I am a Packers fan, I even have a picture of me with a cheese on my head that my friend in Texas gave me when I was over. (he was English so had no Cowboy affiliation. I watch them when I can on our sports channel, and no matter who is playing we have a Superbowl party.

I was late getting up this morning and raced out without my weigh in but I will post it tomorrow.
WOOHOO!! A fellow Cheese Head!!! How cool is that!
Old 08-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, very nice on the "make up" carb day yesterday! Hope all went well with the bloodwork, and I'm sure you were glad to see that scale number today .

Hope, thanks for the hug. I can use it! Saw your first post there to Quinn and wondered if you were channeling ee cummings...

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-25-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Mtlgirl, thanks for the encouragement, don’t let the weather get you down! Aside from randomly meeting people, there are other ways. I’ve used meetup.com before myself, and I’m sure if you look around there are people that share interests with you living close by. Even see if your co-workers go out for drinks on a Friday after work and tag along, I’m sure before long you’ll have a nice group of people to call friends.

April, it’s great that you’re getting the exercise in even though you’re that tired, good work!

Almeeker, that’s one thing I’m not good at –waking up early. Kudos for you getting into ‘school mode’ early!

Ann, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And grats on the one scoop of ice-cream!

Cassie, great work on the run!

Hope, yeah, there are a few famous Asexy people. My fav is Morrissey, cause I’m a fan of The Smiths. It’s also getting some recognition in pop culture, namely Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory, as well as The Doctor from Doctor Who (I kinda dispute this one with the new series, but apparently in the old show he was. /shrug).
Your stats are looking good, hang in there!

Mern, enjoy the salad, stats looking nice and green.

So tired this morning, not sure why, yet I still got to work half an hour early, even with a massive sleep in! Coffee, coffee, coffee for me, thank goodness it’s Friday!
Sorry if I missed replying to anyone, have an awesome day everyone! /hug
Old 08-25-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wowgirl88
So tired this morning, not sure why, yet I still got to work half an hour early, even with a massive sleep in! Coffee, coffee, coffee for me, thank goodness it’s Friday!
I hate to break this to you, but it's um Thursday. Oh wait, it is Friday where you are, nevermind.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Haha, yeah, well, you're not the one who's "motivational week" starts on Tuesdays! :P
I can be dense sometimes, and took me a minute to work out why you were saying Monday on Tuesday the first time I came here. /headdesk.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.