Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Old 08-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/22

Morning, Everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are ready to start a new week feeling strong! I desperately need this today, so here goes!

1. Stay below 1300 cals/day.
2. Eat clean.
3. Reasonably balance pie chart.
4. Eat 25 g fiber daily, at least.
5. Exercise 7 times.
6. Take vitamins.
7. Journal before eating anything that's not a meal.
8. Weigh in daily no matter how much it hurts.
9. 72 oz. water daily.
10. Do shoulder & elbow PT exercises.
11. Get in bed by midnight!

12. Call liability insurance re:canceling policy.
13. Complete 4 additional location forms.
14. Call to have computer fixed.

Have a great day, everyone!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-22-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Well my scale wasn't so nice this morning. I'm up 1 pound to 171.6! I hope that b/c I started breakfast at 3am, and I normally weigh on an empty stomach. Who knows? Any way that means that I have to drop 2.6 this week to hit my goal of 169 by August 29th. I don't see that happening but I'm going to give it hell, although I plan on enjoying the rest of my cheat day today. Cassie, #9? Tisk, tisk, tisk, just kidding.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

I am SO in! I ate my way through the entire weekend and feel disgusting! I can't even think of a bad food that even sounds good anymore because I think I ate them all already.

Time to pull up the big girl panties and get motivated! I will not slack off this week!!!

1. Calories around 1200.
2. Walk nightly, weather permitting.
3. 64-96 oz. of water a day.
4. NO BREAD FOR ONE WEEK!
5. Grade your food choices for the day... be honest!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

I need this as well! I did very well tracking foods and controlling my portions and then went coo coo over the weekend. Not going to weigh until tomorrow, I don't want to ruin my Monday. Goals for this week, stay focused, track everything, take care of myself, and get budget and menu figured out.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Mike,

Packers and the Saints September 9th, Buddy!!! It's going to be a good one!
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hey Mike,

Packers and the Saints September 9th, Buddy!!! It's going to be a good one!
Not if the Saints continue to play as they have been. I think it's the 8th. I predict that it will be 24-21, Packers on top. Statistically the Saints will lose. I think the recent Superbowl winners always win the opening game when they are playing at home.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-22-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, it's only because I'm switching to another company for coverage.

Long story, but I'm joining a friend's practice one day a week and to make things easier, I am going with the company they use so I will be covered for the people I supervise there, and there's no reason for double coverage.

Thanks, Quinn...I forgot about the water. Need to go back and put that in.

I need to pick your brain about trails. We're going to start taking more advantage of doing that as opposed to walking through the neighborhood in anticipation of it cooling down some. Do you recommend any particular type of shoe? And what's the best way to make it a good workout? It seems to destroy the serenity to walk fast. Should I find more strenuous trails, or wear a pack? Stop every few hundred feet for some jumping jacks? It seems to be such good exercise for you; what's your advice?
Old 08-22-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Dlw, glad you joined us.

Not that "misery loves company" but I'm glad to have companions who need to start fresh today.

I have a blood test Thursday to monitor my blood sugar and to see how well my first 12 week attempt to reduce high cholesterol and high triglycerides through diet alone is working. I've been under my 25g carb limit and under my 300mg cholesterol target the whole 12 weeks. Saturated fat has been between 12 & 13% of total calories with a target of 12%. I'm really looking forward to my followup appointment Sept. 1 to get the test results. Am expecting my blood sugar to still be in the normal range (still down from pre-diabetic) and triglycerides and cholesterol numbers to be much improved.

This week's goals same as usual, but I'm going to TRY really hard to be GREEN all week.

Exercise 5 days
64 oz. water
Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
5 servings veggies/fruits per day
Saturated fat limit 12% of total calories
Cholesterol limit 300mg
Track protein grams and %
Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day
Sugar free candy limit 2 miniature chocolates per day
Vitamin D & Fish oil daily

Last edited by Mern; 08-22-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Well got myself some new running shoes last night and was going to try them out. But decided to eat some crappy food instead. At least I got off my butt and primed the bathroom I have been working on. But back at work today and will be working out at the gym on my lunch break. Hope everyone has a good Monday and stays on track!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie,

My area is pretty mountainous, so our trails alone can provide a great cardio workout. If you are walking a flatter trail, I like to include a small weighted pack... a bottle of wine and lunch are a good start... just kidding! Trails should increase your heart rate to the same point at which you're comfortable running, etc. So, until you can figure that out, a heart rate monitor is a good idea at first.

Regular running shoes are not a good idea unless the trails are simple nature walks. I use trail hikers with ankle support in the Spring and Fall because muddy or wet conditions, in my area, could mean a 200 ft. fall! And a twisted ankle 4 miles from your car is never a good thing. In the summer when it's hot and dry, I use a trail shoe (like a light-weight running shoe with a moderately cleated bottom).

The trails that I enjoy the most are pretty rugged... lots of rocks to climb over, fallen trees, creeks and steep inclines which is where my workout comes in. If your region is flatter, you'll have to increase your distance or weight your pack. Once you get going, and the weather cools, you'll love the peacefulness it can provide. There's nothing quite like it.

...and remember... good socks!!!

Once I get you trail hiking, you can take a ride up here in the winter and I'll get you on my aluminum snow shoes... they're a killer!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.