Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default Planning ahead is key...

We all know that when you plan ahead, your chance for success is greater. Well I failed to plan ahead. I knew that today was going to be my cheat day, and I've been craving a rum cake for the past few days and I didn't have the time to make it... I didn't plan ahead. So now I'm planning ahead, next cheat day I will make me a damn rum cake. I will find the time to have it ready for me. So now, since I failed to plan ahead, I must think about it for the next week. I may make it the night before and have it for breakfast, so while y'all are having eggs, tomatoes, broccoli, oatmeal, whatever for breakfast I'll be licking the rum glaze off of the bottom of my plate.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

You are SO BAD. But I wish I could taste that rum cake! Rum in ANYTHING is delicious. Yum! Enjoy!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:02 PM
FitDay Member

I did it, made it through the entire week, logged everything, even if I didn't want to see it. Very proud of myself I have to say!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Can't you just see him with his chin all covered with glaze and crumbs? He'll probably post a picture, too, just because he can.

All that pepper talk made me hungry! Sadly, today was so crazy that I wasn't cooking dinner till 8 PM, and went with the quickest thing I could find, no peppers here.

Thanks to those who asked; the boy's first day of school was pretty good. Some good, some bad...apparently the Social Studies teacher is the devil and he is the only freshman in his math class; however, he has friends in his other 3 classes, had someone to eat lunch with, and found his bus at the end of the day. And no upperclassmen told him his classes were on the roof.

Will check in with goal later; still working on the water .
Old 08-15-2011, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

I decided that today I was going to make a "donation" to the IRS and the state of Louisiana. I was nice enough to give them SOB's a nice chunk of $$. They almost got more but I wasn't feeling THAT generous. Can I count that as a good deed? J/K.

Mern, I can't wait.

dw, good job on making it through week one, was an an eye opener?

Cassie, I'm glad his 1st day went well. You know I just may post pics.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

dlw1464, congrats to ya! You did a great job and have every right to be proud of yourself.

Cassie, I have no doubt Mike will rub it in when he eats that cake. LOL Glad the boy's first day turned out more smoothly than you anticipated. Wow, he's advanced in math, eh? Wonderful! Oh, crud--I forgot all about water today! I'll bet I didn't even have 24 oz. Didn't exercise as I promised, either. I've been yawning and eyelids heavy for the past hour--forcing myself to stay awake just so I could watch Master Chef. Going to bed as soon as I submit this post.

Goodnight, everyone.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

dlw1464, you're better than I. Once it gets ugly, I tend to "forget" about the log. It's not a good way to do it; I've gotta work on that.

Mike, what a generous soul you are to contribute money to the government! I totally, totally forgot my quarterly payment in July, but I probably overestimated the first two payments this year, so I hope I'm ok. At least ok enough not to get sent to jail. I wonder if Mary has experience with tax dodgers; she could get me out when she comes back from Disney.

Mern, I do that, too...fight off sleep if it's something I'm interested in. It's a struggle sometimes! Yes, our district does math really stupidly. Instead of going more in depth with the advanced students, they just accelerate the curriculum and do a year and a half in a year's time beginning in middle school, so at this point the kid is halfway through tenth grade math. There are others in the same situation, but they must either have it at a different time of day or are scheduled for it in the second semester. All in all, though, he did not get made fun of or picked on, but he was undoubtedly the smallest person anywhere today.

The really cool part about his social studies class is that they are starting off the year reading Fast Food Nation. It will be an eye-opener for him, I'm sure...OMG, my meat child may become a vegetarian!!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, this was my 1st pmt for the year. I tend to forget about them, yeah maybe Mary can helps us out.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default Check in:

1. Calories 1200 max. 1187
2. Balance pie chart. A-
3. 64 oz. water, at least. Yes
4. 25 g fiber, at least. 26
5. Log absolutely everything. Yes
6. Exercise 7 times. None today
7. Use journal to log thoughts/feelings/reasons for eating and assess choices. Not today

Well, today was crazy and I'm beat. I had lunch with a friend today and we ended up at Mexican , but I got lucky and found a big bowl of chicken, rice, and veggie soup, so I had that. Now I just need to continue to stay on track. Hope y'all had a great day today!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-16-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day):no
2) 3250 calories deficient for the week:+463(oops, went back for more pizza )
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
5) walk 10 miles with one walk being at least 6 miles: 2.92
6) gallon of water a day: yes
7) work out 3 times: no
9) daily:
fish oil yes
vitamin yes
floss yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) no (1)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-16-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.