Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/15/2011

Old 08-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Thought about you, Quinn and Mike; we just got in from a 3-mile trail hike. Kept it close, just went to the park system right down the road, but we usually just do the neighborhood when it's me and the hubby. It started to rain a bit, but being in the woods definitely kept it cooler, which was good. I never know if I get a good workout doing trails bcs I can't keep my normal walking pace. But on the other hand, it works well for Quinn to keep her in shape. Given that I'm not real experienced at it, I guess I should go back to the heart rate monitor to figure out what kind of burn I get. Time to feed the masses and hopefully work with the weights later tonight.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 08-21-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

We just finished dinner and I'm only 70 calories over my budget of 1,500 for the day. Could have been much worse considering I was over at mom & dad's house today. I always grab food when I'm there, today it was a peach, a nectarine and a WW Giant Fudge Bar from the freezer. I didn't even look at the calories of that bad boy until it had already gone down the hatch. Thank heavens it was only 110, whew.

I would chat more but I think WWIII is starting in our upstairs bathroom, so I better log off and go save the world, well at least save a couple of sisters from each other.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Quinn Life is too short not to taste good wine. I know we all want to be healthy and not so heavy but sometimes we just have to live a little

Hope. Worry seems to go hand in hand with parent hood no matter how old our kids are but Mern is right, you have given her the tools and the values to make the choices and even if sometimes she makes the wrong choice ultimately what you have taught her will show through. This was how it was for me. I got involved with the wrong guy, got pregnant, married, but when it all went wrong the things that my parents had been trying to tell me all came clear and I ended up taking responsibility for my life and managed pretty well. Hopefully your DD won't have to learn the hard way but if the worst happens the foundations you have given her will definitely help.

After my Monkees phase I became a real rock chick, Hendrix, Stones, Jefferson Airplane, Janis Joplin, the Doors. I visited Jim Morrison's grave in Paris recently. I really wanted to run off to San Francisco and be a hippy, so I am so looking forward to visiting the city where Flower Power started.
A fellow hippie chick! Yay! Thank you for your kind and wise words. I made plenty of mistakes; maybe that's why I am so nervous about DD. I don't want to see her make them but I guess making mistakes is how you learn. You just hope there won't be too much damage. The best thing DH said recently was "by not trusting in the way you do you are almost insulting us, saying we didn't do a good job as parents." I hope we did.
Hey Quinn I could use a little of that wine!!! And while I'm making requests, Mike, that rum cake... I could go for a slice or five right now....
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, this is just a quick check in. Y'all are right, I need to get fitted for shoes. I do have running socks but usually after 10-13 miles I'll get blisters. I guess I need to try to find some good wicken socks or try body glide on my feet. Been busy, busy, busy today. Went back to Lowe's for plants and while I was at it I got a big BBQ grill (that's manly for a short guy with a non-dancing banana, right?) Finally made it back home, now cooking, about to cut the back yard, then head to the gym. Lastly, I need to find time to assemble my grill. Oh wait that was second to last. Lastly, I need to bake my rum cake so I can have it for breakfast! I will try to check back later but don't think that I bailed on y'all today.
Short man, big grill, sounds like my DH!!! And hey any guy that makes rum cake for breakfast is OK in my book, dancing banana or no!!!

Ya gotta admit, you gotta love this thread. Mike and "the ladies."
Old 08-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

I just pulled breakfast out the oven. Yummy, I can't wait!
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Short man, big grill, sounds like my DH!!! And hey any guy that makes rum cake for breakfast is OK in my book, dancing banana or no!!!

Ya gotta admit, you gotta love this thread. Mike and "the ladies."
How tall is your DH?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, great job on the 3 mile hike!

my food log 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day):no, yes, yes, yes, not sure, yes, yes
2) 3250 calories deficient for the week:+463(oops, went back for more pizza ), -366, -805, +42, -126, -1530 , -206 (-2528)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes
5) walk 10 miles with one walk being at least 6 miles: 2.92, 3.0, 0, 3.1, 0, 6.03, 0 (15.05)
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, yes, no, no, yes
9) daily:
fish oil yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (2), yes (2), no(5), yes (1), yes (2), yes (1)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) no (1), no(4)
, no(4), no(3), no (0), no (3?), no(2)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no, no, no, no, no, no, no