Notices

Newbie Here!!! Please share your stories with me.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi again thanks for the wishes for my father- he is ok now but wont change his eating habits and isnt the most talkative of parents-thats my mums job! But its an understatement to say that the experience scared me.
My weight seems to have gone up today even though i have exercised and pushed myself more than usual. I think it might take a day or so to tell on the scales. I hope mondays weigh in will be a good result.
I felt as though i was going to struggle today partly because im in the house all day and its difficult for me to sometimes take my mind off food. Im very proud though because instead of mindless eating i put the xbox kinect-your shape on and sweated some aerobics. I only did 25 mins but its better than me dipping in the biscuit tin.
Dont let a pound gain put you off- that weight will come off along with some more so keep at it. You sound like you are doing all the right things. Eating less and moving more!
Keep it up
Old 08-13-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tonyas1978
Thank you for responding. What veggies are you eating, how often and are you eating them raw and or cooked?
As many different types as I can get. Most of them are raw but sometimes they're cooked.

Carrots, Onions, Radishes, Tomatoes and summer squash are eaten both raw and cooked
Mushrooms, Turnips, sweet potatoes, and winter squash cooked
Celery, iceberg lettuce, cucumbers raw

I am looking forward to trying beets that aren't from a can. Next time I see them in the grocery store I'm going to get some. I'm also planning on trying fennel, I haven't had that before and I want to try it.

I usually have fruit in the morning for breakfast like cherries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, apples, pears, etc.

I usually only eat meat once or twice a day, like a tuna sandwich.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

I like beetroot thats prepacked cooked and unpickled-i havent tried it raw before but ive seen a recipe by Jamie Oliver that seen him putting it grated with cabbage,coleslaw, fennel which looked tasty. Our supermarket has started to do it plain grated so i might give that a try next week.
Ive had roasted fennel only once and it was so nice with a traditional roast dinner. It was years ago but im guessing it wasnt cooked in a healthy way as i remember the succulent flavour.
When i roast veg now i dont use oil/butter etc so its usually a bit dry. Any tips?? Maybe its just my cooking lol
Old 08-14-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
I like beetroot thats prepacked cooked and unpickled-i havent tried it raw before but ive seen a recipe by Jamie Oliver that seen him putting it grated with cabbage,coleslaw, fennel which looked tasty. Our supermarket has started to do it plain grated so i might give that a try next week.
Ive had roasted fennel only once and it was so nice with a traditional roast dinner. It was years ago but im guessing it wasnt cooked in a healthy way as i remember the succulent flavour.
When i roast veg now i dont use oil/butter etc so its usually a bit dry. Any tips?? Maybe its just my cooking lol
I used a teaspoon of olive oil on a whole bunch of radishes, coated them just fine, no need for more.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks rubystars i will try that as i usually cook a large tray of it so overall the amount of oil will be small. I could try and get some frylight but i usually end up spraying on too much!!
Ive never had cooked radishes- ive always had them raw in cous cous or salads. Do you add anything else to them for another flavour? Do they taste onion?