Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-10-2011, 06:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Deal!

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I was thinking that I would regret mentioning the meat free thing. I can do that. If not Aug. 29, it'll have to be some time after I get back from Vabeach. You threw in an extra one I see, so now we have 2 challenges. That a deal, if you can do 2 yourself. How about one gallon of water Monday, and floss every day for a week? Deal?
Oh, you're good! Okay, this is going to be tough because Friday night I have a dinner to attend and then I am spending the weekend in London. but I am taking you up on it which means I have lots of work to do!

Let the games begin!

P.S. I weighed myself last night at the gym and the scale said 178 which would indicate a 2-pound gain. However I wasn't too concerned because A. Different scale from back home & I had to convert from kilos B. I usually record my weight in the mornings and this was 7pm after 2 meals, 2 snacks, tons of water etc and C. I usually wear less clothing when I weigh myself. SO I will weigh myself again next Wednesday, same time, same outfit, same scale to determine whether I win or have to subject myself to a gallon of H20 and the flossing every day. Oh boy!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1. log, Log, LOG! Yes, Yes, Yes
2. 500 calorie deficit +581, -727, 1408 (week total -1554)
3. 80oz water daily Yes, Yes, Yes!
4. only one diet soda daily Yes, Yes, Yes

Woohoo! This week is going so well. Since the boys separated bedrooms I lost my spare bedroom to do my morning work out in and had to move to the family room. This has to have been the best move ever!! I work out at about 5:30AM and this morning I opened up the deck door and could feel the cool air flowing in the house and listen to the sound of the running water (spring fed pond in yard ) and lots of crickets, locusts & birds as the morning was coming around. I felt so rejuvenated after my workout today!

Muna...I'm sorry your hubby is being a turd. They can be that way sometimes. I would not ask his opinion anymore if you know he is going to give you that type of answer. Don't let it get you down. Like Amy said...use your tape measure & scale to let you know what the real answer is.

Lizzie...good for you on the treadmill. I have to admit my current cross-stitch project is 2 yrs running LOL! I have been trying to work on it during work lunches but I also go for a walk on those lunches so it is mostly only being worked on when it rains or is over 85* right now. I should take it home and actually spend some time on it.

Cassie...if that is a sinus infection, you better get to the doctor and get an antibiotic. They are no fun at all. I used to get them all the time from my allergies.

Rose...so glad to hear that you are happy with the gym that you found! I'm sure that makes a world of difference.

Hope...I hope that you get to sleep soundly soon. I have the opposite problem, I can sleep at about anytime.

Terri...How was your girls' night? I hope that the dessert was delish. You planned for it well!

Mike...How does the epidural feel today? Does that leave you pain free for a while? Would be nice if it does.

Miverso...Welcome Back! Good for you riding the bike every day and to the gym...heck yeah!

Mern...I only ever canned tomatoes once with my MIL. That was like 17yrs ago! Wow, I must be getting old!!! I may end up having to do a few this year though. I have like 40 tomatoes right now that are all green and getting nice size. I hope they don't all ripen at once!

Ann...Congrats on losing another pound! Whatever you are doing...keep it up!!

Ha! Look at that! I am keeping up. I have to cheat and make notes as I read the posts though LOL!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Well it's 7am here in the UK so I guess I am the next person to post. Now I have to come up with a wager for Mike. Okay Mikey, I bet you one Meat-free Monday and one more Mytsie video that you cannot make that goal. Do you want to be a vegetarian for a day? I don't think so! You better get to work, Buddy!
Vegetarian for a day??? Hah! I did that for 4 years! C'mon! Give him something harder... like vegetarian in a dress for a week... !
Old 08-11-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Actually, most folks on here are very well-spoken, so I'm guessing either patients...or relatives !
Speaking of relatives... I forgot to ask... How did it go with your sister??
Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

GoodMorning yay i found a place to say my hellos
im new to fitday so still trying to get to know everyone been reading alot of post just to get to know everyone seems like i will fit in here i just start a few days ago to get back to losing weight yet again lol i started trying to lose it becouse we are going to a wedding in 2 weeks and ive been tring to find something to wear and can't find anything that fits like i want it to so here i am just getting tierd of being tierd i went to the doctor a few months ago and found out i was a type 2 dibetic he put me on meds that i can't aford and also told me if i lost weight my sugar wouldn't be so bad and id feel better so i have 77 pounds to lose and trying to lose the first 10 in 2 weeks
thank u ladies for lisening
have a good day
Old 08-11-2011, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report

Fish oil and vitamin D daily NO YES No fish oil
Five servings veggies/fruits daily 1, 4, 5
Calorie limit 1600 608 (six hundred eight-crazy day), 1103, 1156
Sat fat limit 12%, 6%, 16%
Cholesterol average 300mg per day just 35mg, 126mg, 220mg
Net carb limit (carbs less fiber) 25g 13, 26.5, 17.2
Track protein 31g or 25%, 94 or 16%, 117 or 45%

Artificial sweetner limit 2 packets per day , 0, 0, 0
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2, 2, 0

Water 64 oz. YES YES NO
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, DAY OFF

Last edited by Mern; 08-12-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Vegetarian for a day??? Hah! I did that for 4 years! C'mon! Give him something harder... like vegetarian in a dress for a week... !
hey, I didn't agree to Vegetarian. Many people have a different option of what's vegetarian or not. Some vegetarians are borderline vegan, while others just not eat meat. I'll stay away from meat for a day, no chicken, beef, fish, pork, etc. I don't like eggs but I wouldn't consider that to be meat others may. I wouldn't think that that day would be too clean and probably low on protein since I'm new to this. I see red beans & rice and cheese pizza in my future.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

I wanna see a pic of Mike in a dress whether doing vegetarian for a day or not. LOL

Darn! I have to leave again in a few minutes without having been able to catch up with the posts. Still on the run with family stuff going on--still driving daughter on crutches to and from work; babysitting two grandkids; I have to take one back to the dentist again today (1 hour and 15 minute round trip); another granddaughter moving in with us this weekend; our son may be moving out to relocate and then look for a job elsewhere on just $6000 savings-in this slumping job market. I'm not at all optimistic, but I have to be supportive since I couldn't talk him out of it. I hate that both my kids are having such a hard time right now.

Welcome, LindyK. Glad you found us. Hope you find the support you need here.

Wildbeanerz, sounds like your tomatoes are doing quite well. Canning is a lot of work and actually I think it's cheaper just to buy canned tomatoes at a discount store or on sale. I was hoping ours would ripen slowly, too, so I wouldn't have to can, but DH planted so many plants and they're all doing much better than they usually do. I have to can another 4 quarts tonight.

Rose, maybe I'll just tell DH I'm sorry, but this weekend I have to hop a plane to England to take a pal some canned tomatoes. Good luck with your scale conversion and weighing times. Can you ensure, though, that your food and water intake will be the same when you weigh next week at the same time?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!
Goals:
1. Keep up the positive attitude. Ish.
2. Ride my bike everyday. Check!
3. Make sushi. Check!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
hey, I didn't agree to Vegetarian. Many people have a different option of what's vegetarian or not. Some vegetarians are borderline vegan, while others just not eat meat. I'll stay away from meat for a day, no chicken, beef, fish, pork, etc. I don't like eggs but I wouldn't consider that to be meat others may. I wouldn't think that that day would be too clean and probably low on protein since I'm new to this. I see red beans & rice and cheese pizza in my future.
I never got into the whole vegan thing. I still do a modified version of it today... no beef or pork, small amounts of chicken and fish and I always eat dairy. My vegetarian period had nothing to do with animal cruelty, politics or saving whales. It was just a cleaner, healthier way to eat for me. I never had a taste for beef or pork. When I was a kid, I always ate around the meat on my plate, (fed it to the cat) and took the meat off of pizzas and sandwiches my mom would make. It drove her nuts. I just never cared for it.

I kind of cheated last night though. I filled a huge ceramic pasta bowl with a big variety of fresh greens, shredded carrots, red onions, three colors of tomatoes, topped it with hot bacon dressing (husband's request) and served it with 7 grain dinner rolls for a "light" supper. (Calories and fat were pretty bad, but it's a seasonal thing!

Even during my 4 year stint, I never called myself a vegetarian because I wanted to reserve the right to treat myself to a good burger on the grill once in a while... although my stomach usually revolted when I did.

My niece and nephew went vegetarian in college, but they ate tons of cheese, deep-fried and just plain garbage. I never quite figured that one out. Their cholesterol must have been outrageous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.