Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-10-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Wednesday check-in

GOALS FOR THIS WEEK:

1. Eat between 1200-1500 calories per day. YES 1499/YES 1223/YES 1453
2. Take my vitamins. YES/YES/YES
3. Drink 8-10 glasses of water per day. YES/YES/YES
4. Find and join a gym. NOT YET/DONE
5. Start running again. NOT YET/NOT YET/YES!!!
6. Exercise at least 4 times. NOT YET/NOT YET/YES!

I went to the gym tonight after work! WOOHOO! It was great. I love my new gym. It is WAY nicer than the Y back home. It's really posh actually. I even ran over 5K on the treadmill tonight and boy do I feel good! I love running! Okay I had to walk a little but I got in 27 minutes of running and 13 minutes of walking. I feel so proud of myself right now, I can't even tell you all. I actually am away from home and hitting my goals. This has always been my biggest challenge. I'm doing it though. YES!

Amy, I'm not sure I can get my hands on an ice pick, perhaps I'll have to settle for a cricket bat. But seriously, thank you for thinking of me. I'm really touched. I think I'll be okay. Last night all that happened was that a mini bus was set on fire so it's definitely tapering off.

Hope, thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers. It means a lot! I will definitely stay safe, not to worry. I was once caught in the middle of a Canadian hockey riot but I high-tailed it out of there before anyone came near me. I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight. I can totally sympathize. I often have very restless sleep. Take good care of yourself, and kudos on the 2.5 mile walk!

Terri, thanks for the sweet words of caution! I am really touched. I hope you have fun on your girls' night tonight!! Your strategy sounds great and you have done so well! I'm so impressed with you. Congrats on all your progress!

Cassie, I sure hope you are feeling better today! I agree with Amy, if this hasn't improved today, go see your doctor! And let us know how your meeting went.

April, that's weird! A British friend of mine on FB said the same thing. I told her, I felt the same way when Canadians riot over hockey. It really is embarrassing. The situation here in the UK is extremely complex and for me, anyway, covers so much grey area. The reasons behind these riots are the problem and there is no quick fix. My big fear is that this type of reaction is only going to increase, even to other countries, and more people will get hurt or worse.

Last edited by mtlgirl; 08-10-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

I'm alive and kicking. Haven't logged anything but only had 2 pb&j sammichs on wheat, and 1 egg & sausage on wheat. For some crazy reason I was CRAVING bread. The doctor asked me agin before the shot if I'm diabetic b/c the medicine will elevate your blood sugar, I figured that I WOULDN'T want bread, wrong. I haven't logged anything. I assume that if I log 15-20hrs of sleep for the day I'm screwed, so I don't know how to count today. I may just give myself a big goose egg (zero for those that have never heard that expression) but not count it as a cheat. I don't know. I was debating on going fir a walk by my wristbands from the hospital says that I'm a "fall risk". 
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Fall risk? Who are they kidding? Mytsie can walk alond side of me and hold me up... By the knees.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Alrighty

I'm back on the fat wagon this week after taking a few months off and it feels great! I've been on anti depressents and thyroid meds for a couple of weeks and my motivation and enjoyment of dieting and exercising has never been higher. I bought a bike and have ridden it every single day and even rode it to the gym. Yay!

Goals:
1. Keep up the positive attitude.
2. Ride my bike everyday.
3. Make sushi.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I'm alive and kicking. Haven't logged anything but only had 2 pb&j sammichs on wheat, and 1 egg & sausage on wheat. For some crazy reason I was CRAVING bread. The doctor asked me agin before the shot if I'm diabetic b/c the medicine will elevate your blood sugar, I figured that I WOULDN'T want bread, wrong. I haven't logged anything. I assume that if I log 15-20hrs of sleep for the day I'm screwed, so I don't know how to count today. I may just give myself a big goose egg (zero for those that have never heard that expression) but not count it as a cheat. I don't know. I was debating on going fir a walk by my wristbands from the hospital says that I'm a "fall risk". 
Is it just me, or is Mike sort of rambling like a drunk?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, thanks for your kind words about grandmothering and mothering. And thanks for the hug. OMG, your Mom taking SEVEN kids to an amusement park! She's far more brave than I! LOL

Terri, my granddaughter went really simple and inexpensive on her senior pictures. The picture for the yearbook was the black off-the-shoulders shroud type blouse that all the girls were required to wear--I don't remember what it's called. They did that when I was young--thought that was outdated. LOL There were 8 shots of that from which to choose the one she wanted in the yearbook. Then she did a casual shot on a platform with 2012 on it--about 6 poses from which to choose. And about another six casual standing shots--same outfit for both.

Congrats to all doing well and big hugs to those who are struggling.

Gotta go start canning tomatoes now. Will check back in tomorrow.

Last edited by Mern; 08-10-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
Ah nothing really...just, you know, DHs can be brutally honest sometimes like if you ask 'is my bum any smaller' and they say, not really, but a bit firmer (and you flutter with delight) and then they add 'but your knees are still stocky in fact, your thigh seems like one mass from top down to your knee, and the top of your thigh is pretty massive, i don't think you can ever lose weight properly (read:lose weight and keep it off)...'
and that is coming from a person with BMI of 32! But i'm not sad, i know i can lose weight. In fact, YOU are the only person who decides how you will look like and no amount of comments from anyone can be taken as an excuse
I've been happily married for a long time now, so maybe I can offer a little helpful advice on living happily with a husband, meanwhile not ending up a widow in prison. For starters I'm very very careful of asking him questions that I may not want the absolute man-truth on. We have a mirror and I have a tape measure and I've measured myself so I know exactly how big my thighs are, ergo I don't ask DH. To ask my husband such a question is either setting me up for an insult or it makes me look as if I'm fishing for compliments, either way not good. Secondly when my husband says something that hurts my feelings or is in my opinion the wrong answer I let him know immediately. Usually I deliver it with a little humor, so it doesn't start a fight, but make no mistake I would not let a comment about my massive thighs go without making it very clear that his answer was hurtful and in the future he might want to skip the negative comments and answer with a "mmmm, I love your curves baby".
Old 08-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
lol, I was feeling it for sure. The pain meds should be wearing off before long and I'll be back to MY "normal" self, but not quote normal. I also posted that from my phone which has auto correct so if I hit the wrong key there's no telling what it's going to replace a word with.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes, yes (I guess??)
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: +175, -483, (0??)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes http://www.fitday.com/fitness/Public...?Owner=01gt4.6
5) walk 10 miles: 4.01, 3.0, no
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, no
7) work out 2 times: no, yes, no
9) daily:
vitamin yes, yes, (Doctor says no for 24 hrs. wft?)
floss yes, yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (2, unless a Butterfinger Blast counts as nuts). yes (2), yes (2)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) NOPE (maybe one with the veggies on my sammich, but I doubt it), yes (5), no (0)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no, no, no

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-11-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
That is funny, and really true...and funny also that I read it the first time and didn't even notice. Must be more familiar with loopy-speak than I thought .

Hope you're feeling back to normal now, Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.