Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting 08/08/2011

Old 08-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Mike, I'm so sorry! Drink upside down! Drink upside down!
Originally Posted by binatangmerah
Mike - Everyone claims to have a cure for hiccups, but this one really works:

Take a drink of water and hold it in your mouth. Then plug your ears and nose at the same time (thumbs in ears, pinkies on nose). Continue holding the water in your mouth as long as possible, then swallow.

It has never failed me!
Originally Posted by Kumochi
Mike my cure for hicups is to swallow nothing 3 times. Occasionally I have to do it twice but it works for me. It's not as easy as it sounds. Good luck. Mary
Thanks ladies, they are gone for now. All the normal and not so normal tricks don't seem to work. I guess medically related hiccups are different than regular hiccups. I did a search and found this:

The most common causes of hiccups include eating too much and drinking carbonated beverages. However, many of us don't realize that medications we take may affect the nerves involved in hiccupping, or may target the diaphragm, prompting an attack. Corticosteroids

Corticosteroids are often simply referred to as "steroids," but should not be confused with the steroids used by body-builders. Corticosteroids include naturally occurring hormones with anti-inflammatory properties. In addition to inflammation, corticosteroids also prove very effective in relieving nausea and vomiting for chemotherapy patients. Commonly used corticosteroids include betamethasone, decadron, dexamethasone, hydrocortisone, methylprednisolone, prednisolone, and prednisone.

So, I guess I'm not crazy, well at least not with this. The odd thing is that my doctor has never heard of it causing this. I guess that I'm that special case.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, I'm sure it was frustrating to get those hiccups again! Glad to hear they're gone.

Hppe, quite a scare. It's always sad, but I'm glad it wasn't your kitty.

I'm glad this thread is active today; wish I had the energy to participate. I am on an antibiotic now but it's been a physically and emotionally taxing day; still low on energy and trying to make some big decisions about work, plus freshman orientation tonight and I'm not ready to let my baby be in high school yet! My eating hasn't been the greatest, I admit .
Old 08-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Mike, I'm sure it was frustrating to get those hiccups again! Glad to hear they're gone.
They're back. With my first bite of dinner, they came back in full force.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
They're back. With my first bite of dinner, they came back in full force.
If I were your gf, I'd just tell you I was pregnant, and that would scare them right out of you.

Since I'm not, the only things I've got are a spoonful of sugar and drinking upside down.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

If I were your gf, I'd just tell you I was pregnant, and that would scare them right out of you.

Since I'm not, the only things I've got are a spoonful of sugar and drinking upside down.
Is she said it, it wouldn't scare me b/c I know it would be true.

I finished dinner and the hiccups went away! This could make losing weight easy. Rose, you are in for it now girl!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 08-11-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Default This isn't the old "bait and switch"

I'm about to head out to the gym and I saw myself in the mirror and thought that I looked very bloated since yesterday. My diet today has been awesome and I'm WAAAAY under on calories. i didn't log anything yesterday but I wasn't bad. I hopped on the scale and it read 176!!! I usually fluctuate 2-3 pounds between a.m. & p.m., that would still put me way over where I should be.

Can a cortisone shot cause weight gain or water retention? Seriously! I guess I'll be walking to and from the gym again today.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): no, yes, yes (I guess??), yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: +175, -483, (0??), -1174
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale & my weight goal chart: yes
4) Make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk 10 miles: 4.01, 3.0, no, 3.0
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, no, yes
7) work out 2 times: no, yes, no, yes
9) daily:
vitamin yes, yes, (Doctor says no for 24 hrs. wft?), no
floss yes, yes, yes, yes
10) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (2, unless a Butterfinger Blast counts as nuts). yes (2), yes (2), yes(2)
11) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) NOPE (maybe one with the veggies on my sammich, but I doubt it), yes (5), no (0), yes (5)
12) no bread (of any kind) for 2 days no, no, no, yes
Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default What have I gotten myself into????

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Okay wait!!!! I think there is some confusion here. I was thinking someone could bet that I couldn't do it, not that they couldn't lose more than me by the end of week 5. But... just so you don't think I'm scared, YOU'RE ON!!! There's one catch though since I've already published my scale pictures and you haven't, this Monday it starts. We both hop on the scale and post up the pic. There are some rules to keep this fair. We have to continue as I have been. If you can think of any rules, feel free to let me know.

1) Weigh in 1st thing in the morning, empty bladder, on a level floor, nekkid.
2) Take a clear picture of the scale reading and post it up.
3) No cheating by holding any thing of weight for your initial weigh in to show inflated numbers, so put the dumbbells away! I will try to continue on losing, without intentionally trying to gain weight for Monday's weigh in.
4) Next Monday, same thing and Final weigh in will be on August 29th.

Fair enough?

BTW I think you should triple your oatmeal cookie intake.
First of all, I have not been eating oatmeal cookies, Mister! I have oatmeal for breakfast. There is a huge difference. Secondly, while I love a friendly wager (and this one is getting pretty intense ) I have no scale where I am so I can't weigh in first thing in the morning, I'll have to go to the gym and it won't be in the morning but I can still participate right? I hope people don't think I'm nuts taking a picture of the scale at the gym!
Old 08-11-2011, 06:35 PM
FitDay Member

I'm glad this thread is active today; wish I had the energy to participate. I am on an antibiotic now but it's been a physically and emotionally taxing day; still low on energy and trying to make some big decisions about work, plus freshman orientation tonight and I'm not ready to let my baby be in high school yet! My eating hasn't been the greatest, I admit .
Cassie, you have been going through a lot these past couple of weeks! I am so sorry that you got sick but I am glad you're on the road to recovery now. Best of luck with your work decisions. I am sure you will make the best ones. As for your baby, time sure does fly doesn't it? But he'll always be your baby!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM
FitDay Member

Rose. Thanks for your kind words re my son.

Hope: I see you are grasping the wisdom that someone ( can't remember just now) said that to keep young you should do something each day that scares you. You must be rolling back the years lol. I have a marmalade cat too, Henri is my little avatar pic but they don't seem to be showing at present.

Cassie. Everything seem like a struggle when you aren't feeling too good, hope you're getting better. I am now on the lemsips and can't seem to shake the headache.

Off to work, I'm very late as I didn't sleep much through the night but slept right through the alarm. Oh and I lost 1 lb this week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.