Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 8/1

Old 08-06-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Well, if you're gonna invest in ribeye, it's worth it to pay a couple or three bucks more for better cuts. I'd just as soon have a hamburger as a ribeye that's not marbled well or isn't tender. The marbling is where the flavor is. Yeah, I know what you were thinkin' about that sign, you naughty boy. Or am I a naughty girl for thinkin' you were thinkin' that? LOL
Old 08-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator

IMO a ribeye is too fatty. I prefer a sirloin, strip or a porterhouse for a lean steak but I really don't eat steak too often. I eat chicken nearly every day, which is getting old.

The sign sure is catchy and it was great advertisement b/c so many people had their bumper sticker.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

I agree ribeye is more fatty, but I think it has better flavor, a lot like porterhouse. In restaurants I order sirloin because they're usually pretty tender--I like it medium rare.

We have some friends named Wagner.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Hi fellow losers!

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi"! Sorry I've been MIA lately! Been up until midnight every night this week helping my daughter with college apps. Pumped out 4 this week...UGHHHH!!! But, the good news is that she is beginning to receive some pretty impressive acceptance letters, so I'm not complaining.

I've been on my laptop constantly, but I haven't been able to log my foods or anything. I think that I've done pretty well with my eating, though. We shall see when I weigh in on Monday. With the exception of one night, (Mike ) I've walked 3 miles a day and 4 this morning. After a day on the computer, it does me a world of good to clear my head with a late night walk.

Mike,

Sorry to hear that your back has flared up again... I guess I'll let you off the hook for now... lol

By Monday I should be done and then I can be more active here.

Miss you guys!

quinn
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

I need to stop disappearing from everything! I have been so busy with life and writing, going to work, applying for new jobs, interviews. Actually waiting a call from babies r us for a job, just had the interview and was told they would be calling people on Monday. Tomorrow is my Kohl's interview. To help bring some money in I am writing on Hubpages and working on cupcake recipes of my own in hopes to sell cupcakes at this flea market type of place.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hi fellow losers!

Just wanted to stop in and say "hi"! Sorry I've been MIA lately! Been up until midnight every night this week helping my daughter with college apps. Pumped out 4 this week...UGHHHH!!! But, the good news is that she is beginning to receive some pretty impressive acceptance letters, so I'm not complaining.

I've been on my laptop constantly, but I haven't been able to log my foods or anything. I think that I've done pretty well with my eating, though. We shall see when I weigh in on Monday. With the exception of one night, (Mike ) I've walked 3 miles a day and 4 this morning. After a day on the computer, it does me a world of good to clear my head with a late night walk.

Mike,

Sorry to hear that your back has flared up again... I guess I'll let you off the hook for now... lol

By Monday I should be done and then I can be more active here.

Miss you guys!

quinn
No need to let me off the hook. So you're at 19 miles for the week? I won't get that many but I'll do more than 10. I'll probably knock out a few more miles tonight, I'm just waiting on the heat index to get below a 100*.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Great action on this forum. Congratulations to the walkers. Sometimes I think we are all in a battle with our bodies. Just as soon as we make a commitment to do something, whether it's walk more or eat less or eat healthy, our bodies say "Oh, yeah. I like us this way and I'm not changing." Kind of like the little kid who stamps his foot, folds his arms in front of him and says "I won't eat my peas."

I find myself talking to myself—a lot. Trying to explain to my body, "it's ok not to have that extra flab of fat around our tummy or that extra flap of untoned skin under the upper arms—it's not really a loss, it's a gain."

Of course, the body has its own opinion; it's used to the way we were. That's why it isn't surprising to get shin splints before finishing a walk, or to be breathless half-way through exercise, or to join in with the family in eating a pizza. When that happens—and it still happens a lot—I usually have another conversation. "Thank you very much, body, I appreciate your protection and concern and will appreciate it even more when I can walk without pain and the next time we eat a bowl of fruit or a spinach salad."

—Oh, and it's a lot easier talking to oneself these days. People you pass will just think it's another person on a cell phone.

Thanks, folks, for being on this forum. From the ground turkey recall alert, to the shin splints, to the oppressive heat, to "shoveling out the house" (I love that concept), to personal vignettes like helping with college apps, chasing a two-year-old, and being happy for grandchildren, this forum is a real reminder of what support is out there when other people respond and you aren't just getting backtalk from yourself.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Sawyer, I just noticed that your user name is your real name spelled backwards. I guess I'm a little slow.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, best wishes on the college apps. We miss you, too!

ChibiSub, best wishes on the job hunt. My son is hunting, too, wanting to move out of light manufacturing and into retail. Cupcakes are all the rage on The Food Network these days. I love "Cupcake Wars." Can't eat them, but I can enjoy watching them bake and sample.

Rose? Where are ya? Miss you, too!

Sawyer, too funny. Yeah, my body is like that very often--just refuses to change. LOL We had the most hilarious discussion one night on my former weight loss support group for women over age 50. One woman called the upper arm flab "bat wings" and we were joking about back fat and needing "quart size bras" (four cups) because of excess breast fat that heads toward the back and the bra elastic make's it look like another breast. (Sorry, Mike, but we women are not supposed to feel inhibited to talk about woman stuff on this forum. LOL) Not funny to some who struggle, but the way I look at it, if we can't see the humor in some things we'll go nuts. Also LOL on the cell phone--now I wonder how many people I THOUGHT were on cell phones were talking to themselves. I'm so glad you find support here, Sawyer. I love this group, too.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
No need to let me off the hook. So you're at 19 miles for the week? I won't get that many but I'll do more than 10. I'll probably knock out a few more miles tonight, I'm just waiting on the heat index to get below a 100*.
Here's my week:

Monday 3
Tuesday off
Wednesday 3
Thursday 3
Friday 3
Saturday 4

Usually, I do a lot of different routes and trails, but this week I've stuck to the same one, over and over. Walked early this morning because it was supposed to rain, but never did, so I might take a short one tonight if the weather holds up.

Ate a huge, whole wheat bagel gobbed with peanut butter for my supper so a walk might be necessary... lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.