Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I caved on the cake. Usually it would have been an easy pass, but sneaky mama made my absolute favorite kind. About 4 PM I realized simultaneously what kind she was making and also that I would not be able to avoid it. Fortunately with my sister eating relatively healthily, I could make some substitutions with dinner and it wasn't a big deal...passed on the mashed potatoes, corn, and stuffing and had a sweet potato and broccoli instead. I'm still a little over calorie-wise, but not cranky and deprived, either, so I call it a win. And I exercised twice today . Of course, there is an unfortunate amount of cake left over, so tomorrow is another story.

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1279, 1275, 1405-I tried; 2 meals on the road, 1275, 1379
2. Exercise 6 times (3X weights). Stationary Bike, Weights, Tennis, Ran outside, Weights
3. Water, water, everywhere! Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Balance the pie chart. B-/C+, A, A, C-/D+, B+
5. Fiber 25 g. 29, 32, 31, 25, 25
6. Log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
7. Take calcium. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

This evening I found another pack of Oreos, another bag of pretzels, many boxes of mints, and Fudge Stix back in Mom's room. The hits just keep on coming!

Mike...looks like you had a fun cheat day; back to the plan tomorrow! You can do this! Eye of the tiger and all that .
Old 07-30-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Glad you are holding your own Cassie. I like your way of handling this challange. Having Fitday to report in to certainly helps me through the problem days. Mary
Old 07-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Glad you are holding your own Cassie. I like your way of handling this challange. Having Fitday to report in to certainly helps me through the problem days. Mary
Thanks, Mary. I totally agree about having to report in.

For instance, I am going to put this out there...I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT CAKE FOR BREAKFAST...and I know that I'll have to own up to whether I did or not .
Old 07-30-2011, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Making myself post this before Lizzie grabs that whip and makes me eat my words after encouraging her to do just 5 minutes of exercise.

Lizzie, I did not make it to the gym yesterday, nor did I do any exercise. I hereby promise that I will not log on to this website until I go to the Y and do some treadmill! Leaving NOW.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Thanks, Mary. I totally agree about having to report in.

For instance, I am going to put this out there...I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT CAKE FOR BREAKFAST...and I know that I'll have to own up to whether I did or not .
This is true. Well I got back up on my scale this morning and as I thought, it wasn't so magical. I ate a ton of garbage yesterday. What I find amusing is that when most people think of Subway, they think healthy, Jared, etc. When I decided that yesterday was going to be my cheat day, I decided that I'd have Subway for lunch, b/c I know it's not that healthy. Well out of all the junk I ate yesterday I'd guess that the Subway sammich did the most damage. At 1040 calories, 56g of fat, 2120mg & 96g of carbs had me thinking "Effff Jared!" j/k
Old 07-30-2011, 04:46 AM
FitDay Member

Kept my promise and went to the gym before allowing myself to log back into FitDay. Walked at just 2.2 mph for 1.53 miles in 40 minutes to be sure I wouldn't aggravate my back. As of right now, it feels fine.

Cassie, the strawberry pie sounds like a great idea, especially since there will be others there to help eat it. Sweet potato and broccoli was a really healthful choice instead of potatoes, corn, and stuffing. Congrats on the exercise, too! Great job all around yesterday!

Lizzie, I really was trying to urge you to commit to 5 minutes again. I so admire you for turning it into 30! Way to go! I hope you get your walk in today--that'll be great exercise. Sometimes I even count fast paced housework as exercise--doesn't have to be formal exercise to be valuable exercise. I'm not good at cooking and baking all the time. I do my share of convenience foods, but try to cook from fresh as often as possible. I always use dried pasta, almost always jarred spaghetti sauce and other ready made sauces, and frozen veggies unless fresh from the garden. So I "assemble" dishes a lot. Like last night I made a dish with sausage, frozen spinach, egg, and cheese. The only thing fresh was the sausage and tomato. It's easier here during the summer and fall when we have great prices on fresh fruits and veggies or are lucky enough to get them from our own gardens or that of friends or relatives.

Mike, I love Subway, too--it's great if all you're looking for is low fat, but the carbs and sodium are just awful. However, I DO miss the chew of that delicious Subway bread! BUT I get the sandwich I want made into a salad and use my own low carb salad dressing. Or I get a 6" sub on bread with no sauce, bring it home, transfer the sandwich filling to a low carb tortilla for myself, and give DH the bread. Efff Jared. LOL, you bad boy. I saw your food log for yesterday and thought but I know it was your cheat day. Congrats on the exercise, though. I also saw you're food logged today was really good. Kudos for getting back on track right away.

Last edited by Mern; 07-30-2011 at 04:57 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report

Calorie limit 1600 1621, 1137, 1131, 1344, 833--busy and not very hungry
Calorie deficit 900 per day 753 1237, 1243, 850, 1541
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 30.6, 18.5, 19 even, 25 even, 13.7
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories 14%, 10%, 9%, 10%, 12%
Dietary Cholesterol average 300mg per day 548, 155, 599, 224, 122 (avg. 330)
Track protein grams and % 128 or 33%, 98 or 36%. 88 or 32%, 98 or 30%, 82 or 41%

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day 2, 0, 2, 1, 0
Sugar Free candy limit 2 pieces per day 1, 2, 2, 4 2
5 servings veggies/fruit per day YES, 2, 2, 4 NO
Vitamin D and Fish oil daily NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
Do best to avoid nitrates/nitrites started Tuesday, YES YES Oops, missed one--should have known the ham steak I ate would have sodium nitrite--but I did TRY my best. YES

Water 64 oz. Exercise 5 days YES, YES YES YES YES
Exercise 5 times DAY OFF, couldn't, couldn't, couldn't, NO

Last edited by Mern; 07-30-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Super Moderator

Mern and Lizzie, good job on your walks . Mern, I hope the pain stays gone for you.

Mike, Subway has the "halo effect," by which people assume it is healther than it is because of the things they advertise and offer. I'm glad you went into it with your eyes open. Hope you enjoyed cheat day and it's back to plan for you today, young man!

I know I'm going over on calories today. We're doing steamed crabs for dinner (geez, I miss living in MD!) and I plan to eat approximately my body weight in them. All protein, probably a hefty dose of rock salt, and very worth it. I will also likely chase it with some cake .

Got on my mom's scale today; it read me at my lowest weight from last summer/pre-holiday time. I'll take it!! Unfortunately that was enough to kick my subconscious into gear, telling me I have wiggle room enough for some treats here . I really want to save it for the beach, so I'm just going to try to make good decisions and not deprive myself so much it backfires.

Oh, and chocolate-covered and powdered sugar donuts have arrived in the House of Schizophrenic Food. I swear these people go to the store every day!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and staying cool!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:39 AM
FitDay Member

It was bad enough I had the peach tarts in the freezer. My son just went and bought ice cream and butter pecan tarts. Our local store makes the best butter tarts! I can usually avoid them however I`d hoped I`d get rid of the peach ones buy feeding them to him. Do have healthy beans and tilapia planned for dinner. I may drink a protein shake just so I don`t get too hungry before then. Getting lots of exercise in the water. Mary
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for your good wishes. I always feel better about going over in calories if I go over in protein. We all know protein and salt don't cause fat gain, so if you're up on the scale it should just be a teeny bit of water weight. Enjoy those steamed crabs! And, golly, enjoy a piece of cake. You are so right--don't depirve yourself so much that it backfires. Oh, I forgot to give you kudos on the comments about how great you look. Now you know GUYS don't say that unless they mean it. You must look really great! OMG, doughnuts are one of my biggest temptations. I hope you have a great weekend, too, Cassie. Other than going to the Y and grilling chicken on the patio tonight we're staying indoors because it's hot as blazes out there!

DH grew Florence fennel in the garden this year but it's not doing well--bulbs about 5 inches in height but less than an inch thick. He doesn't know if he didn't cover the emerging bulbs with dirt soon enough or if they're not getting the type of soil they need, or maybe not enough water. BUT, although the ones we pulled are inedible, I did pull some of the fern-like stuff off the stems to add to salads, and chopped the bulbs, stems, and roots in the food processor and made the most delicious, refreshing fennel tea. (After steeping for about 20 minutes, I strained it through a coffee filter.) We'll have that iced with our grilled chicken and tossed salads tonight. Yum!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.