Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/25

Old 07-29-2011, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Just got back from dinner out and I'm off for a walk around a small lake with walking paths. Had a really strange day... had two separate men (strangers) compliment me on my looks today, which was pretty odd, but I'll take it. (Was flattering and creepy all at once... ) Then, I saw a friend tonight that I hadn't seen since high school who told me how nice I looked...hmmm. Wish I knew what I did differently today so that I could bottle it for the next time I need it... LOL Hey...Am I on Candid Camera???

Goals for this week:

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.) 2, 4, 3, 4, 3

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.) Y, meh, pretty clean, Y, ok

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200. 1326, 1149 (carb heavy), 1109, 1078 (carb heavy), 1050 and perfectly balanced
Old 07-29-2011, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Just got back from dinner out and I'm off for a walk around a small lake with walking paths. Had a really strange day... had two separate men (strangers) compliment me on my looks today, which was pretty odd, but I'll take it. (Was flattering and creepy all at once... ) Then, I saw a friend tonight that I hadn't seen since high school who told me how nice I looked...hmmm. Wish I knew what I did differently today so that I could bottle it for the next time I need it... LOL Hey...Am I on Candid Camera???

Goals for this week:

* 4 fruits and veggies a day. (Can't figure out why this has been hard for me this summer as I was, pretty much, a vegetarian for 4 years.) 2, 4, 3, 4, 3

*Eat clean. (Simple enough.) Y, meh, pretty clean, Y, ok

* Log foods and limit calories to 1200. 1326, 1149 (carb heavy), 1109, 1078 (carb heavy), 1050 and perfectly balanced
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Mike, I wouldn't mind you sending me that scale my way. But seriously I hope the number maintains when you weigh again on Monday, maybe the original one was the wrong number? How is the rest of your day going?
Today is going great. I have chocolate chip cookies in the over and hamburger steak on the stove. YUMMY!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
hey did one of they guys say "hey, do you serve fries with that shake?" If so that was me. haha I can't remember what movie that's from.
At 118 lbs., I have nothing left to shake anymore!

HEY!!! Chocolate chip cookies????? You can't have that!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

MAIN80 - basil is so much more awesome than a cactus, too! Weeding was just as horrible as I thought it would be All sorts of gross bugs and nastiness...

1.) Stay under 1550 calories/day: Yes/Yes/No/Yes/Yes
2.) Drink at least 64 oz. water/day: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
3.) Try for less carbs, more protein: Not awesome/Alright/Satisfactory/Good/Good on carbs, but too much fat
Old 07-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

At 118 lbs., I have nothing left to shake anymore!

HEY!!! Chocolate chip cookies????? You can't have that!!!
I think last week I was consuming over 4k a day. Today wasn't nearly as bad as last week and I'm already over 4k cal.!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike, 1200 calories by 9AM??? Yeah, you'd BETTER clean up your food report or count it as your cheat day and be good BOTH tomorrow and Sunday. I'm watchin' ! LOL

Cassie, whoa! Now I see why you call that the House of Schizophrenic Food!
So did your mom make a cake? Well, you could just eat a SMALL piece and still have a reasonable food report today. Thanks for you kind words about good things happening at my house. So cute about the boy asking whose rules apply at grandma's house. LOL
lol LOVE the pic!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

My goals for the week:
1) Eat clean 6 days (only 1 cheat day): yes, yes, yes, yes
2) 3000 calories deficient for the week: -891,-1478, -455, -761, +1988 (-1517 so far)
3) Weigh in on Monday and post a picture of the scale: yes
4) either post my weekly food graphs or make my food log public: yes 01gt4.6 - free online diet and fitness journal
5) walk/run 10 miles: 3.05, 1.32, 0, 0, 2.80 (7.17 so far)
6) gallon of water a day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
7) work out 3 times: no, yes, no, yes, no
9) daily:
fish oil x 2 yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
vitamin yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
floss yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
10) take picture of myself and post up: yes, see above
11) no more than 2 servings of nuts per day (including peanut butter) yes (1), yes (1), yes (2), yes (2), no (4)
12) 5 servings of veggies a day (green veggies don't get logged) yes (5), yes (5), yes (6), yes (6), no (1)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 07-29-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

Thanks for giving me the idea to do weights from a sitting or laying position to protect my back. It's been working out really well for me. I can't believe I never thought of that before. A lot of people don't know that when you have a lower back injury, you lose your upper body tone because you avoid lifting, (not weight lifting, just daily, routine lifting) especially after a few years. I'm excited to rebuild the tone in my arms. And the best part is, there's no pressure on my back.

My lower body is pretty well toned from all of the walking, hiking and climbing I do. So now, maybe I can get the two halves to match... lol.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mike,

Thanks for giving me the idea to do weights from a sitting or laying position to protect my back. It's been working out really well for me. I can't believe I never thought of that before. A lot of people don't know that when you have a lower back injury, you lose your upper body tone because you avoid lifting, (not weight lifting, just daily, routine lifting) especially after a few years. I'm excited to rebuild the tone in my arms. And the best part is, there's no pressure on my back.

My lower body is pretty well toned from all of the walking, hiking and climbing I do. So now, maybe I can get the two halves to match... lol.
No problem. I didn't want you to get your shake back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.