Notices

Any grandmas here?

Old 07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

Cool

Originally Posted by Mern
Excess weight surely does show more on short people, Nancy. But we're working on that and we deserve a pat on the back for it.

I hang out on the support group for just women/7 day motivational thread. We start a new week, but anyone can join any time.

We don't compete against each other--just set our own goals and try our best to report in daily. Lot of good encouragement and support, lot of discussions, lot of fun.

Any of you grandmas or others reading this are quite welcome to join us.
Hi All,

Good to be back and to see the motivational thread, too. I think I'll need that. I'm a grandmother of 10—mother of 4; 5'5" at 180 trying to lose 50 pounds total, with some short term goals along the way.

I joined this site last year at 189.4 Had a few setbacks during the year that kept me off the site—including a stolen computer— Managed to keep off almost ten pounds so I'm happy for that, although a bit disappointed that the weight loss is moving so slowly. Back on track, now.

Good to be among the motivated.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

I'm a grandma, I'm 55 with nine of the little and no so little munchkins. *s*
I'm trying to lose weight, like most I thought about it on and off and thought I will start it tomorrow when I was eating a hamburger or french fries or coke...it was always something.

I think what kicked it into action was a few things. The first being that I have had some heart palpitations lately and I went to my regular doctor. My weight was 303. The worst its ever been. I looked up online and of course the heart thing could be stress, anxiety any number of things, but it could also be my heart. I called and got an appointment with a cardiologist for the 15th. Since the day I saw my regular doctor I have cut out the sodas, drinking more and more water, no sweets or junk food. My scale yesterday said I was 287 and I thought that can't be right, so I have checked it 3 more times since then thinking it was wrong, even moving the scale, but each time it was within a pound or two. I know that's a lot for the short amount of time and I'm certain part of it is just the difference between their scale and mine, but when I go in to see them I'll be happy with whatever pound or two I have lost because something is better than nothing.