Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7/18

Old 07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mike, go to bed before you lose an arm or get sucked up in a vortex or something .

Quinn, wow, I remember slides. Guess that makes me one of the older ones .

Wednesday report:

1. Stay under 1300 calories. Nope, but 2 unplanned restaurant meals; I'm definitely over. WAY over, 1288, 1268
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 25 grams fiber daily. Yes, 31, 29
4. Exercise 7 times this week (3 runs). Stationary bike, Cardio Tennis AM & treadmill run PM, Cardio Tennis
5. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes

6. Get hair cut off! ZOMG it's all gone
7. Get basement closet cleaned out. On the list for tomorrow
8. Get second opinion from orthodontist. Scheduled for Thursday

Last edited by cjohnson728; 07-20-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning
Mern/ all who are having heat waves - it's 10degrees here and drizzling.

Rose- I am sure you will enjoy England, there are a lot of beautiful and quaint villages and towns as well as some exciting cities. And of course if you got the chance to pop over to Ireland - now there is a lovely country lol (I'm biased)

Jeanette - welcome. I have posted a lot on my own thread but I am new here too.

Quinn - Memories are a mixed bag but they are precious and it would be awful not to have any even if they hurt sometimes. I worked with people who had head injuries and some had lost all of their memory. It was really sad watching their families trying to connect with them and talking about special events or trips or places they had shared and the patient just looked blankly at them or worse still cried over what they had now lost.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn- just read my post and it sounded as if I was getting at you for being sad. No way, I am the same about the avenue where I lived and where I lost my dad and my sister, I just do not like to go along it and see our house with my father's wonderful prize garden now looking rather tired and overgrown. I just meant that much as it makes my heart ache, I'm still glad that I can look back and remember the good (and the not so good)- the bad I have stored in a mind safe and locked up tight.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, our Ohio weather forecast for today is a high of 99F with a heat index of 110! Yeah, I know what you mean about the sweating in places you didn't know you could sweat. I'm considering moving to Antartica. LOL

Wednesday report:
Log everything, even if I have to guess YES YES YES
Calorie limit 1600 1564, 1588, 1220
Calorie deficit 900 per day 938, 1019, 1154
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 27.3, 30.8, 26.5
Sat fat limit 12% of total calories 10%, 14%, 13%
Dietary cholesterol limit 300mg 204, 329, 392 eggs, pork bacon, turkey, beef
Track grams of protein 108 or 30%, 120 or 33%, 93 or 34%

Fish oil and vitamin D YES Forgot fish oil YES
Five servings veggies/fruits 4, 3 YES

Artificial sweetener limit 2 packets per day YES YES YES
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2, 3, 3

Water 64 oz. YES YES NO
Exercise 5 days YES YES DAY OFF

Last edited by Mern; 07-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Dang... I have been gone for a long time. Sorry! I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything, lol... just been too busy to post on here. Missed ya guys.

Last week my weight was a roller-coaster, but it's because of my digestive track being a mess right now. Though it seems the increase of the calcium and fiber is slowly helping.

I am gonna post later today my new goals since I am slowly getting ready for work.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, sorry 'bout your wireless keyboard! Does it have software that you tried to reinstall? Seems like on the one I had years ago, the little modem thingy got plugged in at a certain point during the installation process. If reinstalled without following those instructions to the letter, it didn't work.

Lizzie, I'm sooooooooo jealous of your temperature of 10C. That would be only 50F here and I'd welcome a cooling rain. What little rain we're getting serves only to make it more humid outside when it stops. You can literally see the steam rising from the grass and pavement when the rain stops. Our 110F predicted for today is equal to your 43C. But I'm counting my blessings, too--we have an air conditioned house and air conditioned cars. Could be a lot worse.

ChibiSub, glad to see you back and even more glad you hadn't fallen off the wagon. Hope that fiber and calcium and fiber get you totally back on track.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

ChibiSub, glad to see you back. Hope you're having a good week.

Mern, it's hotter where you are than where I am! We had some storms yesterday that cleared out the humidity a bit, but it'll be back. Looks like the same weather pattern over the next several days. Stay cool and hydrated and take care, everyone!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

WHOA! It's supposed to get so hot and humid today that it will feel like 45 degrees celsius!!! That's 113 in fahrenheit!! Thank goodness for my AC!

In better news, Thursday is my weigh-in day and I am down another pound! Also my ankle feels a whole lot better. Icing it was the right thing to do.

Well Lizzie, I was actually looking at weekend airfares to Dublin so perhaps one weekend I will check out your lovely country. A friend of mine visited Ireland last month and came home with glowing reviews.

Quinn, how cool that you are striking a friendship with the woman who lives in your former home. I have so often wondered what it would be like to visit my childhood home. I am totally sure that I would react the same way you did. I live in the neighborhood where my dad grew up and every time I walk past that house, I get tears in my eyes. I try to remember all the happy times, the laughter and the love.

Mern, you are so amazing! You know just how to make me feel better by focusing on all the positives. What a great lady your are! You can give me your two cents worth any time! Stay cool today!
Old 07-21-2011, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning!

Terri, when you get done with those bathrooms I have one covered in a layer of makeup that my DD16 says is clean. Feel free to come practice, I bet it would make your BF's look spotless!! hee hee

Rose, good luck with that ankle, I hope you can get back to your workouts soon!

Mike, like others said, maybe the techies can recover some of your stuff from computer. At least your having fun today tho, enjoy!

Cassie, I wanna see the cut too! My hair is long, I've been wanting a shorter, but youthful cut for a while, but love my ponytails, so I'm too chicken to cut it!!

Jeanette, welcome! Good luck with your goals

Fitness goals:
>1400 calories per day yes, 1445, 1555, ugh
minimum 3 bottles of water yes, yes, yes
cut down on carbs yes, yes, not really
outside activity each day yes, yes, no
1 soda per day no, had 2, yes, yes
eat from freezer yes, yes, yes

Non-fitness goals
Clean/shampoo BF truck started, done!
clean out half of closet all of it done!
trust more/question less[/QUOTE] kinda!, yes, yes[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna add some weekend goals here too, I don't wanna lose my motivation! I seem to be on all roll with my "home stuff", need to get things done while it lasts!

Weekend goals:
Get blinds put in dormers
mow
weed flower beds

Have a great day fitdayers!
Old 07-21-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Quinn, our Ohio weather forecast for today is a high of 99F with a heat index of 110!

Mern,

Glad I could send it your way! lol It's a little better here today. A light breeze, warm but with lower humidity. Yesterday was a killer!

Lizzie,

No, I didn't take it that way at all. I totally understand. It sounds like you have an interesting line of work. What do you do? I see you're going to Vegas. Do you come to the states often, or is this a first trip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.